It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida’s New Anti-Gay, Anti-Woman Bill May Be the Most Malicious Yet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

ya, for some reason, I doubt if that one is gonna fly!!! and if it does our political leaders should be tarred and feathered!
but, it does seem that there's many who think that the religious freedom was only extended to the christians!!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Simply put, this is why we have states with individual state laws. The laws are voted on by the residents and their representatives.

I don't like what is proposed in this law. But, it IS what our individual states are for.

Flame away. I've got popcorn.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Metallicus

No, it's not a "Lifestyle Choice" Sexual Orientation and Gender-Identity are not a "Lifestyle"

So because you say it isn't a lifestyle it isn't a lifestyle? Great argument. I will have to use 'because I say so' argument more often.

Nature has already decided your gender via DNA. You can pretend you are the opposite sex, but it will never be true.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It's becoming pretty clear that to many people out there basic "Freedom" is only provided to Christians. They are legislating for the Freedom to treat others any way they damn well please and be free from repercussion for it.

If anyone in this nation is "Privileged" and thinks of themselves as "Special Snowflakes" who deserve "Special Rights" it's them. The proof of that is undeniable.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

It's a clear violation of the XIVth and therefore the Xth has no place in such a debate.

& I guaruntee if this passes the SCOTUS will agree.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So because you say it isn't a lifestyle it isn't a lifestyle? Great argument.

How about the sources already presented to you showing that the American Psychological Association, which obviously employs professional psychologists, and other pertinent fields, say it isn't a choice? I'd say that's a pretty good argument.

What about the colossal amount of personal testimonies from LGBT+ and heterosexuals stating they never chose their orientation? Seems like a good argument to me.

Now what was your argument again?
edit on 27-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What Lifestyle??? Explain to me what Lifestyle All Gay People are having.

Because I actually know some gay people beyond seeing one at a distance or on TV and FYI not all gay people float around town, talking with a lisp, wearing 70's disco outfits and going to gay pride parades. Believe it or not, some actually live a lifestyle just like any other straight person other than when they go to bed at night their next to someone of the same gender. Other than that their lifestyle is the exact same as your average boring couple next door.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

oh well I hope they enjoy having to drive their wives to the store, their kids to the doctors because the muslim running the dmv doesn't think their wives should have driver's licenses!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

How about the sources already presented to you showing that the American Psychological Association, which obviously employs professional psychologists, and other pertinent fields, say it isn't a choice? I'd say that's a pretty good argument.

What about the colossal amount of personal testimonies from LGBT+ and heterosexuals stating they never chose their orientation? Seems like a good argument to me.

Anecdotal evidence and personal testimony are not proof.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yeah, well I can tell you now that the first Zealot who tries to deny me bacon on my burger or in my breakfast because of their Religion had better have some friends close at hand.

When acting in some official manner at a job or basically anything where you are representing anything other than just yourself everyone should keep their damn Beliefs to themselves. Because the truth is, NOBODY CARES. Beliefs aren't special and we all have them. Nobody is special because they Believe something others don't. If anyone wants to know them, they'll ask. If not, then don't offer them because odds are they're wrong anyway so keep them to yourself.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well, up to the courts interpretation. I won't argue that.

The point I was looking to make was...I believe a community should be able to shape their own laws.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I said it was a good argument. Did I use the word proof? You used the word argument, so I did as well.

I ask again. What is your argument?

You accused Darth of essentially just saying because I say so'. Yet that's precisely all you've presented here yourself.

Your quote verbatim:

Being gay is a lifestyle choice and shouldn't be a protected class.

Sure sounds like because I say so to me!
edit on 27-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I don't like bacon, but hey, I expect my christmas ham!!! and if any store ever tried to deny me one they'd best find a way of advertising that fact so that I can know before hand, or else they will have one very angry customer when I get there!
just like any healthcare provider, hospital, bakery, pharmacy ect, who chooses their beliefs over their duties should have their policies made well know! but, for some reason, they seem to think that that requirement would be too troublesome to them and unconstitutional....

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I know it's not proof but clearly show a DNA connection and not just a lifestyle choice.

www.news.com.au...

healthland.time.com...
edit on 27-10-2015 by olaru12 because: ^Df6ddj

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I think everyone here agrees with that...

I'm just pointing out this...

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Medical protection often falls under Life and always under Liberty...

If The Church Of Satan decides it's against their Faith to help a Christian patient, threads like this would be abound with outrage.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

No, it's not a "Lifestyle Choice" Sexual Orientation and Gender-Identity are not a "Lifestyle"

So because you say it isn't a lifestyle it isn't a lifestyle? Great argument. I will have to use 'because I say so' argument more often.

Nature has already decided your gender via DNA. You can pretend you are the opposite sex, but it will never be true.

So tell me, expert..

At what point did you decide on your sexuality? Because if it is a choice as you say then at some point in your life you had an attraction to both males and females but made the choice to be straight, so what made you decide on the straight life?

I mean, I don't recall making that decision to be straight, I just was, but according to you it is a choice, so when did you decide your attraction to the same sex was not going to be part of your life?

Also being gay does not only mean gay sex, why do you people always bring the sex up, why does that aspect of gay life interest you so much? Possible hidden attraction to it?

I say stop the self hate and go with it..

edit on 27-10-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I like this bill so far. If the company is privately owned and stays consistent in its conviction, more power to it. If the adoption agency does not take government dollars, more power to it.

So what's the problem?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Ahem.

Gender isn't the same thing as sex. I agree with you that you can't just change your sex, though I also understand that some people do have some brain abnormalities that don't align with their bodies and don't really give a crap what they do if it keeps them from committing suicide.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

the problem comes in when you go into the hospital in premature labor and there's no clear indication that the hospital is affiliated with a religious group and you are left there to suffer, till the baby's heartbeat stops risking infection because well, it's their religious beliefs that to cause the death of the fetus would be wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
One, this is a religious freedom bill, and not "anti" anything.

Two, Go, Florida! I'd like to see a lot more states follow suit.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join