It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

New FBI Report Casts Doubt on NRA's 'Good Guy Stops Bad Guy' Nonsense

The FBI report not only debunks the "good guy stops the bad guy" nonsense, but also gives us some important data to judge the validity of another NRA mantra, namely, whether "bad guys" are drawn to commit shootings in gun-free zones.

According to the FBI, of the 160 active shootings, 39 or roughly 25 percent took place in educational facilities and the shooters were overwhelmingly students who either attended or had attended the particular school. In most of these cases the connection of the shooter to the school was the motivating issue, not the fact that the schools were gun-free zones. More than two-thirds of all the active shooting incidents between 2000 and 2013 took place in locations which were not readily understood to be gun-free zones. But why let facts stand in the way of an opinion or, better yet, a good marketing scheme?

The only report that supports the BS about "gun free zones" being target is from a known gun advocate. The thing about that is the FBI stats don't support it, so is he making it up or reading the data wrong.

How you can spin that the people asking for stricter gun laws to stop mentally ill people are responsible for massacres is crazy. So the people telling the world that no gun restrictions for anyone have no responsibility at all?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I don't believe his story one bit. Also, you're not a hero for getting your leg blown off.

Aw come on now, that is unfair to the soldier (i am a vet).

I am on the "why take any chances eating from a bag of M&Ms if I KNOW There is poison in them" category. I love ALL PEOPLE and respect the Muslims right to live but those that don't respect me and you are coming to kill and they have repeatedly said they were for all the world to know. Even more importantly they have proved they are willing to go the distance and you Anti Trumpites are being sheep for the slaughter if we can't find a way to stop the hate filled, rapist, pedophile murder cult within Islam that tarnishes the good for being associated.

Before you spew hate to me for defending NEO or Trump remember I LOVE ALL PEOPLE. I am NOT BLIND to the facts as some appear to be. Especially, about the intent of Jihadist (who damn well exist). Don't make the mistake of accusing the victims. There are those of us who very logically don't want to take such a big chance with our future and OUR KIDS who will be fodder over and over till this ends. And bringing up the mass shootings of lone nuts who may have had a religion that says love thy neighbor is BS and you all know it. Well actually they weren't followers of Jesus if they hated their fellow man, period!
edit on 11-12-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

No point dude Guns are ingrained in US culture and while many will not admit it and claim give ever excuse in the book to do with owning one they just love their guns...many don't care about others in the USA...screw you Jack I'm doing fine is the mantra for many here.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: theonenonlyone

No point dude Guns are ingrained in US culture and while many will not admit it and claim give ever excuse in the book to do with owning one they just love their guns...many don't care about others in the USA...screw you Jack I'm doing fine is the mantra for many here.

I don't love mine but i see no way in hell to put them back in Pandora's box. Evil and it's followers cares less what anyone thinks.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Oh thats a good one "I have one to fight evil".
Best one yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Oh thats a good one "I have one to fight evil".
Best one yet.

Cute, is being a denier of reality your game? I mean can you say evil is some made up thing?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Nah just messing.
I know you need them in the USA you have critters but lets face it USA loves the gun. Does it make you safe? I doubt it but it makes you feel safe.
Why are you all so afraid though?.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Nah just messing.
I know you need them in the USA you have critters but lets face it USA loves the gun. Does it make you safe? I doubt it but it makes you feel safe.
Why are you all so afraid though?.

Fair enough..

But my logic is not about fear for myself it is fear for the innocent. Many people are confused about the fear thing when it is simply very smart to avoid a hornets nest. I do respect your right to not be worried. Not deliberately trying to offend anyone but i am wanting people to see things clearly. If we can't see things like historical events for what they are we will see them continually repeated. And i think that is a fair observation.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Justoneman because: need a proofreader

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

so lets see if i interpret this correctly... a white ( christian ) invader gets treated with respect by arabs who he fails to differentiate between muslims and secular Iraqiis? Calling every middle easterner as Muslim is akin to saying every white Coalition military invader in the middle east subscribes to Christianity. You still dont get how they play you.

He equated everyone of those helpers and presumed they were all muslim based on the colour of their skin...way to go

how about we write a thread " not all arabs are bad or even muslim "

edit on 11-12-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

and how did you deal with the fact that ISIS is a tool of the CIA? Or that 911 was orchestrated by elements within your own goverment?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

Just as a side note...The 1st amendment, speaking directly to restraints demanded of Lawmakers..forbids them from passing any laws that discriminate based on religion.

Those lawmakers are who the 1st amendment speaks to...not us citizens...not aliens...so those who claim that it does not speak to aliens...correct...it speaks to US Citizens, namely Lawmakers and makes them passing legislation discriminating by religion illegal...>Doesn't matter if that legislation faces US Citizens or Aliens or folks from mars...it restrains lawmakers.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

In addition, exclusions of certain religions is establishment by default. Anyone who took a law class in Highschool can recognize that and the SCOTUS would certainly determine the same.

Iran and similar theocracies outlaw religions.

Strange to see a similar ideology find so much public support amongst the right wing.
Right on.......but its our constitution. You know AMERICA'S constitution for Americans.

I mean if our constitution applied to everyone else in the world then why don't we liberate those poor North Korean people from Kim Jong. I mean surly he is breaking our constitution right?

Or perhaps all those supressed raped degraded women that are treated like pets in some other countrys?

I eagerly await a response to this one.

Yes...our constitution only applies to US Citizens (more or less)...

What you are missing (and you are not alone here) is that the 1st Amendment is not granting right to US Citizens..It is telling US Citizens (Government) what they can not do.

The first amendment presupposes everyone's freedom of religion and tells CONGRESS they can not mess with it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

And Congress is legally bound (as US Citizens) to abide by that...

A Law discriminating based on religion? Unconstitutional for congress to pass that law..

The First Amendment tells the Gov what laws they can not pass...it doesn't grant or retract rights to either US Citizens, Aliens or anyone else.

It is a statement limiting Lawmakers...not granting rights (citizen or alien)...those rights are assumed.
who said anything about passing a law? I don't think passing a law would be necessary for what trump is proposing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

It's amazing how one man can come out with simple common sense and it goes viral.

Says a lot about the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It doesn't say any such thing, but could you point out the part of OUR constitution that says we HAVE to except everyone even the suspected terrorist mixed in the with refugees?
What exactly is wrong with Mr Trumps plan of temporarily putting the brakes on emigration until we can get a better test to weed out the ones that mean the American people harm?

The 1st Amendment says that we can't single out any religion for any reason. That's why.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It doesn't say any such thing, but could you point out the part of OUR constitution that says we HAVE to except everyone even the suspected terrorist mixed in the with refugees?
What exactly is wrong with Mr Trumps plan of temporarily putting the brakes on emigration until we can get a better test to weed out the ones that mean the American people harm?

Without going into 1st amendment, what else is wrong with Trumps statement - is attack at refugees, where neither attacker was refugee. One was born in USA, so he WAS USA citizen, second got in country with visa, not through refugee program.

USA already has well made vetting process, best explained by John Oliver in following segment:

Now, let's think for a second about technicality of this supposed ban of all Muslims. How do you know someone is Muslims? You ask them? What if they lie? Check blood type? Please, explain how do you imagine this even possible to implement... I really would love to learn.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
In perspective: I gave you a bowl of 1,000 smaties (M&M's) and told you that 5%
of them is deadly poisonous, one bite and that's it.. Would you eat the candies?
Hell No.. !
Then why should the majority of us just stand by and allow more candies
to arrive daily? say nothing and accept whats happening.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FidFed
In perspective: I gave you a bowl of 1,000 smaties (M&M's) and told you that 5%
of them is deadly poisonous, one bite and that's it.. Would you eat the candies?
Hell No.. !
Then why should the majority of us just stand by and allow more candies
to arrive daily? say nothing and accept whats happening.

Woow, very interesting metaphor and interpretation of current problem, but let me ask you this...

What if candy that are deadly to you are as well deadly to rest of candy...or perhaps if deadly sickness is airborne?? But what if it was not candy, but your mouth that is sick and carries airborne disease??

Just for your info - all candy are very unhealthy for humans because they are just pure sugar... but we still eat them...
edit on 11-12-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Great post and I agree with the soldier who wrote it 100%. However this should not discredit what Trump wants to do or should do. I absolutely feel terrible for the Muslim group because they are being lumped all into one when that is not fair. It's like lumping all whites in to the Skinheads group or all blacks in to the Bloods or Crips gangs. Here is the major problem we face with the Muslim group however:

1.6 billion Muslims populate this world...roughly 24% of the global population.
Approximately 15%-25% of that population are thought to be radical. That's 240 - 400 million radical Muslims.
Even if we dropped it down to 5% that is still 80 million radical Muslims.
As an example...1940 only 7% of Germans were considered Nazi's. We all know how that history went.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Great post and I agree with the soldier who wrote it 100%. However this should not discredit what Trump wants to do or should do. I absolutely feel terrible for the Muslim group because they are being lumped all into one when that is not fair. It's like lumping all whites in to the Skinheads group or all blacks in to the Bloods or Crips gangs. Here is the major problem we face with the Muslim group however:

1.6 billion Muslims populate this world...roughly 24% of the global population.
Approximately 15%-25% of that population are thought to be radical. That's 240 - 400 million radical Muslims.
Even if we dropped it down to 5% that is still 80 million radical Muslims.
As an example...1940 only 7% of Germans were considered Nazi's. We all know how that history went.

Only problem that this time arround, we are acting and doing the same Nazi Germany did back then, and speaking of radical, is GOP right wing also Radical? That would explain many things, including why radicals politics is not different...

Care to share sources for your statistical information posted here? Where did you get 15-25% number?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The 1st Amendment says that we can't single out any religion for any reason. That's why.

Now, Therefore, I, Barack Obama, by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, as amended (8 U.S.C. 1182(f)), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, hereby find that the unrestricted immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of persons described in section 1 of this proclamation would be detrimental to the interests of the United States. I therefore hereby proclaim that:

Section 1. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of the following persons is hereby suspended:

(a) Any alien who planned, ordered, assisted, aided and abetted, committed or otherwise participated in, including through command responsibility, widespread or systematic violence against any civilian population based in whole or in part on race; color; descent; sex; disability; membership in an indigenous group; language; religion; political opinion; national origin; ethnicity; membership in a particular social group; birth; or sexual orientation or gender identity, or who attempted or conspired to do so.

(b) Any alien who planned, ordered, assisted, aided and abetted, committed or otherwise participated in, including through command responsibility, war crimes, crimes against humanity or other serious violations of human rights, or who attempted or conspired to do so.

(b) Any alien who planned, ordered, assisted, aided and abetted, committed or otherwise participated in, including through command responsibility, war crimes, crimes against humanity or other serious violations of human rights, or who attempted or conspired to do so.

As stated in this thread here on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

As stated in our Constitution.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join