It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Immigrating muslims is not the purpose of Americas gov, keeping Americans safe in America is its primary job.

Since when? America has never been a 'safe' place,sorry.From the time people got off a boat here there have been a lot of dangers they had to face.The governments job is to see to the infrastructure of the country and keep it running up to par,not pads corners for us.

If it WAS the governments job to keep us safe,they aren't doing a very good job of it. We have the FBI,CIA,NSA,TSA,Federal Marshals,local Police,and municipality police as well as others crawled up your butt and down your throat listening to everything you do,say,and type,yet they sure couldn't stop the Boston bombings now could they?

The thinking that the government is going to 'protect' you is why people give up their rights under the constitution and bill of rights. Time to wake up folks,big daddy uncle SAM can't help you. They can't even stop a home grown terrorist.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Krazyshot I know you have a personal vendetta against me so it is irrelevant. Non-citizen immigrants and the authority to restrict for national security does not fall under the First Amendment, it is another piece of law altogether. That is being covered here

This soldier did a very honorable service and made a gargantuan sacrifice in the process. He also has the right to say whatever he wants. Thats good for him. The fact that an emotional opinion piece went viral just shows Edward Bernays appeal to emotion not logic propaganda he taught the governments of the world after WW2 is still in full fore and utilized now more than ever.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It isnt bigotry to want to make sure that the muslims ISIS says they are hiding terrorists amongst arent terrorists.

It is prudence.

Since they already snuck at least several into western nations, I think it is a very smart move.

Immigrating muslims is not the purpose of Americas gov, keeping Americans safe in America is its primary job.

We have enough issues without importing more so you bleeding hearts can feel good about being yourselves.

Sry mommy and daddy didnt love you enough, now you need to overcompensate for your low self esteem by saying "look im a good person, I support bringing in immigrants".

Not my problem to deal with, nor any other Americans.

Right gotcha. You want to demonize the total for the few. You know similar to these comments you just made:

Just like I can prove that one nut with a gun means all the millions of gun owners that never break a law should be stripped of their rights.

Goose and gander and all that bud.

No, it is a fact that terrorists are hiding in with the immigrants, I want to properly screen them before bringing them in.

You mean something like the Patriot Act?

So a paris doesnt happen here. You know using logic to prevent a tragedy in the making.

You cannot prevent all tragedies. That should be a reality you should already be well aware of. What happened to not sacrificing security for freedom? Or is it ok when you sacrifice it to attack "brown" people?

Like having smoke detectors and sprinklers in a building.

Prevention of problems goes a long way towards not having problems.

It is you lefties that have no problems blaming all for the actions of a few, which is why I made that comment about guns.

Lol. It's funny how you are implicating all muslims as terrorists in one half of your post then saying that only liberals do that. Man your hypocrisy is hilarious!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Oh I guess that logic falasy only works with guns, not muslims....NVM.

Perhaps you want to discuss the topic? Or is a derail to gun control safer ground for you?

It is all logic fail, both issues.

Or are you not comfortable discussing the denial of ignorance?

Because just setting up a paris attack in America so you can feel good about bringing in immigrants is as ignorant as it gets.

Properly vet them, if it cannont be known who they are, sry charlie, go away.

The ones that are properly identifiable and vetted, "welcome home friends!".

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Creating groups like ISIS isn't the primary purpose of the American government either. Nor is invading other nations for no reason and giving them the reason for wanting to attack America.

We have enough issues without importing more so you bleeding hearts can feel good about being yourselves.

We have enough problems without the xenophobes in our nation who keep crying for war because they wet their knickers everytime they hear the word Muslim.

It is our problem to deal with because it was our actions that created the conditions these people were forced to live in. Didn't mommy and daddy ever tell you it's your mess now clean it up? We made the mess now it's our place to clean it up.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It isnt bigotry to want to make sure that the muslims ISIS says they are hiding terrorists amongst arent terrorists.

It is prudence.

Since they already snuck at least several into western nations, I think it is a very smart move.

Sry mommy and daddy didnt love you enough, now you need to overcompensate for your low self esteem by saying "look im a good person, I support bringing in immigrants".

Right gotcha. You want to demonize the total for the few. You know similar to these comments you just made:

Just like I can prove that one nut with a gun means all the millions of gun owners that never break a law should be stripped of their rights.

Goose and gander and all that bud.

No, it is a fact that terrorists are hiding in with the immigrants, I want to properly screen them before bringing them in.

And how is a religious test properly screening them?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Krazyshot I know you have a personal vendetta against me so it is irrelevant. Non-citizen immigrants and the authority to restrict for national security does not fall under the First Amendment, it is another piece of law altogether. That is being covered here

I do? I don't even know who you are and I cannot remember speaking to you before... I think you have an over hyped sense of self here on ATS.

I mean if you think you've found a constitutional basis for your xenophobia, great. I guess... None of that makes it the right thing to do though. After all, not only was slavery constitutional at one point, it was SPECIFICALLY written into it.

This soldier did a very honorable service and made a gargantuan sacrifice in the process. He also has the right to say whatever he wants. Thats good for him. The fact that an emotional opinion piece went viral just shows Edward Bernays appeal to emotion not logic propaganda he taught the governments of the world after WW2 is still in full fore and utilized now more than ever.

Pretty much the entire idea of screening Muslims based on them being terrorists is based on emotion (namely fear). Don't try that nonsense with me when we are combating the very appeal to emotion rhetoric that started this #.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Is this a feel good for the military and Islam right when they announce increased boots on ground in the ME? We must rescue those good people, they aren't all terrorists, some even want to be bombed and occupied, one more time.

As far as calls to sequester or block Muslims, the shooters in that Virginia church, Oregon state, Colorado and elsewhere were white, I don't see anyone calling for 'blocking' white people.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Since when? America has never been a 'safe' place,sorry.From the time people got off a boat here there have been a lot of dangers they had to face.The governments job is to see to the infrastructure of the country and keep it running up to par,not pads corners for us.

If it WAS the governments job to keep us safe,they aren't doing a very good job of it. We have the FBI,CIA,NSA,TSA,Federal Marshals,local Police,and municipality police as well as others crawled up your butt and down your throat listening to everything you do,say,and type,yet they sure couldn't stop the Boston bombings now could they?

The thinking that the government is going to 'protect' you is why people give up their rights under the constitution and bill of rights. Time to wake up folks,big daddy uncle SAM can't help you. They can't even stop a home grown terrorist.

It didnt say they can or do, but it is their primary goal to secure the nation from known threats.

Above all other things.

Importing terrorists knowingly is not a part of that mandate.

Neither is immigrating people.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

What does that have to do with what Trump proposed?

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States"

edit on 10-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States"

BS, and you kow it!

"until we can properly vet them" is the part of the quote you ommited BTW.

But you knew that already, otherwise you didnt look very hard.

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on,”

www.jihadwatch.org...

That is as quoted by CNN BTW, hardly trump stumpers
edit on 10-12-2015 by forkedtongue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

As far as calls to sequester or block Muslims, the shooters in that Virginia church, Oregon state, Colorado and elsewhere were white, I don't see anyone calling for 'blocking' white people.

The Husband shooter in San Bernardino was born and raised in the USA...Which is inconvenient to the Trumps of the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

BS, and you kow it!

"until we can properly vet them" is the part of the quote you ommited BTW.

But you knew that already, otherwise you didnt look very hard.

Confused...If it about proper vetting, then why did he call for a "total and complete shutdown of MUSLIMS entering the United States"???

Why only Muslims?

BTW - Trump just announced he cancelled his trip to Israel...I am pretty sure it will come out that they decided they didn't want him there...aka denied entry

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Did anybody say anything about a 'religious test'? What is a religious test?

Say there are ten people within a group of 500 missionaries that have been overseas to an area rampant with a deadly virus. That virus can be detected with an instrument, but the instrument has been found to be faulty and in need of a technological update. Do you temporarily detain all 500 till you get a handle on what is wrong with the faulty instrument before going further, or do you just let them all come on in and deal with the deadly virus as it rears its ugly head?

edit on 10-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That's a joke. Trumps plan. Since when has the government ever had a plan that worked. Yeah, and somehow this is for our benefit, heard that before, trillions of dollars later, and lies out the a**, but don't worry, it's the truth they promised.

Whatever.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The Husband shooter in San Bernardino was born and raised in the USA…Which is inconvenient to the Trumps of the world.

The main stream media is the voice of the Paradigm, they promote the anti muslim sentiment all day long. How else would everyone be that manipulated?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Saw this this morning on my Facebook feed, I'm glad someone posted it here. It's important to acknowledge that many Muslims in the West serve in western military's, they are on the western side of these wars many here insist are necessary.

For those of you arguing that this is logical fallacy, it's not:

@Forkedtongue
No. That would be a logical fallacy... on your part. For one thing, not everyone who feels that gun control laws need a revamp believes that all guns should be banned. Certainly not all 'liberals' support gun control to begin with. Since you were using sarcasm you obviously feel that not all gun owners should blamed or scrutinized every time there's a mass shooting.

You're right. People should not do that. I know people do... and it's exactly as you say. Logical Fallacy.

Neither should you judge all Muslims by Terrorists. It should be clear by now that not all Terrorists are Muslim and you should be quite capable of looking at a horrible scenario without jumping to conclusions about the culprits and then later blaming all that also fit into the culprits demographic. You are obviously not okay with it happening to you every time a white guy (yes I'm assuming you're a white male gun owner) goes fruitloops in a movie theater. Think.

@Neo
Grow up. There's American Muslim vets too.
edit on 12/10/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

This story sounds like BS to me.

Agenda much?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This story sounds like BS to me.

Agenda much?

Why do you say that? You don't believe there are Muslim medics, nurses, healthcare assistants, taxi drivers, and doctors?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join