It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Great post and I agree with the soldier who wrote it 100%. However this should not discredit what Trump wants to do or should do. I absolutely feel terrible for the Muslim group because they are being lumped all into one when that is not fair. It's like lumping all whites in to the Skinheads group or all blacks in to the Bloods or Crips gangs. Here is the major problem we face with the Muslim group however:

1.6 billion Muslims populate this world...roughly 24% of the global population.
Approximately 15%-25% of that population are thought to be radical. That's 240 - 400 million radical Muslims.
Even if we dropped it down to 5% that is still 80 million radical Muslims.
As an example...1940 only 7% of Germans were considered Nazi's. We all know how that history went.

Only problem that this time arround, we are acting and doing the same Nazi Germany did back then, and speaking of radical, is GOP right wing also Radical? That would explain many things, including why radicals politics is not different...

Care to share sources for your statistical information posted here? Where did you get 15-25% number?

After the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January, conservative anti-Islamic extremism activist Brigitte Gabriel claimed that “between 15 to 25 percent” of all Muslims are radical and that “You’re looking at 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization.”
www.mystatesman.com...

I believe that number to be high and that's why I did 5%, which if one argued that was still too high I would have no qualms with it.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Daily Express is not a serious news source. They're the herberts who used to run vaguely Princess Diana-centric stories every Monday in the fond delusion that people wanted to read about Di's butler's budgie. The paper has fallen from a great height and now a laughing stock.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

As stated in our Constitution.

Yes I agree but those rights go away when they are not here to peaceably assemble

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Rights go away? You mean the government can take our rights away? You don't say...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: Indigo5

Properly vet them, if it cannont be known who they are, sry charlie, go away.

The ones that are properly identifiable and vetted, "welcome home friends!".

What does that have to do with what Trump proposed?

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States"

BS, and you kow it!

"until we can properly vet them" is the part of the quote you ommited BTW.

But you knew that already, otherwise you didnt look very hard.

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on,”

www.jihadwatch.org...

That is as quoted by CNN BTW, hardly trump stumpers

Actually.....

He says, ".....what the HELL is going on!"

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.
uhh Muslims aren't a race so no it's not bigotry

So if I hate ALL terrorists does that not also qualify me as a bigot?

Wouldn't it appear then that bigotry can be a good thing as well as bad?

Is it bigotry to temporarily halt all muslim immigration until we can come up with a good screening process for the safety of the United states?

You see even though it can be considered bigotry, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I served in the same battalion as Chris at the time he lost his leg and can say you have never met someone so positive and upbeat before and after the incident happened. I no longer have contact with him except for facebook but he lives his life like nothing happened. His views are shared by me also, you would be surprised by the amount of military people who also share this view.... Its great how many people have seen this post and he hasnt kept it to himself

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well if we are suppose to care about what the British say.

‘Trump is right!’ Police say parts of Britain ARE no-go areas due to ISIS radicalisation

www.express.co.uk...

So now we are using foreign sources to 'prove' American political opinions.

That's all lies, as usual, from the Express - various police heads have complained today. I live in one of the apparent 'no go zones' and never had any trouble apart from constant police sirens.

Claims of Muslim ‘no go’ areas in Preston ‘absolute tosh’ say police

These claims were then repeated on Sky News, where it was also said officers had to take their uniforms off before going home, because of the fear of attacks. But Chief Superintendent James Lee, South Division Commander for the force, 
said that the remarks were “absolute tosh”. He said: “I’ve been here 10 years and this has never been the case. “I very much doubt the person quoted by the Daily Mail was a Lancashire police 
officer, because it’s just not true.

Rachel Baines, chairman of Lancashire Police Federation, said: “My feelings are the same as the force on this, there are no such things as ‘no go’ areas for police, certainly in Preston.

“I would like to know where this has come from, because I’ve had no officers contacting me with any concerns about it.”

She added: “As for the uniforms, that’s been advice since I joined the police 22 years ago. It’s about officer safety and people who are not happy about the law being enforced, but this is not specifically about the Muslim community.”

The Daily Mail was contacted for a comment, but did not respond.

The claims come after US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said that areas of London were ‘no go zones’ for the police.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police slammed his remarks, saying he “could not be more wrong” when he claimed that parts of London were so radicalised the officers feared for their lives.

www.lep.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThorsBrother
I served in the same battalion as Chris at the time he lost his leg and can say you have never met someone so positive and upbeat before and after the incident happened. I no longer have contact with him except for facebook but he lives his life like nothing happened. His views are shared by me also, you would be surprised by the amount of military people who also share this view.... Its great how many people have seen this post and he hasnt kept it to himself

Just bumping this Outstanding Post.

Thank you for the personal reference and validating the credibility of Chris's post.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Indigo5

but like, how many times do we have to point out that the aim is to prevent radical Muslims from entering our country. They must not exist anymore!

That is not what Trump called for...

Of course we are on the same page...EVERYONE wants to "prevent Radical Muslims from entering our country"

Trump knows this...that is why he appealed to baser emotions via fear mongering and called for a ban on ALL Muslims.

A ban on ALL Muslims entering the country will effectively do nothing to make us more secure.

But it will achieve a goal for ISIS. Just as they smash and obliterate ancient temples and works ...they aim to destroy the principles that define us as a country. Trump has offered up our principle of religious freedom to the terrorists....and mark my words, it does not stop there.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Your response is so laughable. You think we need another Ghandi who was a self proclaimed racists or another mother Theresa who embezzled and stole millions that was meant for the poor. MLK I agree with since he was a truly peacful and great man.

And just to add, the vast majority of people who research and educate themselves on Islam realize how significant a threat it is (this includes Muslims). It's a very real fact that the vast majority of Muslims have never read a Koran or know very little of what it contains. Their knowledge usually consists of hatred spewed by Mullahs and Muftis in the mosques.

Have a go at reading it and you'll realize how sickening it is. I actually thought that the Old Testament from the bible was horrific until I read the absolute sickening hatred and genocidal preaching from the Koran and Hadith.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

the world needs to get it out of it's head that Islam is a religion
edit on 11-12-2015 by Tendencies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tendencies

silly me for wanting some Public Figures who at least stand for something good. Allbeit nobody is perfect but I was giving examples of people who, overall, had a positive influence and positive message for the people.

Laugh at my post all you want, it's that type of negativity and behavior that is keeping people so separated and hating each other

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
All muslims are terrorists. It's an undeniable fact and I'll explain.

The Koran explicitly tells Muslims to go and kill the non believers. I'm not going to get into semantics here about who should be killed and who should be given the choice to convert to Islam. There's enough verses that simply state Kill, Kill, Kill and the main purpose of Islam is to convert everyone or kill them trying with the goal being Dar-al-Islam; the land of Islam. Any country that is not under Muslim control is Dar-al-Harb; the land of war and it is every Muslims duty to bring that land under Muslim control either by request or by forced conversion. As history has shown, very few nations, creeds or tribes converted willingly. For this reason Islam was almost always spread by the sword.

As far as ISIS and other nutbag terrorists are concerned they are following the word of God spoken through Mohammed which was to do as was instructed. You couldn't pick and choose which parts of the Koran or later the Hadith that you wanted. The entirety of the preaching of Mohammed had to be adhered to and the crazies of the world believe that this is what they are doing.

To these terrorists the people classed as Muslims who go about their daily lives like normal people and cause no mayhem are not true Muslims in the sense that Islam was to be adhered to as preached by Mohammed. This is probably why groups like ISIS and Al-Caeda kill more "Muslims" than any other "religion".

There may be people who claim to be moderate Muslims but this is a contradiction because there is no moderate Islam. It's all or nothing, Mohammad was very clear about this. By it's very doctrine Islam is a totalitarian political ideology which also has a little bit of religion (maybe also some pseudo religion) thrown in for good measure.

By the very nature of a huge amount of it's origins and preaching Islam is a form of terrorism; ergo.....Muslims are Terrorists.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FidFed
In perspective: I gave you a bowl of 1,000 smaties (M&M's) and told you that 5%
of them is deadly poisonous, one bite and that's it.. Would you eat the candies?
Hell No.. !
Then why should the majority of us just stand by and allow more candies
to arrive daily? say nothing and accept whats happening.

Is that the logic? Really? uhh..OK, I'll play...Let's say that 5% of gun owners end up either intentionally or unintentionally shooting themselves or innocent people..

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ghandi did very little that was good. He championed Indian independence but he was a hate filled man who fully admitted being racists. Mother Theresa was no better. She took millions in donations but none of it was ever used to alleviate the suffering of the poor. The horrible sadist actually believed that these unfortunate people had to suffer as much as possible as it was the only way to god. These are facts, do some research and you will see.

I do agree however that the mainstream media BS that was put forward about these two being great people while hiding everything that was bad about them did give an impression of them being amazing.

Even Saddam and Gadaffi stood for some "good" things but who's going to put them down in history as anything other than vile dictators.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The gun advocates love to talk about the 2nd amendment like it is from God himself and how the constitution is all powerful ...etc but when someone uses their 1st amendment right to try and start a reasonable conversation about the 2nd, they go bananas.

Then the constitution becomes their enemy and want those who call for reasonable actions in regards to gun massacres to keep quiet and then go against that paper and tell the world...your voice does not matter, you should be jailed for treason...etc.

Apparently the constitution only matters when it comes them and guns...but for other Americans who voice their opinions about the need for better gun control...it doesn't.

Hypocrisy is strong in these people...

edit on 11-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

but like, how many times do we have to point out that the aim is to prevent radical Muslims from entering our country. They must not exist anymore!

Of course we are on the same page...EVERYONE wants to "prevent Radical Muslims from entering our country"

Trump knows this...that is why he appealed to baser emotions via fear mongering and called for a ban on ALL Muslims.

A ban on ALL Muslims entering the country will effectively do nothing to make us more secure.

But it will achieve a goal for ISIS. Just as they smash and obliterate ancient temples and works ...they aim to destroy the principles that define us as a country. Trump has offered up our principle of religious freedom to the terrorists....and mark my words, it does not stop there.
he suggested a TEMPORARY ban on Muslim immigration to allow time to sort out a better screening process why do you people keep spinning it?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

he suggested a TEMPORARY ban on Muslim immigration to allow time to sort out a better screening process why do you people keep spinning it?

How long is irrelevant. The Japanese "interment camps" in the USA were a "temporary" measure and no less shameful a chapter in our history for not being permanent.

Stupid, hateful and intolerant policy is almost always temporary..because it is fevered ignorance that is always reconciled by time and reason.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Why not, one nice story obviously outweights all the negative ones duh.

Just like I can prove that one nut with a gun means all the millions of gun owners that never break a law should be stripped of their rights.

Right guys?

Right?

Oh I guess that logic falasy only works with guns, not muslims....NVM.

You're comparing people to mindless killing machines, it's not the..

Oh, you sly dog
I get it now.

And you should too, after inadvertently making this hilarious comparison.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join