It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Chris Herbert lost his leg to a bomb while serving in Iraq with the British Military.

With all the debate about Muslims and Donald Trump's recent call to ban them entry to the United States he felt compelled to offer his unique perspective having been the victim of an attack by a Muslim and losing his leg.

His post on Facebook went Viral..

"Getting frustrated by some people expecting racism from me because I got blown up"

"Yes. A Muslim man blew me up, and I lost my leg," he wrote. "A Muslim man also lost his arm that day wearing a British Uniform.

"A Muslim medic was in the helicopter that took me from the field. A Muslim surgeon performed the surgery that saved my life.

"A Muslim Nurse was part of the team that helped me when I returned to the UK.

"A Muslim Healthcare Assistant was part of the team that sorted out my day to day needs in rehabilitation when I was learning to walk.

"A Muslim taxi driver gave me a free ride the first time I went for a beer with my Dad after I came home.

"A Muslim doctor offered my Dad comfort and advice in a pub, when he didn't know how to deal with my medicines and side effects."

www.cnn.com...

On the spectrum of people qualified to speak about violence by Muslims I find his credentials much greater than Donald Trump.

Interested in opinions..

edit on 10-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Muslims primarily drove the trucks we guarded in Iraq too.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Interesting thread buddy! I think Chris Herbert is spot on. There has been a lot of hatred towards Islam, but rather than judging a religion purely on the actions of a minorty, or believing EVERYTHING the media claims, it's good to take a moment to look around at the Muslims who actually represent Islam for what it really is.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This should re posted all over the world, i wish i could meet this man and by him a drink, id love to hear is stories.
edit on 10-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Also see here: www.dailymail.co.uk...

This guy is a genuine hero...and that one pic of him pretending to lose his leg to a shark...his sense of humor obviously survived the war. What an impressive kid.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This is a great message. Unfortunately, the ignorant masses got all fired up when people started blaming Muslims and now it's caught great momentum.

People I know, care about and have (HAD) respect for are coming out saying to ban Muslims from entering our country, hating on the religion that they haven't even researched, and being mindless drones, helping to fan the flames of hate.

I also worry about the younger generations who are seeing this play out. How many kids in our schools are going home at night and hearing their parents/role models bash Muslims and refugees?

People say National Security is more important than helping refugees. If it were the other way around and they were fleeing violence, trying to get to a safe place I'm SURE they would change their stance.

People are so shallow and hateful. We need another Gandhi/Mother Theresa/MLK/ SOME FIGURE to promote peace and remind people how we are SUPPOSED to treat one another

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Mr Herbert, a private in the 4th Battalion of the Yorkshire Regiment, was one of three soldiers injured when a bomb was detonated next to their Land Rover on 9 February 2007.

One of his comrades, 21-year-old Private Luke Simpson, died in the attack.

Fellow soldiers Captain Ibrar Ali had his right hand amputated and Private Paul Davey had shrapnel in both legs and underwent surgery.

Mr Herbert later said that, in the moments after the attack, he tried to stand and saw the tibia and fibia bones sticking out of his leg.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I agree. Nice stuff you are bringing here.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Fantastic post, both on your part, and on the part of Mr Herbert.

I am with you, as far as who possesses the greater knowledge and experience on these matters, Herbert or Trump. Hopefully the weight of momentum behind Trump is not enough to wash away this particular truth.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Why not, one nice story obviously outweights all the negative ones duh.

Just like I can prove that one nut with a gun means all the millions of gun owners that never break a law should be stripped of their rights.

Right guys?

Right?

Oh I guess that logic falasy only works with guns, not muslims....NVM.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It isnt bigotry to want to make sure that the muslims ISIS says they are hiding terrorists amongst arent terrorists.

It is prudence.

Since they already snuck at least several into western nations, I think it is a very smart move.

Immigrating muslims is not the purpose of Americas gov, keeping Americans safe in America is its primary job.

We have enough issues without importing more so you bleeding hearts can feel good about being yourselves.

Sry mommy and daddy didnt love you enough, now you need to overcompensate for your low self esteem by saying "look im a good person, I support bringing in immigrants".

Not my problem to deal with, nor any other Americans.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

It isnt bigotry to want to make sure that the muslims ISIS says they are hiding terrorists amongst arent terrorists.

It is prudence.

Since they already snuck at least several into western nations, I think it is a very smart move.

Immigrating muslims is not the purpose of Americas gov, keeping Americans safe in America is its primary job.

We have enough issues without importing more so you bleeding hearts can feel good about being yourselves.

Sry mommy and daddy didnt love you enough, now you need to overcompensate for your low self esteem by saying "look im a good person, I support bringing in immigrants".

Right gotcha. You want to demonize the total for the few. You know similar to these comments you just made:

Just like I can prove that one nut with a gun means all the millions of gun owners that never break a law should be stripped of their rights.

Goose and gander and all that bud.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Just as a side note...The 1st amendment, speaking directly to restraints demanded of Lawmakers..forbids them from passing any laws that discriminate based on religion.

Those lawmakers are who the 1st amendment speaks to...not us citizens...not aliens...so those who claim that it does not speak to aliens...correct...it speaks to US Citizens, namely Lawmakers and makes them passing legislation discriminating by religion illegal...>Doesn't matter if that legislation faces US Citizens or Aliens or folks from mars...it restrains lawmakers.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

In addition, exclusions of certain religions is establishment by default. Anyone who took a law class in Highschool can recognize that and the SCOTUS would certainly determine the same.

Iran and similar theocracies outlaw religions.

Strange to see a similar ideology find so much public support amongst the right wing.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well if we are suppose to care about what the British say.

‘Trump is right!’ Police say parts of Britain ARE no-go areas due to ISIS radicalisation

www.express.co.uk...

So now we are using foreign sources to 'prove' American political opinions.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Oh I guess that logic falasy only works with guns, not muslims....NVM.

Perhaps you want to discuss the topic? Or is a derail to gun control safer ground for you?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well if we are suppose to care about what the British say.

‘Trump is right!’ Police say parts of Britain ARE no-go areas due to ISIS radicalisation

www.express.co.uk...

So now we are using foreign sources to 'prove' American political opinions.

This from your link..

The Metropolitan Police also issued a withering statement saying Mr Trump “could not be more wrong” whilst London Mayor Boris Johnson said his claims were “utter nonsense”.

As for the other claims in the link about British Police officers saying otherwise...No names...so either editorial fiction or cowards?

...Either way, neither has credibility compared to a bravely public comment from a soldier who served.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It is prudence.

Right gotcha. You want to demonize the total for the few. You know similar to these comments you just made:

Goose and gander and all that bud.

No, it is a fact that terrorists are hiding in with the immigrants, I want to properly screen them before bringing them in.

So a paris doesnt happen here. You know using logic to prevent a tragedy in the making.

Like having smoke detectors and sprinklers in a building.

Prevention of problems goes a long way towards not having problems.

It is you lefties that have no problems blaming all for the actions of a few, which is why I made that comment about guns.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join