It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of ISIS? Terror group 'on verge of defeat' as Russian jets cut off arms supplies!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So the war in Syria is a Russian air show as of you ...

And what is the US coalition doing with its circus ?
Clown stand-up performance ?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

So the war in Syria is a Russian air show as of you ...

Correct. Russia will not put boots on the ground. If they can't get Assad to sit at the table with the rebels to make peace, they will declare victory and leave him to deal with Daesh on his own.

And what is the US coalition doing with its circus ?
Clown stand-up performance ?

No, juggling.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That's problem of the US coalition. They should have been able to put local boots on the ground.
Preferably from a legitimate allied-country army but no-US partner wished to cooperate.
You can't get rid of a guerilla force with sole bombing operations.
Instead they ended training mercenaries who turned themselves to well-known terrorist organisations in a matter of weeks.
The goal of the US has never been to solve the situation in Syria. They only went there to get rid of Assad.
They wanted him away like they wanted Khadafi removed from Libya. Damascus is not going to be next Benghazi for the US, is it really worth blaming the Russians for that ?

edit on 16-10-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I sincerely hope that Putin achieves the goal of obliterating ISIS

I don't know how they are going to get them out of Europe and America, not a shadow of a doubt That Obama and other world leaders did this on purpose.

'Convert or die' ISIS graffiti jihadis declare first European 'caliphate'
ISLAMIC State graffiti has appeared in a European city as sympathisers of the group claim "the caliphate is here".

www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Thanks for the compliment. Getting nothing whatsoever of a financial nature out of posting on ATS, and posting simply for the pleasure of posting, I have to admit being gratified when something hits the mark with someone . . . and of course there are "stars". Very important.

Looking at this situation from another point of view is very enlightening in one way. We usually see it from the American point of view or the Russian point of view or the Syrian point of view or the Israeli point of view or even that of Hezbollah, but we very seldom give the Turkish perspective the attention it deserves.

For decades now,Turkey has wanted to become a member of the European Economic Community, a dream that would, no doubt, have been cherished by Mustafa Kemal, the father of modern, secular Turkey, he who outlawed the Arab script for written material and outlawed the burka for female concealment.

Turkey has done everything it could to win admission to the EEC. It has been a good NATO member. It is a member of numerous economic organizations with the EU.

It applied for membership in the EU in 1987!

The talks have been very prolonged and cover dozens of areas of concern as one can see from this linked wikipedia article:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Turks have been very patient and they have many supporters among European states, including the Cameron government in the UK, for accession into the Community, but . . . Angela Merkel opposes Turkey for EU membership. She wants a special non-member status for that country. Nicholas Sarkozy opposed Turkish membership. Francois Hollande supports Turkish membership but will not hasten talks concerning that.

This priceless piece of pretzel journalism from Bloomberg View gives a clear picture of the tentative nature of European views on Turkey.

www.bloombergview.com...

Turkey’s a good place to start. Unblocking its membership process would end the widespread impression that the EU discriminates against Muslims, at a time when xenophobia, anti-immigrant feelings and isolationism are rising within the mainly Christian nations of Europe. Allowing talks to continue is a very different issue from Turkey, population 73 million, actually joining the EU. That remains a distant prospect.

It sounds like a maitre d' at a fine restaurant explaining to Jack Nicholson that yes, there is a table for him and his nine iron, but it will have to be made ready, if he would just be kind enough to cool his heels for 30 years.

The Turks are beginning to get a little frosty about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Turkey is, however, also increasingly disappointed with the widespread opposition to its accession among EU member states. In September 2012, Turkish Prime Minister Erdoğan was asked by CNN if Turkey still wants to join the EU. His response: "There are 5 million Turks in Europe and 3 million Turks in Germany alone. We are a natural member of the European Union. Germany invited Turkish workers 50 years ago, however 50 years have passed and we have waited at the European Union's doorstep. No other country has experienced such a thing. We will be patient until a point. However when we cross that point, we will bring light to the situation and decide accordingly."[152] During a trip to Yalta, Erdoğan expressed his stern disappointment regarding the EU accession process: "We are still an EU negotiating candidate. At such a position, I wish EU accession. Otherwise, such a scenario would affect a large region including Ukraine and Turkey."[153]

Why are things going so slowly? Do most European politicians know, regardless of official government positions, that most Europeans are fearful of a Muslim inundation from "European" Turkey?

Recent developments have certainly shown, regardless of whether by design or chance, that Turkey and the United States, which favors Turkish accession to the EU, can give Europe a Muslim inundation of refugees, even if Turkey is not a member. Is that what Erdogan meant when he said that Turkey would "bring light to the situation"?

The bottom line is that "Muslim inundation" is now a reality, independently of talks on European accession for Turkey.

Is this a success for Turkey or a dreadful pratfall? I don't think it is clear yet. Will there be a Turkish civil war involving the Kurds? Have the Turks now too lapsed into chaos? We'll have to wait and see. Does looking at the Turkish situation shed light on Europe's uneasy (?) relationship with the United States? It's very confusing and difficult for the average newspaper reader to parse this situation, but one wonders if, 30 years ago, Turkey had been admitted to the EU, whether a lot of wrinkles would have been ironed out of these relationships in a more natural way and with a better will, on both sides.
edit on 16-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: spy66

a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

HUNDREDS of operations centers? How many operations centers do you suppose there are? It's been two weeks and they still haven't taken Aleppo.

Russia and Syria are not fallowing Your time plan. Just in case you didnt know

And yet you criticize the United States for not following yours. But you are okay with Russia using cluster bombs, right?

Russia aint just using cluster bombs they are also using cluster grads.... big time.

The US use cluster to. They did in Iraq and they did in Afghanistan. Soildiers tok body parts as trophies, barged and selabrated their kills..... Raped women and Young Girls and than killed them.... Killed inocent civilianse and planted weapons..... Conducted house sweeps and gaged families.... The list goes on, and on, and on....

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I think they wont collapse but with thier supply lines cut they will retreat back to thier home countries.

www.liveleak.com...

Reports are suggesting that
ISIS are currently on the brink of defeat after Russian jets carried out
40 attacks against the terrorist group. It’s also believed that they’ve
cut off their arms supplies as well.
General Igor Konashenkov, who is the spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, explained, via the Express,
that these attacks were spread out among a number of different ISIS
strongholds in Syria, which includes the regions of Aleppo, Hama, Idlib,
Latakia, and Deir ez-Zur.
In fact, because of this news the Express felt
confident enough to write the headline, “ISIS ‘on verge of defeat’ as
Russian jets cut off arms supplies.” However, that is probably a little
bit premature.

ISIS are like cockroaches, kill 10 and a thousand more replace them.

You mean other countries send in more mercs. . . .

I know America created them and fund them, but as I understand they are also in other countries like France and the UK for instance, he cant bomb them so easily.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The US use cluster to. They did in Iraq and they did in Afghanistan. Soildiers tok body parts as trophies, barged and selabrated their kills..... Raped women and Young Girls and than killed them.... Killed inocent civilianse and planted weapons..... Conducted house sweeps and gaged families.... The list goes on, and on, and on....

So you are excusing Russia in advance?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

I know America created them and fund them, but as I understand they are also in other countries like France and the UK for instance, he cant bomb them so easily.

He hasn't been bombing them in Syria, either.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens
Of course Putin is trying to save Assad's hide...Who didn't know that...

And it's more than the Obama administration wanting to get rid of Assad...Look at Libya, and Egypt (with the muzlim brotherhood)...Obama wants to overthrow these not so anti-American countries and install his radical anti-American terrorists to run these countries...He succeeded in Libya and thank God, failed in Egypt...

That's what Obama wants in Syria...A bunch of crazed muzlim maniacs who will attack Israel...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

End of ISIS? Terror group 'on verge of defeat' as Russian jets cut off arms supplies!

I thought the Russians said they would be destroyed in hours 3 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Let the Turks come to an agreement about Cyprus and the EU-recognized Armenian genocide and then the EU will re-consider their candidacy.
The discussion are still officially in progress but no real advance has been made since 2013.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So you are excusing Russia in advance?

No i am not. I am just not supporting the US supporting ISIL terrorists.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Hey! The Syrian Army just captured an uninhabited village yesterday. That's progress, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The United States is not supporting them. They were barely supporting the FSA. But you just keep believing what Russia's propaganda machine tells you to believe.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The United States is not supporting them. They were barely supporting the FSA. But you just keep believing what Russia's propaganda machine tells you to believe.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Why are things going so slowly? Do most European politicians know, regardless of official government positions, that most Europeans are fearful of a Muslim inundation from "European" Turkey?

Short answer: Erdogan is not to be trusted, he is actually very dangerous. He did nearly everything to secure his reign, many say he has already gone way too far.

Long answer:

...In light of these circumstances, Turkey’s open border policies, as well as its singular focus on toppling Assad at any cost, has now shown itself to be disastrously misguided. Not only is Assad still in power, but some of the same groups that Turkey had once indirectly supported are now apparently conducting attacks against civilians in Turkish territory. As Turkey also confronts the growing authoritarianism of the ruling AKP government and a revived insurgency by the Kurdish independence group PKK, its stability looks increasingly threatened. Furthermore, while there is no evidence that the AKP government had foreknowledge of the bombing, the fact that its leaders had been openly inciting against the HDP in the weeks and months leading up to the attack has fed allegations that they bear responsibility for the bloodshed that has now come to pass...
ANKARA BOMBING SETS TURKEY INTO UNCHARTED WATERS

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Can you post a source showing the Russians making such a claim?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Can you post a source showing the Russians making such a claim?

What's the title of this thread?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What's the title of this thread?

Do you think you are smart?

Then post the qoute from this or any other thread in which Russians say that ISIS would be destroyed in hours, 3 weeks ago.

Hey, let me broaden the criteria just to accommodate you.

Post a qoute from the article in the op of this thread that shows Russians making any claims about ISIS being on the verge of defeat.

Good luck with that.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join