It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about atheists.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: LittleByLittle
That is the problem. In our current state, God knows us more closely than we know him, so trusting him is more of a step into the unknown.

Talking about stepping into the unknown. I had a chat with one of the people I live with recently where I said everytime you do gods will is always like stepping into the unknown. The trust, this is hard for me, the trust we have things will be alright because god does not test with evil things makes us proceed with hope.

People don't know what people can fall victim to, and then to be accused of victimmentality while you're in a deep mess you don't have control over really doesn't improve the situation to say the least. I like the comparison (what is his name again) made about the scab some posts ago. I'm one where they've kept the wound bleeding. The game they play of giving hope to cure and denying it time after time is exhausting and drives anybody insane. It should've been a natural law anyone only even thinking of doing such harm had to die instantly.

God knows what goes on in peoples hearts, and so do I.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Ladybug201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201
You did rather come into this thread with all guns blazing, which provoked a reaction.
I tend to focus more on a positive presentation of the faith, with the result that I don't get flamed half so much.
The secret is good preparation.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Or, maybe the OP is just having a bit of fun at our expense

:-)

Ladybug?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Or, maybe the OP is just having a bit of fun at our expense

Ladybug?

It was definetly a wild ride so far.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The trust, this is hard for me, the trust we have things will be alright because god does not test with evil things makes us proceed with hope.

how did that work out for the jews? or for the victims of 9/11? or for those scarred by any needless tragedy. the thing i keep noticing, and noticing others noticing, is that whenever things go according to plan, its thanks to (insert holy figure here) but when things go horribly wrong its "(ditto) works in mysterious ways" and "all part of the grand design". giveth and taketh away, thats the popular idiom. the ambiguity of that kind of character is literally a roll of the dice. for someone who decries gambling, thats pretty funny.

heres a video to illustrate.

edit on 12-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It was definetly a wild ride so far.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Truth hurts and lies comfort or is it the other way around?

Truth heals. I hate those lying by telling the truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Atheism is a lack of a belief in a deity(s) that's it. There are atheists whom believe in aliens,souls,dragons,and other esoteric ideas. One thing you are erroneously equating is that atheism and those who claim to be atheists are still part of a religion. There are those who participate in secular community groups that are similar in function as a religious gathering not every atheist attends these groups.

There are those disbelievers, mostly those claiming to be "atheist" who desperately cling to science to create the illusion of superiority. Superior in knowledge.

IF you choose to willfully ignore that knowledge because of a deity than yes those who have access to that knowledge are superior to you. Much like someone who exercises daily is more fit than those who choose not to.

Also if you have the right to indoctrinate kids into your cult I have the right to poke holes and make fun of your fairy tales. If you don't like the criticism don't share your ideas so openly.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
All I can say is that science is a valuable resource that should be used to help guide us. If you think that is heresy, this is where religion is a problem. During the Dark Ages, scientific advancement was forbidden and the Catholic Church has a history of executing people whose scientific theories later turned out to be correct. Let's not have that happen again.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201after wasting my time reading all 9 pages of this trash i wanted to tell you thank you, you and people like you are the reason i hate god and the church

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
a reply to: Ladybug201after wasting my time reading all 9 pages of this trash i wanted to tell you thank you, you and people like you are the reason i hate god and the church

hating god is a waste of time. focus your energies on being kind to your fellow citizens and remembering what you have to be thankful for, before both are gone.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

You would definetly like trashmetal then. I don't mind the blameshifting malevolent, I pitty ignorance.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
All I can conclude from this is the hypnosis still runs deep in some, or should I say, those trying to maintain the hypnotised state of others are really digging deep to attain the desired goal.

The experience goes on.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I agree with your post.

I wish all scientist also used the scientific principle to seeking the truth/understanding wherever it leads even if it seem impossible due to limitations of imagination.

So many scientist are stuck in their own dogma that they cannot give up. Materialism for example ignoring quantum physics effects since they are to weird for them to handle (Like Richard Dawkins). With materialism telepathy is impossible. With quantum fields it becomes a question of probability fields reaching the needed synchronicity/entanglement to manifest in the physical form.
edit on 12-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
My main complaint about atheists is, that they are a non prophet organization.

Oh NO they are not
Atheists turn a huge profit.
Go read he stats

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
All I can say is that science is a valuable resource that should be used to help guide us. If you think that is heresy, this is where religion is a problem. During the Dark Ages, scientific advancement was forbidden and the Catholic Church has a history of executing people whose scientific theories later turned out to be correct. Let's not have that happen again.

After the Protestant church moved away from the Catholic Church there was an era of enlightenment, education, social reforms, tHe true beginning of the scientific era

Hey ladybug, I think the way you speak to people is a little rude and condescending, you should be a little more gentle
Atheists have feelings as well

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
"My main complaint about atheists is, that they are a non prophet organization".
Oh NO they are not
Atheists turn a huge profit.
Go read he stats

Did you fail to spot the corny old pun in that other post?
edit on 12-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

LOL!!! I got it. Very funny.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join