It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about atheists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
First of all, I don't believe there are people who don't believe in the existence of god. I believe they lie when they say they don't believe god exists. The thing here is they just might not worship him. Big difference.

Second. They use the bible to mock believers. I've seen it before. They claim the bible is full or error yet use it to claim our faith is wrong.

Disbelievers aren't disbelievers when they don't mock the ones with faith. Since a disbeliever has no faith, how would he/she know anything about it? The bible maybe, if what's written in the bible is true ofcourse.

There are those disbelievers, mostly those claiming to be "atheist" who desperatly cling to science to create the illusion of superiority. Superior in knowledge. They strongly defend what science comes up with to the teeth sometimes without even knowing what they are fed is actually true. How many times hasn't science changed it views on things, yet they continue clinging to every new thing science comes up with as it being the truth.

These atheists also claim religious people/people of faith are stupid. My conviction is mockers are stupid.

Atheism, for as far as it is real.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201

First of all, I don't believe... I believe ...

Whatever floats your boat...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The all knowing atheist is holier than Thou.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

First of all, I don't believe... I believe ...

Whatever floats your boat...

edit on 12-11-2015 by Ladybug201 because: adding moebius' reason

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well I don't believe there are people who don't believe there are people who don't believe in the existence of god. (can you see where this going?)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What about all those buhddists out there who don't believe in God? Are they all lying?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So..... Anyone who disagrees with your opinion is lying.

I love soulfly btw.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Because the "many times .. science changed it views on things," as you called it, is advancement.
This can be experienced, if knowledge has its roots in more knowledge. Not in myths or legends, but by adding more knowledge to the existing heap of knowledge. If new knowledge contradicts existing knowledge, the older knowledge must be encountered with a questioning mind.

Which seems to be missing in religion.

Critiscm in religion leads to heretical thoughts and therefore must be forbidden.

Could you (or anyone) tell me about any added knowledge about the bible and its teachings over the 2,000 years of its existence? Is there anything which provides the idea that insight into gods texts can advance? I am not talking about translations or newer versions of the bible (Yay, comic-version!).
I am talking about "we thought a thousand years ago that this psalm meant X, but according to (external studies) it is now the consensus that this psalm actually talked about Y."

Is there such a thing as advancement in knowledge in theological studies?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Ask yourself - why am I concerned what other people think about me and my beliefs, whether they be religious beliefs, political beliefs, social beliefs or other?

Seek knowledge whilst you live, both philosophical and scientific, because the only truth in this life is that everyones biological body is destined to stop working (die). No-one on the planet has the answer about what happens thereafter to that which is considered the energy / soul which has resided in the biological body and kept it going for so many years. Some say we become nothing but worm food, others say the energy / soul reincarnates back to earth and still others say the energy / soul goes to Heaven / Valhalla / paradise.

Enter faith.

These atheists also claim religious people/people of faith are stupid. My conviction is mockers are stupid
"Stupid" is a bit harsh - try "bad luck when it comes to thinking"

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What about all those buhddists out there who don't believe in God? Are they all lying?

Obviously darn liars the lot of them. I mean would you buy a used car from the Dalai Lama?
Alternatively the OP really means people who don't believe in the exact same sky fairy and creation myth they do must all be lying, because you know the bible told them so!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
I say religious people are equal in intelligence but retarded with conclusions. I think it best sums it up in 1 sentence.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ladybug201
First of all, I don't believe there are people who don't believe in the existence of god. I believe they lie when they say they don't believe god exists.

I'm a Christian now, but I've been an atheist in the past.
I can promise you that there really are people who have an absence of belief in God.
Trust me, telling them they are not atheists is not the way to convince them.

Second. They use the bible to mock believers. I've seen it before. They claim the bible is full or error yet use it to claim our faith is wrong.

Yes, there is a certain irony in the fact that antitheists often take the Bible even more literally than any fundamentalist, for the sake of finding flaws there.
"Christians are evil, because they want adulterers to be stoned."
"But we don't want adulterers to be stoned".
"But you must. It is your duty, as a Christian, to want adulterers to be stoned, so that I can criticise you for it".
I've had a version of this conversation on another thread.

There are those disbelievers, mostly those claiming to be "atheist" who desperatly cling to science to create the illusion of superiority.

There doesn't have to be a conflict between faith and science. Faith tells us that God made the world, but science can shed light on how he did it.

These atheists also claim religious people/people of faith are stupid. My conviction is mockers are stupid.

Of course they will, but we must learn to let it pass like water off a duck's back.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
U started off with an innocent introduction yesterday now the agenda is coming through.

How could you possibly say everyone is living a lie?
I don't believe in your god. There is nothing of any substance to say he exists other than fear. I was raised a Catholic. Thankful for the morals (which I would have gained regardless) but not for the blinkers it forces upon thee.

It's a shame a human being would post such ignorance.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This OP sounds like you are excercizing your persecution complex. When people disagree with you and your opinion you take it as an attack. When people point out logical fallacies in the bible, you take it as a personal attack. Instead of trying to understand what they are pointing out, you shut down and go on the defensive. You can't accept that there are people who can see through the malarky so you justify by demonizing them and claiming they are just lying about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My main complaint about atheists is, that they are a non prophet organization.

edit on 12-11-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

They seem to believe in demons.

Demons, crept up from the hell realms and out of the imagination, represent everything a Buddhist wishes to transcend.You see them clustered in the background of exquisite painted thangkas from Tibet and Nepal, vivid and ominous looming in the murals of long abandoned caves in the Himalayas and along the Silk Road, popping up in the sutras and the most well-known and beloved stories of Gautama Buddha's life.

Link to site claiming buddhists believe in demons.

edit on 12-11-2015 by Ladybug201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I ordered their album Primitive yesterday. I'll probably have it by mondays.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I sure love it when other people tell me what I do and don't believe. Nothing like reading pure arrogance to get my morning started...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You have kinda proved the atheists right with this thread...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Can everybody feel their ascension to the fifth dimension?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join