It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida’s New Anti-Gay, Anti-Woman Bill May Be the Most Malicious Yet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You must be Hostess because that was a zinger!

Anyway, I don't understand things sometimes(I hate thinking), but I am pretty sure Jesus would not serve gays cheeseburgers or make the cakes for the homosexual deviants. That's why I won't either.
edit on 27-10-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

1) Yes. We always have a choice and can modify our behavior from negative to positive. There is no reason to act on inappropriate attraction.

2) You people being those who engage in homosexual behaviors. I thought that was obvious.

How is it inappropriate when the only parties involved are both consenting adults who want it and choose it and it effects nobody else???

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

NO we stone WITCHES silly,get it right.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Like metallic said. "Homosexual behaviors" we have observed are clearly negative. I have a homosexual neighbor and when ever he has sex he is begging for death and becomes possessed by Pazuzu's demonic spirt.

Obvs, yo.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So if you (or loved one) are in a Hospital and need a Blood Transfusion, or an organ transplant, or just some minor thing and the Doctor refused to treat you because of his "Religious Beliefs"

you are Ok with that?

Sorry,not sorry that is not "Freedoms" that is someone getting paid to do a Job and leave Bias at Home

i would be fine with that. I would request another doctor. I don't want to see him ordered, required, or forced to perform a service he doesn't want to just because I want him to.

Sorry, not sorry, but bias is a two way street. Ignore him, talk crap about him, give him a bad review on Yelp—whatever helps you get through it—but let him be an a-hole, let him conduct his business how he wishes, let him live according to his stupid beliefs, however nonsensical we think they are. He obviously doesn't afford anyone else the same respect, so let's try to refrain from becoming anything like him.

edit on 27-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

1) Yes. We always have a choice and can modify our behavior from negative to positive. There is no reason to act on inappropriate attraction.

2) You people being those who engage in homosexual behaviors. I thought that was obvious.

How is it inappropriate when the only parties involved are both consenting adults who want it and choose it and it effects nobody else???

If two gays want to get married that's fine with me, but any man that would be attracted to another man instead of a beautiful woman with the proper parts is doing it wrong. I will never understand it and it makes no sense to me. I don't understand performance art either. I realize people are going to do stupid things in life. Those people that pierce their nipples for example...where does that get fun?

Anyway, I have explained my opinion. We aren't going to agree and I'm going to sleep.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Tell THAT to the doctors at the VA.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

You must be Hostess because that was a zinger!

Anyway, I don't understand things sometimes(I hate thinking), but I am pretty sure Jesus would not serve gays cheeseburgers or make the cakes for the homosexual deviants. That's why I won't either.

All I am doing now is getting you stars from your homosexual fan club. I have met people like you before in life and at this point I am going to stop feeding you. Good night.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
- Abraham Lincoln

There is so much truth to this but preferred interpretations often lead to hypocrisy.
Oh yes, it happens every single day as one side or the other demands respect but offers not a smidgen to the other.

Not a drop.

Our nation seems headed down the drain, divided unto itself based solely on what can be done for... me and MY beliefs, not yours.

It's immature, it's ignorant, it's kattywhomped with utter stupidity.

It is ALSO a two-way street here, just as it has always been but... whims today win out over common sense from every direction. It's all me, me, me!

Don't FORCE you beliefs on others.
If two people of the same gender wish to bond in marriage, leave them alone!
If someone doesn't want to bake a cake for them, accept that and move along!

Live and let live or... just plan for a pissy future where everyone uselessly hates one another.

K... I'm done.
My apologies if this broke any rules.

Every time i hear tha lincoln quote i choke back bile. WHy? BEcause th e man was a hypocrite of th e highest order. Publicly he would kiss minoritys butts but in private he might as well had been a swastika wearing Klan member.
Civil war was over th e south wantin g to make mor e money by cutting off th e north from its tributes every month.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I sort of agree with you. I do believe Lincoln was a well intentioned person of integrity, but I would have fought for the Confederacy. I believe the South had a legal right to secede.
edit on 2015/10/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Huh???

Did you forget to use the Sarcasm Font???

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

In other words it's not inappropriate for them, but it is for you. So as long as you're not involved everything is perfectly fine. You don't get it and that's fine. I don't get it either. I find it rather icky actually but that's fine. We aren't supposed to get it.

Like you said, you don't get performance art either. Doesn't mean it's not appropriate for those who do, but it's not for you, simple as that.
edit on 28-10-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

This seems pretty reasonable to me. No one should have to violate their religious beliefs to participate in the economy.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

As a champion of personal freedom above all else, who are you to say what is an inappropriate attraction for any one but yourself?

That seems like a deeply conflicted position to hold, honestly.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Darth_Prime

This seems pretty reasonable to me. No one should have to violate their religious beliefs to participate in the economy.

What religious beliefs state that it is sinful to render aid to other human beings?

What religious beliefs state that it is wrong to sell products to "sinners"?

Why are someone's religious beliefs allowed to affect anyone else besides themselves? (Like a doctor refusing to treat an injured person.)

Why should "religious beliefs" get such coddling, while all other types of difference are told to "suck it up"?
edit on 2Wed, 28 Oct 2015 02:02:24 -050015p0220151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There are no biblical instructions regarding doing business with homosexuals or anyone else someone considers to be "sinful."

In actual fact, Jesus' specific teachings command his followers to love others and do good to them, that if someone takes your coat, offer them your shirt as well. That you should lend to others with no expectation of repayment. (Luke Chapter 6)

Funny how such commandments always get ignored in favor of what someone claims to "believe."

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

As a champion of personal freedom above all else, who are you to say what is an inappropriate attraction for any one but yourself?

I certainly support their right to participate in their homosexual activities, just as I support abortion rights and legal marijuana, however I still consider those things all to be poor decisions and fundamentally wrong behaviors.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I certainly support their right to participate in their homosexual activities, just as I support abortion rights and legal marijuana, however I still consider those things all to be poor decisions and fundamentally wrong behaviors.

Just curious why you find homosexuality to be fundamentally wrong? No one is killing or harming anyone. There are no victims. Being a homosexual doesn't mean you can't be financially successful, or that you can't do good deeds for others. What is fundamentally wrong about it?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Just curious why you find homosexuality to be fundamentally wrong? No one is killing or harming anyone. There are no victims. Being a homosexual doesn't mean you can't be financially successful, or that you can't do good deeds for others. What is fundamentally wrong about it?

I believe it to be immoral behavior and a crime against nature. That being said there are many things people do that I find disgusting that aren't illegal. I simply avoid people with incompatible lifestyles and behaviors in my personal life. However, I would totally bake their gay wedding cake if that were my job. As a professional person I am able to maintain a professional relationship with clients and customers.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

What makes it immoral? Compare two men who have been in a monogamous relationship for 40 years to a man who has sex with many women, but never marries them. Which example is more immoral?

Why is it a crime against nature? Is it a crime against nature for two elderly people who are way past fertility to have a romantic relationship with each other? How about when two people get together but decide not to have children - is that a crime against nature? Is someone who is sterile automatically a crime against nature?

What if a gay man supplies his sperm to a surrogate, who will have his child, allowing the gay man and his partner to raise a family of their own? Is this a crime against nature? Is it a crime against nature when a heterosexual couple do this?

Your argument just doesn't hold water. Have you really thought it through?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join