It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about atheists.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redshift20

which is that Atheists intentions are hardly ever innocent.

What intentions are those? What are they guilty of?

Sharing opposing views?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Right & left in big blue letters "Deny Ignorance", we read it, see it every time we log on.
Our adopted slogan, our meme & dare I say our mission while partaking of this site as members.

Now I don't wish to make an ass of my self but I'll assume that when most read that slogan they interpret that to say or mean to...(refuse to believe or reject).

However there are other ways to "Deny Ignorance" you could...refuse to recognize or acknowledge, or you could...abstain from indulging oneself in.

Such as this thread, so obviously intended to be ignorant from the get go, so why engage & encourage.
& yes I know you "just like having discussions " but at some point, What's the point!
K~

edit on 12-11-2015 by aethertek because: Structure

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I'm sure you're not a "Nincompoop" and I commend you for helping the downtrodden, but would it not be better to defend those more deserving than someone who creates a "Click Bate" thread to rile up other ATS members?

To me, I see no "more deserving," I consider everyone to be the same as me, no better, no worse.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

If forces deliberately impede or stifle progression, growth, and evolution, all which are synonymous with learning, then the offending parties to the principle objective need to be removed from the equation.

Until someone comes around and singles YOU out for removal, huh? Who are you to decide who should be removed and for what reason? Seriously? Who's the "offending parties to the principle objective?" Who's objective anyways, yours or her's? We all have our own objectives that are separate from anyone else's, as well as our own perspective. Dig real, real deep within yourself and you'll see that you're simply arguing with yourself. That's when you'll stop doing that, just like I'm about to do right now. Peace.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201

i feel i should just put this in simple terms anything more might be more than your tiny self deluded mind can deal with. i am a luciferian and i'm a practitioner of the lhp, in the same arrogance you contrived in this pos thread i wish to say your wrong my god is far better than yours

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

i feel i should just put this in simple terms anything more might be more than your tiny self deluded mind can deal with. i am a luciferian and i'm a practitioner of the lhp, in the same arrogance you contrived in this pos thread i wish to say your wrong my god is far better than yours
you do of course realize that left is just the other end of right. they have a complementary partnership, not a hierarchy.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ladybug201
First of all, I don't believe there are people who don't believe in the existence of god. I believe they lie when they say they don't believe god exists. The thing here is they just might not worship him. Big difference.

I assure you that I am 100% certain God (or gods) don't exist. There is no lying to myself going on. In fact one of the reasons I became an atheist was because I didn't want to lie to myself about the existence of God. A point came where I knew I couldn't believe it was true (in my case Christianity).

Second. They use the bible to mock believers. I've seen it before. They claim the bible is full or error yet use it to claim our faith is wrong.

Won't deny that people are mocked (on all sides). However, that is besides the point. The Bible is full of errors, among other interesting things, that tell me the believer's faith is wrong.

Disbelievers aren't disbelievers when they don't mock the ones with faith. Since a disbeliever has no faith, how would he/she know anything about it? The bible maybe, if what's written in the bible is true ofcourse.

Again, I won't deny people are mocked on all sides. I've also noticed some believers feel mocked if their faith is even question critically. Nobody has to actually be mocking them, for them to feel mocked. So ho much mocking is really going on? Many non religious people were formerly religious. That's why we know a thing or two about it.

There are those disbelievers, mostly those claiming to be "atheist" who desperatly cling to science to create the illusion of superiority. Superior in knowledge. They strongly defend what science comes up with to the teeth sometimes without even knowing what they are fed is actually true. How many times hasn't science changed it views on things, yet they continue clinging to every new thing science comes up with as it being the truth.

I'm sure this has been addressed by now, in previous posts.

These atheists also claim religious people/people of faith are stupid. My conviction is mockers are stupid.

Some just have too much faith.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Such as this thread, so obviously intended to be ignorant from the get go, so why engage & encourage.

We engage because we can - and because we have a dragon to chase

Also - we're all suckers

:-)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Also - we're all suckers

oh my, theres a deliciously ironic metaphor for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

you do of course realize that left is just the other end of right. they have a complementary partnership, not a hierarchy.
i know this however some can't get a grasp on it like the story of zurvan and the births of Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu. in opposition but unwillingly complements to the other

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

i know this however some can't get a grasp on it like the story of zurvan and the births of Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu. in opposition but unwillingly complements to the other

i dont know about unwillingly, but yeah.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

willing or not we all follow a path some can't turn back from though they go different ways

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Also - we're all suckers

lmao chasing the dragon

oh my, theres a deliciously ironic metaphor for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

First of all, I don't believe there are people who don't believe in the existence of god. I believe they lie when they say they don't believe god exists.

Gotta agree...

I suspect that deep down inside all of us KNOW whats real and God has revealed Himself to everyone.

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

As to those who live in tribes without God’s Word, God has revealed Himself in the hearts of all men. Through general revelation, man can sense God’s existence and see His power. www.tillhecomes.org...

In Romans 1:18-20, Paul was declaring that God has revealed Himself to all mankind. Old Testament scriptures proclaim that God has revealed Himself to everyone through nature (Ps. 19:1-3), but Paul was stating here that there is an intuitive revelation of God within every person.

There are five words used in these three verses to describe the extent to which God has revealed Himself to mankind, and they are worth special note. Any one of these five words used by itself would have made a strong argument for Paul's case. However, the combination of these words in just two sentences emphasizes the certainty of Paul's claims.

The use of the word "all" in Romans 1:18 shows the extent to which God has revealed Himself. God has placed a witness within every person against all ungodliness and unrighteousness.

Therefore, no one will be able to stand before God on the Day of Judgment and say, "God is not fair." He has given all people who have ever lived, regardless of how remote or isolated they may have been, the opportunity to know Him. They are without excuse.

www.awmi.net...

God has revealed Himself to everyone; no one is inexcusable when they say they don’t believe in Him. Second, that by rejecting Him, they turn to the worship of created things rather than Creator. This is not just true of ancient forms of paganism, but equally is true of modern atheism (consider atheist Lawrence Krauss's statement, “Forget Jesus, the stars died for you”) and is certainly true for the autonomous, humanistic thinker such as Buddha and those who follow him. They worship man in general by exalting Mankind as the judge of everything else or may even worship the Buddha. So yes, it is possible to adhere to a godless religion – in fact, it is impossible not to be religious regardless of one’s professed beliefs.

www.apricotpie.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

First of all, I don't believe there are people who don't believe in the existence of god. I believe they lie when they say they don't believe god exists.

Gotta agree...

I suspect that deep down inside all of us KNOW whats real and God has revealed Himself to everyone.

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

As to those who live in tribes without God’s Word, God has revealed Himself in the hearts of all men. Through general revelation, man can sense God’s existence and see His power. www.tillhecomes.org...

In Romans 1:18-20, Paul was declaring that God has revealed Himself to all mankind. Old Testament scriptures proclaim that God has revealed Himself to everyone through nature (Ps. 19:1-3), but Paul was stating here that there is an intuitive revelation of God within every person.

There are five words used in these three verses to describe the extent to which God has revealed Himself to mankind, and they are worth special note. Any one of these five words used by itself would have made a strong argument for Paul's case. However, the combination of these words in just two sentences emphasizes the certainty of Paul's claims.

The use of the word "all" in Romans 1:18 shows the extent to which God has revealed Himself. God has placed a witness within every person against all ungodliness and unrighteousness.

Therefore, no one will be able to stand before God on the Day of Judgment and say, "God is not fair." He has given all people who have ever lived, regardless of how remote or isolated they may have been, the opportunity to know Him. They are without excuse.

www.awmi.net...

God has revealed Himself to everyone; no one is inexcusable when they say they don’t believe in Him. Second, that by rejecting Him, they turn to the worship of created things rather than Creator. This is not just true of ancient forms of paganism, but equally is true of modern atheism (consider atheist Lawrence Krauss's statement, “Forget Jesus, the stars died for you”) and is certainly true for the autonomous, humanistic thinker such as Buddha and those who follow him. They worship man in general by exalting Mankind as the judge of everything else or may even worship the Buddha. So yes, it is possible to adhere to a godless religion – in fact, it is impossible not to be religious regardless of one’s professed beliefs.

www.apricotpie.com...
so with what you said is it wrong to choose your own path even if it supposedly leads to hell?
edit on 12-11-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I suspect that deep down inside all of us KNOW whats real

I agree.

God has revealed Himself to everyone.

Oh. Was that Vishnu outside my window earlier? Ugh. Missed opportunities.

edit on 12-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

sure you did as much as kali was at mine

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Buddhism doesn't have an opinion about gods and demons. According to the Buddha -- or at least to the Buddhist scriptural tradition -- the question of whether or not they exist is irrelevant because they cannot help us in the quest to end suffering. If they exist, they too are subject to the law of karma and are bound to the Wheel of Existence.

People in India and China, however, already believed in gods, demons and other supernatural entities before the advent of Buddhism -- so these beings became a familiar feature of many Buddhist tales and traditions. Buddhist temples in some countries, such as my own, even contain shrines to Hindu gods, local folk-deities and so on. Buddhism does not prohibit their worship but suggests that it is without merit and merely increases karma.

You appear to have trouble putting yourself into the shoes of atheists from your own cultural tradition. I earnestly beg you not to invoke religious traditions foreign to you in support of your claims. Stick to what you know.

edit on 12/11/15 by Astyanax because: of what I know.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Check out how many are trolling my thread. They don't get banned.

That's a pretty strong hint that they aren't trolls.

You started this thread to pick a fight. You got one. Atheists are defending themselves against your accusations. That is not trolling.

You are, as boymonker74 says, either a happy, laughing troll (in which case, well done) or someone so witlessly malicious they can't see or think straight. I really see no other possibilities.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

does what you say have anything to do with the six realms? i would be interested to learn more if it was so

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join