It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Carson: ‘Politico Story Is An Outright LIE’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm not confused.

You tried to say that acceptance is the same as a scholarship to justify what you claim the ghostwriter wrote without Dr. Carson's knowledge.

You got caught.

Who knows what terms were used "at the time"? You don't; I don't. What I do know is that Dr. Carson's book says he was offered a SCHOLARSHIP five times in a row, and he has stated that he was offered a SCHOLARSHIP, himself, in recorded interviews.

Your desperate attempts to spin this are getting pathetic.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Dr. Carson's ghostwritten memoir "Gifted Hands" states that he received a scholarship offer FIVE times.

Dr. Carson has been linked above, in a video, stating "I was offered a scholarship."

He wasn't offered a scholarship.

He lied.

He was offered a free education at West Point if he were to apply and wanted it. He had the recommendation if he wanted it.

Scholarship is the wrong term but amounts to the same thing.

BTW, if this crap is the best political tool in the DNC toolbox, they are really hurting for dirt.
edit on 6-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Dr. Carson's ghostwritten memoir "Gifted Hands" states that he received a scholarship offer FIVE times.

Dr. Carson has been linked above, in a video, stating "I was offered a scholarship."

He lied.

He was offered a free education at West Point if he were to apply and wanted it. He had the recommendation if he wanted it.

So now Dr. Carson DID say scholarship?

It wasn't the ghostwriter's fault?

K.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

No him thinking the earth is 6000 years old and the pyramids were used for grain storage is a bigger deal then this.

I guess this is just a little white lie huh?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

He lied.

So now Dr. Carson DID say scholarship?

It wasn't the ghostwriter's fault?

K.

I have no idea about a ghostwriter. Haven't looked up who wrote or assisted with his book. Must be another poster.
edit on 6-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

See above for info on the ghostwriter on Dr. Carson's book. (IMATAT was right about that.)

IMATAT has been arguing that the ghostwriter, not Dr. Carson, said scholarship ... except of course that Dr. Carson has been recorded saying it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Does West Point offer scholarships?

Isn't that the real question?

Wouldn't folks from West Point know that they don't offer scholarships?

Isn't that another real question?

Doesn't Dr. Carson understand the difference between a scholarship and appointment to one of our Service Academies?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm thinking if he was told he could attend WP without paying that he assumed that meant a scholarship. He was flattered and didn't realize the same offer was made to everybody they wanted. "You can attend, and it won't cost you anything". I can see how he made the jump to scholarship. I thought Politico was better than this.

However, all people crying "racist" for the posters here, are full of it. You really should stop. The shoe doesn't fit.
edit on 11/6/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Save your breath (fingers)...some people are intentionally trying to be dense. They understand...they just don't want to admit that their comrades at Politico tried a blatantly false partisan hit piece...AND GOT CAUGHT!!!! LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
1.) Dr. Carson was told by military officers that IF he applied to WP, he would be accepted and they would pay for everything for him (classes, room, board, etc.) while he was enrolled

Do you have a source for this information, though? Or is it what you think happened? I think that's probably very close to what happened, but I couldn't state it as fact. Can you?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Does West Point offer scholarships?

Isn't that the real question?

Wouldn't folks from West Point know that they don't offer scholarships?

Isn't that another real question?

Doesn't Dr. Carson understand the difference between a scholarship and appointment to one of our Service Academies?

Do you see how weak the issue is now.

It is word play and at worst carson misspoke

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I wonder about you sometimes.

Okay, did Dr. Carson lie, or does he not understand the difference between an Appointment to one of the Service Academies and a scholarship?

What, was he "just joshin'"?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Save your breath (fingers)...some people are intentionally trying to be dense. They understand...they just don't want to admit that their comrades at Politico tried a blatantly false partisan hit piece...AND GOT CAUGHT!!!! LOL

Politico got caught?

Well, if so, you're in good company then, huh?

Did you say "acceptance is a scholarship" or not?

Besides that, according to some folks here, it doesn't matter what the Politico writer actually, you know, said ... it was probably just a mistaken term or something.

"Word choice. "

Anything but the actual truth.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

No him thinking the earth is 6000 years old and the pyramids were used for grain storage is a bigger deal then this.

I guess this is just a little white lie huh?

Stremmos!

The official line here is "he just misspoke."

Five times in print, more times in interviews.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I wonder about you sometimes.

Okay, did Dr. Carson lie, or does he not understand the difference between an Appointment to one of the Service Academies and a scholarship?

What, was he "just joshin'"?

I think it best to let him explain but it looks very much as a choice in words that allowed the politico to twist the words to the point it looks like something it is not. Then on top of that they come out with a fabricated story that he admitted to being a liar when no lie was ever told.

fact is that he was a gifted young black man when it was not cool to be a gifted young black man.

he embodies the dream that mlk had and that bothers many

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well, translate it from what was written.

If some Army officers can offer him a written scholarship (which is the wrong word in the first place since West Point is military) then he lied.

If you read it in context, He was offered a free education at West Point (as happens with high scoring individuals).

You be the judge. But to say Ben Carson admits lying about applying and getting to accepted to West Point... FALSE.

Scholarship (though generally meaning the same thing) for free higher education.

There are reports that the parade meeting never occurred and rather that Carson might have met with Westmoreland during a fundraiser type dinner where there were 1500 or so people attending. Not the one on one meeting he claims. Also, Wetmoreland, according to the Washi ngton Post was not even eligible give an endorsement. If this comes to be the case, then Carson lied to promote a more patriotic image of himself in his book.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Wow, an amazingly patriotic reply!

Well done.

I'm glad for anyone's success.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can't trust anyone that would try and hit their mother with a hammer.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I can't trust anyone that would try and hit their mother with a hammer.

I'm sure that was just more made up lies by the liberal racist media that ... er, ... what?

Oh. Carson admitted it.

/backsawayslowly

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For the party that loves to champion "personal responsibility" they sure love making excuses for everything

It's Hillary's fault he misspoke!
If only Obama was vetted the same way!
It's Obama's liberal media smearing him!
Benghazi!

edit on 6-11-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join