It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
wow, it only took 4 pages to turn a lovely story into another 'ATS-thread'

nicely done.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Or, you could try engaging with the facts occasionally, rather than swallowing whatever filth augmented Kool Aid your favourite peddler of divisive, factually absent hate speech is handing out this month.

Your inability to accept reality does not change it.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

My father in-law agrees with Trump

What can I say that if 40 redheads killed Americans over years all redheads should be kicked from the country and no more let in? Nothing gets through.Some people enjoy hating.

OVERVIEW Muslim social scientists and researchers have spent a great deal of time trying to determine the number of Muslims in the United States. Most accept the estimate of from 5 million to 8 million. That is to say at least 5 million people in North America claim Islam as their religion and/or practice.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
wow, it only took 4 pages to turn a lovely story into another 'ATS-thread'

nicely done.

It is a lovely story, but I am not swallowing a load of BS just because it makes you feel good. I don't believe his story is entirely true and if you do then you are naive.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It isnt bigotry to want to make sure that the muslims ISIS says they are hiding terrorists amongst arent terrorists.
It is prudence.

Since they already snuck at least several into western nations, I think it is a very smart move.
Immigrating muslims is not the purpose of Americas gov, keeping Americans safe in America is its primary job.
We have enough issues without importing more so you bleeding hearts can feel good about being yourselves.

Sry mommy and daddy didnt love you enough, now you need to overcompensate for your low self esteem by saying "look im a good person, I support bringing in immigrants".
Not my problem to deal with, nor any other Americans.

We all have enemies of all nationalities and all religions, all religions and all groups have radicals.

We didn't even ban the KKK or any other radical group for a reason, we wanted freedom in this country.

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men

www.alternet.org...
Shall we ban Christian immigrants also? All religious people maybe in case they are or become radicalized?

Westboro, considered a radical group by many that falls outside mainstream Christian beliefs, often pickets the funerals of soldiers, celebrities and people they deem to live a lifestyle inconsistent with their interpretation of the Bible. The organization believes that America is cursed for embracing homosexuality, and therefore is against all displays of patriotism, including honoring soldiers.
Read more at www.christianpost.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As far as calls to sequester or block Muslims, the shooters in that Virginia church, Oregon state, Colorado and elsewhere were white, I don't see anyone calling for 'blocking' white people.

Although i agree with your post.
People do keep mixing race with religion. Muslims can come in any color as can Christians.My in-laws think Muslim is a race.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Interested in opinions..

Respects the consciousness of the soldier for emitting a positive frequency instead of taking advantage of the collective (FEAR) atmosphere and adding more negative.

Its a sign his Soul frequency is resonating well. Wishes him luck recovering from his mental - physical wounds obtained during war times...

I guess what he is saying is what many other humans are saying abroad globally and within the U.S.A, which is that its not fair to single out a religious ethnic group within the species just because there are some of the species who associate themselves with religious groups. For what is preventing another group within the species from experiencing the same outcomes? Judaism - Christianity for example. And it doesn't have to be an action / policy associated with one land mass region.

Currently not permitted to politically intervene just WATCHING to see the intelligence of man as the decides...

Am however allowed to consciously help BRIGHTEN the receptive mind?(s) of Who?ever

NAMASTE*******
edit on 12/10/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Will take the perspective of someone who's walked the walk and really been out there in the real world, rather than that of a pampered, pandering blowhard any day.

Well done, Chris.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Currently not permitted to politically intervene just WATCHING to see the intelligence of man as the decides...

Who or what controls your ability to respond politically to a post on ATS?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Or, you could try engaging with the facts occasionally, rather than swallowing whatever filth augmented Kool Aid your favourite peddler of divisive, factually absent hate speech is handing out this month.

Your inability to accept reality does not change it.

1) Which "Peddler" would that be?
2) There is currently an Islamic CALIPHATE, on our PLANET, in 2015, in UNDER merely 24 hours flight time away from you.
3) Sharia...is NOT compatible with Western Society. And I say that as someone who considered Islam in his YOUTH, has read the Quran and Hadith and the notations of Muhammad's companions many times.

"Reality"....yes....let's GET TO IT
edit on 10-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Pics, or it didn't happen. lol, I know, I know, that's being insensitive, but like, how many times do we have to point out that the aim is to prevent radical Muslims from entering our country. They must not exist anymore!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.
uhh Muslims aren't a race so no it's not bigotry
edit on 12/10/2015 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

uhh Muslims aren't a race so no it's not bigotry

Bigotry includes any group..it doesn't have to be a race. That's why the term "racism" exists

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes, the reality being that hating on an entire group of people over the actions of a relative few, is not justifiable in the least.

Neither is treating individuals who mean you no harm as if they are your enemy, or worse, making enemies where there are none.

Fact: some Muslims are terrorists.

Fiction: all Muslims are to blame for terrorism, responsible for it, somehow complicit in it.

For example, I am a Christian. I am not responsible for the WBC, the actions of either the IRA or UVF during the troubles in Ireland, or indeed the Crusades, leave alone the terrible actions of my nations government over the last fifty years or more. All of those things were the issuance of apparently Christian folk of one sort or another. Actually though, they were the issuance of a bunch of zealots who were about as familiar with walking the path of Christ, as I am with tap dancing on the Moon.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
We should have said if they want the money and hardware they take steps to clean up their massive human rights issues.

A woman is being stoned today in Iran, a woman was stoned last week in Saudi Arabia. Turkey who is a member state of NATO has a resurgence of state human rights violations against Christians and Kurds.

If we want to see radical ideology go away maybe we shouldn't sponsor it with our foreign policy.

We have plenty of problems to deal with bigger than this.
If you look at it that way, human rights around the world must come into it. Have you been eating chocolate? I watched a video of babies covered in scars and wounds locked in a tin hut with only a cup to pee in all day to make chocolate bought by mostly westerners. Look into it. We are the cause of much of the problems around the world.

The human cost of chocolate
In "Chocolate's Child Slaves," CNN's David McKenzie travels into the heart of the Ivory Coast to investigate what's happening to children working in the cocoa fields. More information and CNN International air times
It may be unthinkable that the chocolate we enjoy could come from the hands of children working as slaves. In the Ivory Coast alone, there are an estimated 200,000 children working the fields, many against their will, to create the chocolate delicacies enjoyed around the world.

thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com...
How about we worry about the millions of human traffickers?

The United States of America is principally a transit and destination country for trafficking in persons. It is estimated that 14,500 to 17,500 people, primarily women and children, are trafficked to the U.S. annually.

www.humantrafficking.org...

10:29 AM ET
Germany's parliament has taken on debating human trafficking in Sinai in part due to CNN reporting from the region.
German MP Annette Groth says it is time for Berlin to use its economic power to pressure Egyptian authorities.
Human rights groups estimate that thousands of African migrants have perished trying to make it to Israel via the Sinai. FULL POST

thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 10-12-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

And WHO here was chastising or attacking ALL MUSLIMS?

Me? Coming from someone who talks about 'facts' and comprehension you sure like to project before you read. I never SAID "All Muslims"....

And so what, this guy knows some 'good ones'. Who cares? Does it answer questions about ISIS? About Nusra? Al Qaeda? Boko Haram?

I don't give a rats **** about 'the nice ones'. We are in a De Facto WAR whether you like it or not. All your feel good stories don't stop the fact. Feel good stories are nice, especially to politicize things...but they dont GET THINGS DONE AND ANSWER CURRENT THREATS

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
P.S.

Checked again...we STILL have a CALIPHATE in the Levant Region and spreading out in the Mid East.

In 2015.....

Thought that would be relevant also

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Just as a side note...The 1st amendment, speaking directly to restraints demanded of Lawmakers..forbids them from passing any laws that discriminate based on religion.

Those lawmakers are who the 1st amendment speaks to...not us citizens...not aliens...so those who claim that it does not speak to aliens...correct...it speaks to US Citizens, namely Lawmakers and makes them passing legislation discriminating by religion illegal...>Doesn't matter if that legislation faces US Citizens or Aliens or folks from mars...it restrains lawmakers.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

In addition, exclusions of certain religions is establishment by default. Anyone who took a law class in Highschool can recognize that and the SCOTUS would certainly determine the same.

Iran and similar theocracies outlaw religions.

Strange to see a similar ideology find so much public support amongst the right wing.
Right on.......but its our constitution. You know AMERICA'S constitution for Americans.

I mean if our constitution applied to everyone else in the world then why don't we liberate those poor North Korean people from Kim Jong. I mean surly he is breaking our constitution right?

Or perhaps all those supressed raped degraded women that are treated like pets in some other countrys?

I eagerly await a response to this one.
edit on 12/10/2015 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Apparently it does, and it is good enough for:

The one percent. They have too much money.

CEO's cause they are 'fat cats'.

Firearms because no one 'needs' one that fires more than one round at a time, and can hold only one round.

Gmo's cause apparently their making people grow a 3 arms, and 3 eyes.

Evangelicals cause the religion might rub off.

But suddenly they draw the line at 'muslims'.

Now if only they would apply the muslim standard to everyone else.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think a lot of this is trying to prove a point rather than be a truthful recollection of what happened. I very much doubt that everyone he interacted with after this attack was a muslim, but regardless he is spreading a good word. It is completely unjustified to tar a whole religion with the same brush.

I genuinely hope this has reached out to some of the people who are not able to accept that this isn't a religious war, even if it is treated as so by the media
edit on 10/12/2015 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join