It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Oh man..Love this story..Because "We" know that ISIS would absolutely hate this thread.

S&F

-Oh and also this "attitude" is bigger than Trump.
Trumpers should be warned that their "trumping" could be viewed by some as "off topic".

edit on 12-12-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It doesn't say any such thing, but could you point out the part of OUR constitution that says we HAVE to except everyone even the suspected terrorist mixed in the with refugees?
What exactly is wrong with Mr Trumps plan of temporarily putting the brakes on emigration until we can get a better test to weed out the ones that mean the American people harm?

The 1st Amendment says that we can't single out any religion for any reason. That's why.

Thanks Lefties, for reminding us of how important the 1st Amendment is. It still didn't stop you guys from crucifying Kim Davis.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It doesn't say any such thing, but could you point out the part of OUR constitution that says we HAVE to except everyone even the suspected terrorist mixed in the with refugees?
What exactly is wrong with Mr Trumps plan of temporarily putting the brakes on emigration until we can get a better test to weed out the ones that mean the American people harm?

The 1st Amendment says that we can't single out any religion for any reason. That's why.

Thanks Lefties, for reminding us of how important the 1st Amendment is. It still didn't stop you guys from crucifying Kim Davis.

Kim Davis screwed herself by refusing to do the job that she'd been elected to do and disobeying the law.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
But the 1st Amendment is the law

It says so right in the US Constitution, and was so important, they made it first.

edit on 12-12-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It says so right in the US Constitution, and was so important, they made it first.

You have failed to get the point. Once again - she had every right to say 'I disagree with this', she even had every right to recuse herself, but she had NO right to tell her office to refuse to marry gay people. No right at all. She broke the law, as a judge pointed out. And given the fact that she seems to have been put up to the whole thing by a deluded nutcase from her church and the last shreds of any sympathy you might have for her should go straight out the window.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Um dude, the 1st Amendment is in the US Constitution.

Are you now claiming it only applies to certain groups of people but should be denied to others?

because that really sounds like what you are saying. Government employees have Constitutional rights just like the rest of us.

(She also won on appeal, in case you have not been paying attention, because the judge eventually had to concede she had a Constitutional right).

Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me. I won't tell anyone that you want 1st Amendment rights for everyone except Christians.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Are you now claiming it only applies to certain groups of people but should be denied to others?

because that really sounds like what you are saying. Government employees have Constitutional rights just like the rest of us.

(She also won on appeal, in case you have not been paying attention, because the judge eventually had to concede she had a Constitutional right).

Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me. I won't tell anyone that you want 1st Amendment rights for everyone except Christians.

Ah, I do love it when people see an agenda where there is none. By the way, you are stone dead wrong. Again. Davis has lost every single appeal - here, read this.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes...And Kim Davis can go ahead and keep saying whatever she likes...She still has to do her job. Go tell your boss to go eff himself and then sue under the 1st amendment when your are fired.

It's like people are incapable of even basic logic these days.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm not critical of Muslims, I am however critical of Islam (and also of Christianity) and you might be asking yourselves why that is and my reasoning is fairly simple.

Islam is a political movement disguised as a religion.

I know that most moderate Muslims in America have been influenced by western values more than they have been influenced by Islamic ones, so they may pray 5 times a day and fast during Ramadan, but their knowledge of Islam doesn't get much deeper than that.

They've read very little of what's in their sources and know very little about it in general so those Muslims are not a threat to anybody, by and large.

So when these Muslims tell us that Islam is a religion of peace they aren't practicing "Taqiyya", they sincerely believe that. Westernized Muslims are not a source of Islamic doctrine, Islamic doctrine is grounded in the Qur'an, Hadith and the Sunnah of Mohammed.

Those sources are perfectly clear when it comes to Jihad and with whom they are at war with and it's those Muslims that follow that Islam who is the danger to everyone who doesn't believe the same as them, be it Americans, moderate Muslims, Christians, Atheists, you name it.

The refugee crisis is being used as a trojan horse by ISIS, that's a fact and this has to be addressed and cannot be ignored.

So, rather than simply point in outrage at Trump’s crude prescription, responsible policymakers should offer a grown-up alternative.
edit on 12-12-2015 by coevals because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2015 by coevals because: clarification

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
He has certainly earned his opinion. But I believe forgiveness is always the result of misfortune. Id rather things not get that far.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Ah, I do love it when people see an agenda where there is none. By the way, you are stone dead wrong. Again. Davis has lost every single appeal - here, read this.

Correct me if I am wrong (lol) but is Kim Davis still in jail, and if she is not, is her name on any marriage licenses in Rowan County?

Has she been fired?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Yes...And Kim Davis can go ahead and keep saying whatever she likes...She still has to do her job. Go tell your boss to go eff himself and then sue under the 1st amendment when your are fired.

Is this what Kim Davis did?

Nope ... it is not. You want Kim Davis to condone something her religion prohibits. So please, stop pretending you really care about the 1st Amendment. Save us all the trouble.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Nope ... it is not. You want Kim Davis to condone something her religion prohibits. So please, stop pretending you really care about the 1st Amendment. Save us all the trouble.

You seem to be fond of this hypocritical and cruel woman who is being encouraged by members of her church to take a harsh stance on something that's legal and who in the process ruined other people's lives, when she refused to issue any marriage licences at all as well as telling her employees to do the same. Sorry, but that's not a statement of principal, that's her refusing to do her job and breaking the law. She went to prison, by the way, for contempt of court, not for her 'stand'.
She has subsequently taken her name and title off the marriage licences that are now being issued (she failed - gay couples are (horrors!) getting married in her county, under her very nose) and every time she has appealed against the court case she has lost. She keeps appealing and she keeps losing. So she's either supremely stubborn & stupid, or she is being bankrolled by people who want to use her as a test case, in which case she's too stupid to realise that she's being used.
In any case, she's in a world of legal trouble that she can't seem to get out of, because she doesn't want to.
And by the way, she can object all she wants, that's her right. But when she fails to do her job or orders others to obey her orders in this, then she's failing to do that job - and also breaking the law.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Its great to see a story like this where Muslims get a good press, most people tend to forget there's countless nice, genuine, decent and integrated Muslims in our countries who get so much stick because of the Radicals.

My only wish is that those decent Muslims would show a lot more outrage at the Radicals, you guys don't believe these radicals are serving the same religion as you so make some noise about them.

Me, I'm just a good old atheist looking for a peaceful life...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

You seem to be fond of this hypocritical and cruel woman who is being encouraged by members of her church to take a harsh stance on something that's legal and who in the process ruined other people's lives, when she refused to issue any marriage licences at all as well as telling her employees to do the same. Sorry, but that's not a statement of principal, that's her refusing to do her job and breaking the law. She went to prison, by the way, for contempt of court, not for her 'stand'.
She has subsequently taken her name and title off the marriage licences that are now being issued (she failed - gay couples are (horrors!) getting married in her county, under her very nose) and every time she has appealed against the court case she has lost. She keeps appealing and she keeps losing. So she's either supremely stubborn & stupid, or she is being bankrolled by people who want to use her as a test case, in which case she's too stupid to realise that she's being used.
In any case, she's in a world of legal trouble that she can't seem to get out of, because she doesn't want to.
And by the way, she can object all she wants, that's her right. But when she fails to do her job or orders others to obey her orders in this, then she's failing to do that job - and also breaking the law.

I will ignore all of the ad hominems ... does Kim Davis have a 1st Amendment right to practice her religion freely, or does she not have those rights at all?

A USDA inspector can be waived from handling pork products due to a sincerely held religious belief. That is a 1st Amendment right that a Government employee has ... so - all things being "equal" - doesn't everyone have a 1st Amendment right?

Or, are you picking and choosing who has those rights, and who does not have those rights?

Those are very straight forward questions.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I will ignore all of the ad hominems ... does Kim Davis have a 1st Amendment right to practice her religion freely, or does she not have those rights at all?

A USDA inspector can be waived from handling pork products due to a sincerely held religious belief. That is a 1st Amendment right that a Government employee has ... so - all things being "equal" - doesn't everyone have a 1st Amendment right?

Or, are you picking and choosing who has those rights, and who does not have those rights?

Those are very straight forward questions.

I grow tired of repeating myself. Yes, she has her first amendments rights. No-one has said anything about taking those away. If she wants to protest gay marriage rights she can go ahead and do so until she's blue in the face. However, she did not ask to be waived from dealing with gay marriages, she did not ask to be excused based on her first amendment rights, she instead refused to issue licences for gay couples to get married and then told her employees to do the same thing. When that was protested in court she refused to issue any marriage licences at all, even to opposite sex couples. In doing so she crossed the line and broke the law. This is not a question of her rights, those rights still exist. This is a matter of her breaking the law.
The being a cruel idiot part is an incidental part of it.
Now, what part of the above do you fail to understand?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Indigo5

but like, how many times do we have to point out that the aim is to prevent radical Muslims from entering our country. They must not exist anymore!

That is not what Trump called for...

Of course we are on the same page...EVERYONE wants to "prevent Radical Muslims from entering our country"

Trump knows this...that is why he appealed to baser emotions via fear mongering and called for a ban on ALL Muslims.

A ban on ALL Muslims entering the country will effectively do nothing to make us more secure.

But it will achieve a goal for ISIS. Just as they smash and obliterate ancient temples and works ...they aim to destroy the principles that define us as a country. Trump has offered up our principle of religious freedom to the terrorists....and mark my words, it does not stop there.
he suggested a TEMPORARY ban on Muslim immigration to allow time to sort out a better screening process why do you people keep spinning it?

How long is irrelevant. The Japanese "interment camps" in the USA were a "temporary" measure and no less shameful a chapter in our history for not being permanent.

Stupid, hateful and intolerant policy is almost always temporary..because it is fevered ignorance that is always reconciled by time and reason.
I hate ALL terrorists SO that makes me a bigot right? And if I also disliked ALL Devil worshipers that would also qualify me as a bigot.

But it's okay to hate a certain group as long as everyone else is doing it right? You're not considered a bigot then......people..

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThorsBrother
I served in the same battalion as Chris at the time he lost his leg and can say you have never met someone so positive and upbeat before and after the incident happened. I no longer have contact with him except for facebook but he lives his life like nothing happened. His views are shared by me also, you would be surprised by the amount of military people who also share this view.... Its great how many people have seen this post and he hasnt kept it to himself

Bump for amazing and interesting post. Thanks for your service and hats off to you to coming out of war with such a positive outlook on life, that's true courage and strength right there. Great to see there are people in the forces with good hearts and minds as they get a bad press in my eyes (even as a pacifist who campaigned against Iraq/Afghanistan).

That's a true gentleman right there.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Indigo5

but like, how many times do we have to point out that the aim is to prevent radical Muslims from entering our country. They must not exist anymore!

That is not what Trump called for...

Of course we are on the same page...EVERYONE wants to "prevent Radical Muslims from entering our country"

Trump knows this...that is why he appealed to baser emotions via fear mongering and called for a ban on ALL Muslims.

A ban on ALL Muslims entering the country will effectively do nothing to make us more secure.

But it will achieve a goal for ISIS. Just as they smash and obliterate ancient temples and works ...they aim to destroy the principles that define us as a country. Trump has offered up our principle of religious freedom to the terrorists....and mark my words, it does not stop there.
he suggested a TEMPORARY ban on Muslim immigration to allow time to sort out a better screening process why do you people keep spinning it?

How long is irrelevant. The Japanese "interment camps" in the USA were a "temporary" measure and no less shameful a chapter in our history for not being permanent.

Stupid, hateful and intolerant policy is almost always temporary..because it is fevered ignorance that is always reconciled by time and reason.
I hate ALL terrorists SO that makes me a bigot right? And if I also disliked ALL Devil worshipers that would also qualify me as a bigot.

Hating a terrorist or a criminal etc. does not make you a bigot.

Hating Christians, Muslims etc. does.

Strange how many people don't know the definition of bigotry...

A head scratcher...Maybe vocabulary isn't being taught in school like it used to?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

A head scratcher...Maybe vocabulary isn't being taught in school like it used to?

Not so sure, remember some data that shows that more lost in intolerance is older generation....

just saying...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join