It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So i guess a nice story about a soldier that lost a leg and is still understanding that muslims arent all evil is a bad thing.

Geez i get it, its the liberals, anti gun and obama the commie muslim fault.

The beauty after all this stuff is you guys get to vote for bush or trump.
edit on 10-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So i guess a nice story about a soldier that lost a leg and is still understanding that muslims arent all evil is a bad thing.

Geez i get it, its the liberals, anti gun and obama the commie muslim fault.

Where in the h*ll did somebody on this thread say that "understanding that muslims aren't all evil is a bad thing?"

See? Liberal hyperbolic bs that reads something, projects a negative onto it, and distorts it!! Sheesh!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

All hail the Muslim peacemakers.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

People I know, care about and have (HAD) respect for....

My daughter said pretty much the same exact thing to me last night. She was very sad that so many people she loves and once respected could be so quick to condemn an entire group of people for the actions of a few (she was referring to stuff... ahem... posted on FB). She compared it to judging and condemning all Christians for the acts of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church. She was even sadder that her Muslim friends had to see that stuff... ahem... one of her fb "friends" is a woman that I've known and loved for about 45 years now. She doesn't deserve that. A couple of them were our neighbors for years... wonderful neighbors and I still miss them... they don't deserve this.

And the ones who do deserve it aren't the ones being hurt by it -- they don't care!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Did anybody say anything about a 'religious test'?

Yes...How else does Donald Trump plan on excluding Muslims?

What is a religious test?

Good question...

Say there are ten people within a group of 500 missionaries that have been overseas to an area rampant with a deadly virus. That virus can be detected with an instrument, but the instrument has been found to be faulty and in need of a technological update.

Your analogy aligns with what Donald Trump is calling for only if you decide to ban all Christians from entering the USA.

500 Christian Missionaries visit a region with a deadly virus...We are unable to detect the virus...so we ban all Christians from around the world from entering the USA until we figure out how to detect the virus...
edit on 10-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm still floored by the suggestion of a religious test. How does one go about proving someone is NOT something (Muslim), by a test?
I'd like to see such a test...the questions it would contain...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Muslim radical issue comes from them being able to have massive amounts of money from the theocratic states.

Muslims in the west are changing the faith just as the reaffirming process happened in the Christian faith.

However giving so many resources to the dark age kindoms in the ME has allowed them to control their societies very tightly. The enlightenment era for Muslims where they produce their own Locke, Roseau, Spinoza, Kant etc that inspire the masses has not come because of the theocratic control over the people in the ME. Which we have fully supported in exchange for oil.

We should have said if they want the money and hardware they take steps to clean up their massive human rights issues.

A woman is being stoned today in Iran, a woman was stoned last week in Saudi Arabia. Turkey who is a member state of NATO has a resurgence of state human rights violations against Christians and Kurds.

If we want to see radical ideology go away maybe we shouldn't sponsor it with our foreign policy.
edit on 10-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Thank you for posting! I sent the link to my daughter, who was pretty upset last night by the Muslim-hating going on on Facebook, especially by people she knows and loves. I know she'll appreciate this.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

People like you sound you never got any love from your parents, thats why your bitter!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

But Christians are not the ones associated with ISIS, alQaeda, and other Islamic radical extremists. Only muslims. Common sense, ability to discern a problem, where it's coming from, the main ones involved in it, then formulating a solution....damned political correctness. That is Donald Trump. Everything should be done according to our Constitution and so far I don't see anything he has said that would violate our constitutional authority.

If Christians were coming into our country with people that are organized through a Christian terrorist group with intent to harm innocent Americans, and they were hiding among the good ones, by all means...them, too. But, they're not.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Oh I guess that logic falasy only works with guns, not muslims....NVM.

Perhaps you want to discuss the topic? Or is a derail to gun control safer ground for you?

I sure can but that isn't the only issue that exposes Trump Critics for their EPIC hypocrisy.

We can't talk about the one percent,bankers,ceo's, and the outright BIGOTRY Trump critics have for 'evangelicals', and christians in general.

Or we could always talk about the right of a jewish state to exist.

And yeah it's not like Trump wants to treat muslims like gun owners are.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

But Christians are not the ones associated with ISIS, alQaeda, and other Islamic radical extremists. Only muslims. Common sense, ability to discern a problem, where it's coming from, the main ones involved in it, then formulating a solution....damned political correctness. That is Donald Trump. Everything should be done according to our Constitution and so far I don't see anything he has said that would violate our constitutional authority.

If Christians were coming into our country with people that are organized through a Christian terrorist group with intent to harm innocent Americans, and they were hiding among the good ones, by all means...them, too. But, they're not.

I think the greater fear is the risk of that kind of rhetoric becoming fascist behaviour. There is a very fine line.

The single most important thing is to stop giving money and military equipment to states that adhere to dark age social structures. You want aid stop honor killings, address the subjugation of woman.....

Half these places in the ME take our money and turn it against us.
edit on 10-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I think the greater fear is the risk of that kind of rhetoric becoming fascist behaviour. There is a very fine line.

The single most important thing is to stop giving money and military equipment to states that adhere to dark age social structures. You want aid stop honor killings, address the subjugation of woman.....

Half these places in the ME take our money and turn it against us.

It's all agenda driven. Stop giving money to places like Saudi Arabia that still stone women....but give them the Chair in the United Nations on the Human Rights Council. Hmmmm....some agenda at work!
edit on 10-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I think it's going to be Cruz or Trump actually.

Ted Cruz could actually be the Republican nominee for president

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Is CNN covering the no go zones here in America and in other countries? Why this? Why now? BS!

And good for the Christian Soldier who is able to turn the other cheek and use his personal perspective/experience to further the medias agenda. I am glad he still has a neck to hold his cheek.
edit on pm1231pmThu, 10 Dec 2015 12:43:20 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nobody said all Muslims are bad people.

Trump himself has praised individual Muslims he knows an works with.

The problem is that Islam is also a savage political ideology responsible for more gross human rights violations, mutder of innocents, and unimaginable cruelty than any other form of government currently on the planet.

All you need to do is look to the countries and regions were Islam and sharia are the law and government, as demanded by "Allah" in the Quran. They are brutal dictatorships.

There have been countless terrorist attacks both here and abroad and it is not only our right to protect ourselves but our duty.

edit on 10-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes keep up the bLame game, youll get what you deserve in the end, hillary, bush or trump.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nice feel good article. Ok we get that they are great people. Maybe we should bring them all over and that would stop the problem in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

But Christians are not the ones associated with ISIS, alQaeda, and other Islamic radical extremists. Only muslims.

Common sense, ability to discern a problem, where it's coming from, the main ones involved in it, then formulating a solution....damned political correctness.

Hmmm...But Syed Farook was born and raised in the USA? And how does trump intend to exclude Muslims? Ask them to raise their hands? And of course skin color and nationality isn't being discussed..Just "Muslims"...so lily white Muslims from Canada and such are banned too?

But hell...If "Muslim" is the danger why stop at immigration? Syed Farook was a native....so why not round them up in determent camps? Like we did with the Japanese?

Just as long as we are talking "Common sense, ability to discern a problem...then formulating a solution" and such..

Cuz if your plan is to sacrifice what makes us America in trade for perceived greater safety...I think it's fair for folks to ask you to explain your thinking before doing so.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
In the past ten years the Muslim population of my neighborhood, the neighborhood I grew up in has increased by 68%, most of these people were refugees of the Iraq war.

Long gone is the old Italian family that owned the 7-11, in fact most of the businesses on the ave left, the wallpaper store, the karate school, the Italian restaurant, the bagel shop even the catholic school... all gone.

But those business left long before the immigrants got here,in a wave of white flight that started 20 years ago.
Now because of the new immigrant population, the old union hall is now a mosque instead of sitting vacant waiting on a buyer, and those closed shops are open again, granted these new stores cater to a different community than those old buildings served in years past but that's how life works, the world spins and everything is always changing.

As far as I'm concerned my Muslim neighbors are no different than my White, Black, Hispanic or Asian neighbors, native born or immigrant, everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.

And to be honest, I think if not for the immigrant from Iraq and Asia that settled in my neighbor that started new business, take care of and have pride in their property and generally are contributing members of society this place would probably be a pretty nasty ghetto.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join