It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida’s New Anti-Gay, Anti-Woman Bill May Be the Most Malicious Yet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
www.slate.com...

politics.heraldtribune.com...

Here is the Bill

www.myfloridahouse.gov...

---------------------------

Florida’s new “religious freedom” bill, just introduced but already gaining traction, begins with an Indiana-esque guarantee that most businesses and corporations may legally turn away gay couples if doing so “would be contrary to [their] religious or moral convictions.” Similarly, the bill allows private adoption agencies to refuse to place children with same-sex couples if such placement goes against “the religious or moral convictions or policies of the agency.”

The bill states that “a health care facility,” “an ambulatory surgery center,” “a nursing home,” “an assisted living facility,” “a hospice … operated by a religious institution,” and any “health care provider” can refuse to treat a patient or administer a medication if doing so would be contrary to its “religious or moral convictions or policies.”

-------------------------------

This is why we need federal protection, because more and more of theses Bill are going to be suggested and accepted into "Law".

while everyone thought that Marriage Equality was the next step into the "Gay Agenda" and it became popular among "Celebrities" to Support it, these are the issues that we face that are equally if not more important and yet hardly get any support or Recognized. In 31 States(Last time i checked) it's Legal to Fire someone and deny Services, Housing, Property, Jobs etc to GLBTQ+ people

We bring this up and it's just more GLBTQ+ people "Whining" and "Complaining", but this has nothing to do with being a "Special Snowflake" this is about having equally insured protection, And it's not just us GLBTQ+ People, it's also Woman

With all the talk of this "Gay Agenda" and "PC" and Insert other political "Buzz Words" no one mentions those that essentially want a Religious Tyranny

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Can't wait until Florida is underwater. Hope it's quick so they don't have a chance to spread to the rest of the states like a bad herpes outbreak.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Soo..... Can we mandate that a christian has to act like a christian? A muslim, like a muslim? And when they step out of line, can we stone them? It is what their religion calls for and i want them to have the freedom to be religious.
edit on 27-10-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Me too and I live in Florida!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about this bill passing. Unless the republicans in the state, and those nationally that have supported Julio Gonzalez, want to get completely steamrolled at the polls it will not go through.

I'm not surprised though. Gonzalez is the guy that actually tried to make the case for real "death panels" in the medical care industry.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
- Abraham Lincoln

There is so much truth to this but preferred interpretations often lead to hypocrisy.
Oh yes, it happens every single day as one side or the other demands respect but offers not a smidgen to the other.

Not a drop.

Our nation seems headed down the drain, divided unto itself based solely on what can be done for... me and MY beliefs, not yours.

It's immature, it's ignorant, it's kattywhomped with utter stupidity.

It is ALSO a two-way street here, just as it has always been but... whims today win out over common sense from every direction. It's all me, me, me!

Don't FORCE you beliefs on others.
If two people of the same gender wish to bond in marriage, leave them alone!
If someone doesn't want to bake a cake for them, accept that and move along!

Live and let live or... just plan for a pissy future where everyone uselessly hates one another.

K... I'm done.
My apologies if this broke any rules.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Holy #! Did Segregation start up again?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Soo..... Can we mandate that a christian has to act like a christian? A muslim, like a muslim? And when they step out of line, can we stone them? It is what their religion calls for and i want them to have the freedom to be religious.

No we can't, Religious people like this want everyone to be like they want them to be, but feel they can do whatever they please. Just pop in to a church on Sunday and walk out sin free.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
Can't wait until Florida is underwater. Hope it's quick so they don't have a chance to spread to the rest of the states like a bad herpes outbreak.

Yeah, thanks for that, I and the other blameless Floridians thank You.

Have a better day!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Yeah, thanks for that, I and the other blameless Floridians thank You.

Have a better day!

It's not like you don't know it's going to happen.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't see what's wrong with this. If an institution wants to deny business based on their morals they should have that right. Someone else will gain business from it anyways. I'm sure there are plenty of bake shops that will make a cake for a gay couple.

Besides, are you suggesting to force people to do things that they are morally against? Seems barbaric and oppressive to me. If someone was to deny me service because of their morals, I'd just go somewhere else and be happy to give my money to a business that won't.

Ghost

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Clearly you must support Segregation, because that was LITERALLY the same thing that is being passed in this bill.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

I don't see what's wrong with this. If an institution wants to deny business based on their morals they should have that right. Someone else will gain business from it anyways. I'm sure there are plenty of bake shops that will make a cake for a gay couple.

Besides, are you suggesting to force people to do things that they are morally against? Seems barbaric and oppressive to me. If someone was to deny me service because of their morals, I'd just go somewhere else and be happy to give my money to a business that won't.

Ghost

That thinking is what causes a crack to become a fjord. The whole idea of morals in the first place is barbaric imo.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's the point that people think like this, and some people agree with it. it's the fact that people who have some kind of power think they can abuse it by using "Freedom" to take away "Freedom" and hide behind it to discriminate

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Closer to Atlantis when 'it' does...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Please, first it's not about a Cake, second did you read the Articles? the Quotes Provided?

The bill states that “a health care facility,” “an ambulatory surgery center,” “a nursing home,” “an assisted living facility,” “a hospice … operated by a religious institution,” and any “health care provider” can refuse to treat a patient or administer a medication if doing so would be contrary to its “religious or moral convictions or policies.”

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So basically they've made it legal for doctors to deny their Hippocratic oath and operate with impunity?

Wow.

I don't even care about that first bit, people wanna be bigots, whatever, but when it comes to doctors...

Errr....that's insane.

~Tenth

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

So basically they've made it legal for doctors to deny their Hippocratic oath and operate with impunity?

Wow.

I don't even care about that first bit, people wanna be bigots, whatever, but when it comes to doctors...

Errr....that's insane.

~Tenth

Any doctor that would put there religion and morals ahead of their patient should be stripped of their licence imo. This is awful.

Oh, pain medication is against my religion, so I'll let my patients suffer in agony.

yeah.. that doesn't work for me. It's unbelievably insane this is even still an issue in America.
edit on 27-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Ghost

That thinking is what causes a crack to become a fjord. The whole idea of morals in the first place is barbaric imo.

Oh fear not, the fjord is well on its way to being an ocean between us.

Morals being considered "barbaric" is a perfect example of this.

ATS 'debates' are a prime example of how little middle ground is left.

Still SMH at morals being considered barbaric now, exiting thread..........

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

yeah.. that doesn't work for me. It's unbelievably insane this is even still an issue in America.

By their logic, for example, if I was a doctor and Jehovah Witness and somebody came in needing a blood transfusion due to blood loss, I could deny them that, and just let them die in the ER.

It's incredibly dangerous legislation.

~Tenth
edit on 10/27/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/27/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join