It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Carson: ‘Politico Story Is An Outright LIE’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
a reply to: infolurker
It doesn't matter now, the Liberal Communist got the headline out that they wanted. This is a modern day digital lynching.

Ready to call it ... if Dr. Carson doesn't quit ... Conservatives heads will be spinning like tops before they explode.

They're going to be caught between damning liberals for playing the race card ... and doing it themselves.

LOL.

link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Star and flag, I may have gotten this wrong and jumped on the bandwagon on another thread. Did the Politico reporter just make up the fact that the Carson campaign confirmed it? Strange days.

This is kind of like the same thing that Harry Reid did against Mitt Romney when he went on the Senate floor and said Romney doesn't pay his taxes. When Harry Reid was asked how do you know this he said an anonymous source told him. By that time they got the headline out and it was a sealed deal.

link   

Fine, they lied about that carson lied about being offered a full scholarship. He was never offered that.
He might have been told hey you have a good chance of getting accepted, but with out applying we would never know.

Also lets make sure that we acknowledge that Carson and his campaign are separate entities, it is possible that he never said it but someone one working for his campaign did.
Politco never said that Carson him self said he admitted anything, they said his campaign did.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Dude,

No way you can defend these statements:

"Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship"

On Friday, Ben Carson’s campaign admitted that a central point in his inspirational personal story was fabricated: his application and acceptance into the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

Ben Carson did not admit fabricating anything.

Ben Carson never said he applied and was accepted to West Point.

You can try to read into anything else but these "Erroneous Headline Grabbing" statements are FALSE.

Done.
edit on 6-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

he said it in writing...his own book....and he said it verbally on the Charlie rose show, on camera, in person, with his own mouth.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Did he fabricate that he was offered a scholarship?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Dude,

On Friday, Ben Carson’s campaign admitted that a central point in his inspirational personal story was fabricated: his application and acceptance into the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

You can try to read into anything else but these "Erroneous Headline Grabbing" statements are FALSE.

Done.

geez.....here's the you tube video....he said "i was offered a scholarship to west point".......
www.youtube.com...
it's his own words

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

yes...see my above post

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

At the end of my twelfth grade I marched at the head of the Memorial Day parade. I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, We had important visitors that day.

Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn’t refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn’t where I saw myself going.

Well, translate it from what was written.

If some Army officers can offer him a written scholarship (which is the wrong word in the first place since West Point is military) then he lied.

If you read it in context, He was offered a free education at West Point (as happens with high scoring individuals).

You be the judge. But to say Ben Carson admits lying about applying and getting to accepted to West Point... FALSE.

Scholarship (though generally meaning the same thing) for free higher education.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

yes...see my above post

He must have been mind-controlled by liberal satellites.

Possessed by Satan?

Maybe evil Lesbian Wiccans cast a spell on him?

(I'm trying to guess some of the excuses now Jimmy ... GOOD FIND!)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Was talking about this 'admission' of fabrication.

I bet some young intern is going to get put on the chopping block soon, think it is possible some one said something wrong in his team.

Or politico is spinning, just as possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jimmyx

yes...see my above post

He must have been mind-controlled by liberal satellites.

Possessed by Satan?

Maybe evil Lesbian Wiccans cast a spell on him?

(I'm trying to guess some of the excuses now Jimmy ... GOOD FIND!)

Say it 3 times:

I want it to be true that Ben Carson, that Ben Carson, admitted he lied and applied for West Point!!!

LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No the context is that he was offered a full scholarship, it is it plain english in what you quoted.
That is just not true, you have to be accepted first for that to be true, which if he never applied then he would never know if they would pay for his college.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Dude,

Done.

Dude! Quote me defending the Politico article!

I can see that you desperately want to sidestep to something else.

But I only have one question for you: Did you say what I quoted or not?

Apologies to infolurker ... this latter comment was mistaken. Gryph
edit on 15Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:56:57 -060015p0320151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

No the context is that he was offered a full scholarship, it is it plain english in what you quoted.
That is just not true, you have to be accepted first for that to be true, which if he never applied then he would never know if they would pay for his college.

You don't pay for West Point. If you can get in, it is free.

It is pretty obvious, he could get in if he wanted to.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

But to say Ben Carson admits lying about applying and getting to accepted to West Point... FALSE.

I agree. It's a sensationalized headline and I bitch about them all the time.

He was offered a free education at West Point (as happens with high scoring individuals).

Was he, though? Was he told that he was accepted without even applying? Like I said on page 3, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I think he certainly stretched the truth. But so did Politico.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This will be the third time I've said it ...

originally posted by: IAMTAT

While it was a ghostwriter who wrote the book...technically, acceptance is a scholarship, as all classes, room and board are payed by WP, if the candidate agrees to serve for 10 years as an officer in the military, upon successful graduation.

That a ghostwriter used the term scholarship, doesn't surprise me.

YOUR words; emphasis mine.

Infolurker did not say this. I was mistaken.
edit on 15Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:57:52 -060015p0320151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Dr. Carson's ghostwritten memoir "Gifted Hands" states that he received a scholarship offer FIVE times.

Dr. Carson has been linked above, in a video, stating "I was offered a scholarship."

He wasn't offered a scholarship.

He lied.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Not sure, what continues to confuse you, but here it is (one last time), simply put for you, as I am able:

1.) Dr. Carson was told by military officers that IF he applied to WP, he would be accepted and they would pay for everything for him (classes, room, board, etc.) while he was enrolled (this is the basic definition of a scholarship...and most people would agree)

2.) Dr. Carson thanked the military officials, said he was flattered...but, did not accept, as he wanted to pursue a career in medicine

3.) Since Dr. Carson did not accept, neither did he apply

4.) Since Dr. Carson did not apply, neither was he accepted, nor did he attend

Whether or not the term 'scholarship' was used at the time he was offered this opportunity (and we don't know the exact words used), that the original offer to West Point was considered to be a 'scholarship' by Dr. Carson (or a hired ghostwriter...or anyone else, including you or me) is not surprising in the least.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Who according to him offered him a scholarship, the school? or the gentlemen he was having dinner with?

"At the end of my twelfth grade I marched at the head of the Memorial Day parade. I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, we had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn’t refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn’t where I saw myself going. As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn’t really tempted. The scholarship would have obligated me to spend four years in military service after finishing college, precluding my chances to go on to medical school. I knew my direction – I wanted to be a doctor, and nothing would divert me or stand in the way. Of course the offer of a full scholarship flattered me. I was developing confidence in my abilities – just like my mother had been telling me for at least he past ten years.”

It sounds like the General Westmoreland and Sgt. Hunt were the "they" and "them" in question. Of course if none of us were there, we cannot say whether they offered him a scholarship or not, nor whether the scholarship was official or unofficial.
edit on 6-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join