It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Carson: ‘Politico Story Is An Outright LIE’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Gen. Westmoreland WAS in Detroit in February, 1970 for a Medal of Honor banquet, and young Ben Carson did infact attend as the TOP ROTC student in the City.

The racist left couldn't take him out with the 1997 pyramid quote, so they went with 1969 HS recollections. Next I guess they'll have a kindergarten hit peice.

Somebody explain to me with ALL the BS on ALL the white candidates that's in THEIR 1997 (or 1969) histories, that THIS comes out when Carson starts to surge in the polls?

Racist left?

All I have to go on are his own words. Not that it matters to be perfectly honest, as there was never any chance I would vote for someone that far to the right of my own political beliefs.

As for the pyramids: I feel the same about Dr. Carsons theory as I do about ancient aliens. The egyptians both knew why they built their pyramids, and communicated that knowledge in their writing at the time. The book of Genesis, or ancient astronauts are neither relevant or interesting with regard to the pyramids.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Politico, I have done some quick reading in the last one half hour since this broke, has a HISTORY of hitting conservative Black men. Amazingly, Politico "broke" the "girlfriend" stories of Herman Cain in 2012.

Can't have those successful Black men stray from the Liberal plantation.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Amazing how conservatives are so quick to play the “race card” when one of their heroes gets it from the press

You don’t see or hear from them when commentators on the other side of the political spectrum always remind that racism in America is still rampant.

They always take the line: everything’s okay and racism is dead

Just like Clarence Thomas did and OJ when they were victims of the usual press incompetence and interest in scurrilous content

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I could care less about carson.

however.

Was carson officially invited to westpoint? no.
did the guy in charge probably tell him. with those grades you could get in. maybe.

Is this a big deal? for carson no.
for politico. i'd say yeah.
this is a hit piece.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Yes I am aware, and no one gets told that they can qualify for that until AFTER they apply and go through that process!
So they ONLY way he could have said he had been offered a full scholarship, which is getting accepted, is if he applied!

So why did he say he was offered one if there is no way he could have been offered that?

Is it not a lie to say something like that since they don't offer scholarships??

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It should be noted that a ghostwriter wrote Mr. Carson's book.

link   
a reply to: Glinda

So running negative stories about black men make them racist? Do they not run stories about white politicians?

I guess when in doubt, pull the race card! Guess you have been reading some of Saul's books.

The irony is strong here lol.

All we heard about was that you can't criticize obama because you would just be called a racist, but yet now we have a some one calling out Carson and you are calling them racist.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So why did he say he was offered one if there is no way he could have been offered that?

He didn't... again, read the article in the OP. The Politico Lied

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

YES HE DID!

He said in his book that he was later offered a full scholarship.

“introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

So was that a lie or no?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lernmore

originally posted by: imitator
I'm thinking this was all staged to be blamed on racism, to prop Carson up in the polls.....

I smell BS

So you come in here, use racism as a tool, to claim someone (at politico no doubt) was using it, to eventually use racism as a tool. That's adorable.

So your being an hypocrite and actually using racism, idiocy abounds thee.
It is the likes of you that I smell....
edit on 6-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Let us remember that President Obama wrote a book admitting to drug use which apparently makes him a hero.
There were always rumors pushed about GW Bush and coc aine use... rumors that don't need to be vetted.

So... Bush = drug addict...... Obama poor victim of racial oppression.

Now, let's see here, Ben Carson is black and a neurosurgeon..... so we better paint him as an 'Uncle Tom'.

He admits to violent tendencies as an adolescent, so what does the media do? They say they can't find any proof of it... so.... he's a liar.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit. In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer. He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors. They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission.

Link

There you go, I found the relevant portion for you. As I said, in layman's terms, you could say everyone get's a "scholarship" as they all get free tuition and board and are considered Active Duty.

I hope you understand now...
edit on 11/6/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

As the top ranking student, and being of African American heritage during the age of Affirmative Action, young Ben Carson would no doubt have been pursued to apply to West Point. The military NOT taking a vested interest in his college years AFTER a student such promise put years of HS in the ROTC program is what would be UNBELIEVABLE.

And, hitting a bunch of media sources, the media hack from Politico responsible for this LIE, Kyle Cheney IS NOT ISSUING A COMMENT (or surprise!) coroborating audio!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

YES HE DID!

He said in his book that he was later offered a full scholarship.

“introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

So was that a lie or no?

no it is not a lie.

factor in all the variables

ghost writer

there is no scholarship to the academy

it is obvious that at one point he was thinking hard about joining and would have a clear path but he choose another route

not lies but something that can quickly explained by the man himself

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Armstrong Williams Defends Ben Carson on West Point Story

Dr. Ben Carson's business manager rushed to his boss' defense on Friday, insisting the revelation that the retired pediatric neurosurgeon lied about having been offered a "full scholarship" to West Point does not stain his run for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

On Friday, Carson's campaign revealed the candidate fabricated a key moment in his best-selling 1996 memoir, "Gifted Hands," in which he writes he was offered a "full scholarship" to famed military academy after meeting with Gen. William Westmoreland, who commanded troops in Vietnam.

Campaign manager Barry Bennett confessed the boast was bogus following an inquiry by Politico.

Williams told CNN Friday afternoon that "there was no fabrication," and that while Carson was encouraged to apply to West Point, he did not pursue it.

"He never followed through, he never applied, because he knew that medicine was his calling," Williams said. "Dr. Carson has always been clear that he never applied," he said.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I was just going to post that (glad I checked). And may I add...Politicos' Kyle Cheny is still "not commenting" "not releasing corroborating audio" and is still MIA.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

I was just going to post that (glad I checked). And may I add...Politicos' Kyle Cheny is still "not commenting" "not releasing corroborating audio" and is still MIA.

Methinks, Kyle Cheny is busy cleaning out his desk at Politico about now.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

And I need to add...Dr. Carson was the TOP ROTC student in the city of Detroit in 1968!!!! And as a 17 year old kid he had a dinner w/Gen. Westmoreland as such. And using the "word" scholarship he mistook the encouragement of ROTC to apply as a "full scholarship" as NO ONE PAYS to go to a military academy. You MUST be accepted!!!

This is so outrageous! To quote Justice Clarence Thomas (from his own hits) "this is a hgh tech lynching" of a conservative Black man.

he said in his book, and on the Charlie rose show......he said, "he was offered a scholarship to west point".....HE WAS NEVER OFFERED THAT....period......this is from his own mouth, both in writing and verbally.....geez.....I have watch him say it with my own eyes....what's wrong with you people?.....you don't even believe his own words?????????

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Politico, I have done some quick reading in the last one half hour since this broke, has a HISTORY of hitting conservative Black men. Amazingly, Politico "broke" the "girlfriend" stories of Herman Cain in 2012.

Can't have those successful Black men stray from the Liberal plantation.

Actually, I'm absolutely ecstatic that neither Herman Cain or Ben Carson are liberals.

They have the perfect mindset and intellect to be American conservatives.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It should be noted that a ghostwriter wrote Mr. Carson's book.

he also verbally said the same thing on the Charlie rose show....it's on camera, for Christ's sake

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join