It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about atheists.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
OP, your title is: "Complaints about Atheists"

Are you complaining about me?
I was having a nice, normal day not thinking about the following: Santa, Easter Bunny, god. I also didn't think about allah or formula 1 or Eddie Brickell and the young Bohemians. I don't usually think about things that don't interest me. I am sure you can agree about the allah thing.
I am sure you don't believe in allah?
Why should you think about something you really don't believe in?
Now imagine I call you an a-muslimist. Because that's what you are by your logic. Also by your logic, I tell you that you actually DO believe in allah but you are lying to us about that. Find it offensive?

Yeah, me too.

And now a hint from a person who is just a person that can't care less about any gods:
If you are really a christian, you should read up on how nice and forgiving jesus was. If he read your post, he'd be very embarrassed that his teachings have failed so miserably with some...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

There's a bounty of low hanging fruit in this thread

So many people think just like our OP - and they are making it harder and harder for all of us to have an actual civilization

In different threads, with different people - we all can have an genuine conversation. This fills me with hope

This thread is not one of those

:-)
edit on 11/12/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

And now a hint from a person who is just a person that can't care less about any gods:

Yet you associate your physical representation with "666?" Just curious.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201

You wonder why it is mocked when they have followers who make stuff like this op?.
Deserves to be mocked btw.
Oh and im not an atheist.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ladybug201
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Those are your words heretic.

Nope. They're YOURS:

There are those disbelievers, mostly those claiming to be "atheist" who desperatly cling to science to create the illusion of superiority.

I love the persecution. It fills my heart with joy. Reap what you sow.

Wait... YOU start a thread persecuting atheists and when they disagree and stand up for themselves, YOU'RE being persecuted??? That's so typical! I am totally not surprised!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So op you joined up this week to make this thread? I can't wait to read what other pearls of wisdom, you will be choosing to share with us.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I wonder wgat his last user name was...all too familiar this crap thread is.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: flammadraco

Stop enabling the nincompoop!

I have no agenda. I have few teeth left from defending the downtrodden and I'd defend you too.. That "nincompoop," is me.

I'm sure you're not a "Nincompoop" and I commend you for helping the downtrodden, but would it not be better to defend those more deserving than someone who creates a "Click Bate" thread to rile up other ATS members?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I guess that's what gets me. You can't go anywhere and have a good discussion about anything faith related without some atheist troll spewing vitriol everywhere.

I don't have anything against atheists/agnostics. I don't bother them with my faith, so I would like the same in return. If they ask me something and are truly seeking, then I'll answer them best can. However, if they're just trying to make me explain a discrepancy in order to corner me and tell me my religion is full of #, then I just ignore them.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Not putting myself under any category here, but if I had to choose, I would rather be an honest atheist than a dishonest theist.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: redshift20
I guess that's what gets me. You can't go anywhere and have a good discussion about anything faith related without some atheist troll spewing vitriol everywhere.

Are you serious? Do you consider a thread titled "Complaints about atheists", that proceeds to tell us what we believe, how we think and what we do, to be a "discussion about something faith-related"? This isn't a religious thread, it's a hate thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: redshift20

You can there are thouaands of sites you can go and talk crap and everyone agree with you, many religious sites out there.
Ah what's the matter Ats not like this?.
Oh well never mind how sad.
edit on 12-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

One paragraph into the OP... Troll.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I wasn't condoning the OP's original intention. I was only agreeing with 1 post within this thread.. which is that Atheists intentions are hardly ever innocent. You're right, this is a hate thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

nincompoop

That made me laugh out loud.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

In any case, you've met some of us right here; and furthermore, many of us know WAY more about religion / belief / faith and holy texts than you "believers".

Do you claim yourself to be a believer? Otherwise I clearly doubt you would know anything about faith.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Hardly, dude. I've been to thousands of websites, and there's always people trolling them just trying to start crap. Usually the mods do a pretty good job filtering them out though. I don't go to atheist website to "recruit", so I expect the same respect.

I don't care whether or not ATS is like that or not.. that's not the type of discussion I joined here for.

It is sad.. that you misunderstood. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I like Chewie.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think I know who the OP usually is.

Bored are we?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: redshift20

I don't have anything against atheists/agnostics. I don't bother them with my faith, so I would like the same in return. If they ask me something and are truly seeking, then I'll answer them best can. However, if they're just trying to make me explain a discrepancy in order to corner me and tell me my religion is full of #, then I just ignore them.

THIS ^^^^^^^. They make us hate them (hate, something an atheist clearly doesn't know) and then come back telling us we shouldn't be hating. It's like hitting someone with a shovle and telling him to feel no pain. But ofcourse, such thing is all nothing in the mind of an atheist.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Ladybug201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well it's rude to rip on someone's faith whether you believe in it or not. Faith is something that is deeply held for a lot of people, and when someone insults it, it tends to hit harder than normal.

I don't rip on ANYONE'S faith (or lack of).. no matter what it is. I'm a live and let live type of person, but I understand that not everyone is that way.
edit on 12-11-2015 by redshift20 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join