It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about atheists.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

The things that come from the Spirit of God are discerned only through the spirit, hence why disbelievers consider it foolishness. As hard as it is to believe : ))), there's a distinction between a believer and a disbeliever, between a spiritual man and a natural man. They do not operate the same way.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Ladybug201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Hmmm... It appears to me like your definition of the word "faith" is too loose to adequately describe the feeling you have for god if you can make it so flexible.

To me, I'd say that faith in god is just believing that he is real. A demon would have faith in god because it knows god exists. It wouldn't trust god though because it rebelled against him before.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ladybug201

The things that come from the Spirit of God are discerned only through the spirit, hence why disbelievers consider it foolishness. As hard as it is to believe : ))), there's a distinction between a believer and a disbeliever, between a spiritual man and a natural man. They do not operate the same way.

What is a spirit?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There's a distinction between believing god exists and knowing god. Let's say someone told you about a person, although you believe he exists you don't know the person that someone is talking about. You never met him/her, you have never seen how he/she looks like and how you feel when you are with that person. That's the distinction between believing someone/thing exists and knowing it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201

Yeah thats according to your man made version of god.
The fake one everyone follows.
She doesn't give a hoot really far to busy with better creatures.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

What is a spirit?

I can only advise you to pray for that wisdom.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yeah thats according to your man made version of god.
The fake one everyone follows.
She doesn't give a hoot really far to busy with better creatures.

There's a paradox in your reply of three sentences long. You're still drinking water like everybody else.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Self delusion, that's all it is. If the only way to know God and to experience him, is to pray and pray and pray until he finally opens the door.. Well I don't know what else to call it but self delusion. Goes a long way to explaining all the different denominations and personal versions of God that people have. I am confident your God can be easily proven to be nothing more than myth, because that's what it is.

But tell yourself something enough times and you'll start to believe it.

A.k.a. faith.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Self delusion, that's all it is. If the only way to know God and to experience him, is to pray and pray and pray until he finally opens the door.. Well I don't know what else to call it but self delusion. Goes a long way to explaining all the different denominations and personal versions of God that people have. I am confident your God can be easily proven to be nothing more than myth, because that's what it is.

But tell yourself something enough times and you'll start to believe it.

A.k.a. faith.

I should star all replies like these for really, it's the best they can do.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Is english your 2nd language btw?.

link   
What I gave you was the New Testament understanding of faith.
It is what the New Testament is talking about.
As you and I and James agree, the just "knowing that God exists" of the demons does not bring them to God.

If your definition of faith includes elements which mine does not, then my definition is tighter than yours, not looser.

link   

What do you mean "best they can do"?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There's a distinction between believing god exists and knowing god. Let's say someone told you about a person, although you believe he exists you don't know the person that someone is talking about. You never met him/her, you have never seen how he/she looks like and how you feel when you are with that person. That's the distinction between believing someone/thing exists and knowing it.

Believing that something exists just takes willpower. Knowing something exists takes evidence. That is really the only difference.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nope baileys coffee and scotch.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Faith is belief. If you believe god exists then you have faith he exists.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

People are going to be pissed when they meet the great white monkey instead of santa when they die.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Faith is belief. If you believe god exists then you have faith he exists.

Faith=belief. Common-language usage.
Faith=commitment to God in trust. New Testament usage.
For purposes of Christian theology, New Testament usage is what matters. The essence of "saving faith" is trust.

What exactly are you achieving by insisting on that point, anyway?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Fine. Carry on.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I can only advise you to pray for that wisdom.

Heh you have no idea do you? its just a made up buzzword theists throw around

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well, what can I say? You're right about that.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join