It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of ISIS? Terror group 'on verge of defeat' as Russian jets cut off arms supplies!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
At that point it looks like the only choices are Assad or terrorist control. Wherever the West tries for democracy in the Middle-East, the result is terror control or warlord control, usually some of both. BTW, you're a Hound.
a reply to: Tindalos2013

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I don't believe it. ISIS is actually gaining ground since the Russians choose to call all the rebels ISIS.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful

originally posted by: drifter1109
a reply to: MysterX

Obama, CIA and military recruited, trained and armed ISIS. The plan was to have ISIS start civil war and overthrow Assad in Syria, but that was only part of the plan for ISIS. "They" saw a future of having ISIS be the go to group to blame for any thing terrorist. Any sovereign country that did not fall "in line" could be invaded by ISIS and hey, they had an excuse to completely destroy the country then. All under the guise of "helping". They had it all planned. And then...Russia. America wasn't wanting someone to really destroy ISIS. That was just hype to keep the masses happy while they supplied weapons, supplies and agendas to their favorite evil terrorist. Somehow Russia got the idea the Obama group really wanted these guys defeated. The worst part, those big bad ISIS terrorist weren't much of a problem for Russia. Of course, Obama group can't help Russia with locations. What if some CIA buddies turned out to be collateral damage in those ISIS camps? This has thrown a major kink in the NWO crowds plans. I say go Russia.

They trained rebels who then trained ISIS.

THE U.S.'S BEEN BOMBING THE CRAP OUT OF ISIS. DON'T GIVE ME THIS "America wasn't really trying too destroy ISIS." YOU IGNORAMOUS.

NATO'S been putting in all the work.

It is amazing that the Secret Service of Saddam puts an army together where 8% speak Russian and there are no people born in America but there are several leaders born in Russia (Chechens mainly), and people still hold on to the conspiracy theory that America "created" ISIL or Daesh as it is known to locals...

Saddam used to be a Soviet client just like Assad's father, the elder dictator. You all really forgot that?
Yes, it seems that a troll army is working their way - but additionally, there is a poisoning of minds going on. No wonder some forum participants who are not paid trolls just started to idolize a KGB elite leader.

Hitler could not have been successful without German radio, Bush could not have corrupted the West as deeply as he did without TV, and Putin is riding on the waves of the Internet.

You don't know what you are playing with.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

Stop the crap. Obama said he was supporting ISIL, i Guess this is very hard for you to comprehend... but suck it up.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Obama's handler's are freaking out they may have sold ISIS as a way to keep his poll numbers up until 2017 and to "bring freedom to the region." Let us not forget John McCain his handlers have also hitched their wagon to ISIS.Now that Russia is actually doing what the US and NATO were unwilling to do.I expect when the Syrian Army and Russia push them into the Mediterranean Sea we will have some seriously pissed off mercs who won't just be looking for their paychecks if they aren't all killed by then.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

north of aleppo is ISIS, and thats exactly where the goverments forces are advancing to relieve an besieged airbase, WITH RUSSIAN AIR SUPPORT

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Stuship

''I don't believe it. ISIS is actually gaining ground since the Russians choose to call all the rebels ISIS. ''
Yeah, where?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave
a reply to: DJW001

What's the title of this thread?

Do you think you are smart?

Then post the qoute from this or any other thread in which Russians say that ISIS would be destroyed in hours, 3 weeks ago.

Hey, let me broaden the criteria just to accommodate you.

Post a qoute from the article in the op of this thread that shows Russians making any claims about ISIS being on the verge of defeat.

Good luck with that.

link

ATS Thread
edit on 17-10-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Omg, you are not the sharpest tool in the shed are you.....

Even after reading my exchange with DW000 you still didn't get that what you claimed is nowhere to be found anywhere.

Sigh.....

Please provide the qoute that shows that THE RUSSIANS made that claim.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I don't know if it is a slip of tongue or a Freudian slip but it's surprising that the WH reported that sentence literally in its official press release :

Remarks by the President on Progress in the Fight Against ISIL

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: spy66

I don't know if it is a slip of tongue or a Freudian slip but it's surprising that the WH reported that sentence literally in its official press release :

Remarks by the President on Progress in the Fight Against ISIL

The only slip would be that he told the truth instead of a lie?

That is usually what happends when you try to cover up a lie. In the end you make mistakes.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

Somebody called the Express a decent source? Sounds like fun! Let me see...

Russian Navy ready to WIPE OUT Islamic State militants at any moment, official reveals

That's the headline, now to the meat of this 'article':

Russian warships operating in the Mediterranean can target the twisted jihadists if ordered by the high command, according to the Russian General Staff.

Colonel-General Andrei Kartapolov said: "Our group in the Mediterranean primarily supplies materials.

"For this to go unhampered, a group of attack vessels is deployed there as well.

"In addition, this group guarantees our base's air defence. We are in no way using these air defence systems against coalition countries."

www.express.co.uk...

High quality journalism, no click-bait whatsoever...

*facepalm*

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Please provide the qoute that shows that THE RUSSIANS made that claim.

The Russians are doing nothing to discourage rumors that Daesh is "on the ropes." On the other hand, they are wisely not making their true objectives or timetable public:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The Russians are doing nothing to discourage rumors that Daesh is "on the ropes."

Moving the goal posts are we.

Man, the standards you hold the Russians to are ridiculous.

I thought I already told you to not be pathetic.

Btw, what is your intention with the pic, what is the relevance?
edit on 17-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You are right on. When you stand at a distance and look at Turkey's position, the thirty plus "chapters" under negotiation for accession, against the background of the traditional European attitude to "multiculturalism" (i.e., "what's that?"), it seems clear that the real situation may actually be that Turkey will never be admitted to the EU.

Is that the conclusion that Erdogan has come to?

It might explain the increase in incidents of Turkish truculence toward Russia and Syria, deeds that appear to have been done in concert with the neo-con element in Washington.

Europe wants close connections with the Turkish economy, but Turkey itself in the EU would be very powerful, not dominant, but very powerful. Within a few years its population will surpass that of Germany, if it has not already done so.

Personally, given US support for the Kurds, I am wondering if, behind the scenes, the Americans and "Europe" (people like Sarkozy) have decided that although Turkey might be an awkward fit in the EU, two thirds of Turkey, or what's left after the creation of Kurdistan, might be a very good fit indeed.

That line of thinking so embodies the zeitgeist in Washington.

As a side note, from multicultural Canada, Turkey's treatment of the Kurdish minority is beyond comprehension. They have really set themselves up for disaster.

edit on 17-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Is that the conclusion that Erdogan has come to?

It might explain the increase in incidents of Turkish truculence toward Russia and Syria, deeds that appear to have been done in concert with the neo-con element in Washington.

Spot on, mate! Desperate times for Erdogan as his polls look pretty bad right now.

Europe wants close connections with the Turkish economy, but Turkey itself in the EU would be very powerful, not dominant, but very powerful. Within a few years its population will surpass that of Germany, if it has not already done so.

Interesting thought, good point. And yet right on the money again, their society developed during the last decades from a migrating to a transit and immigration country.
But population alone is not a crucial factor within the EU, the power of big money still prevails. And with regards to the economic turmoil things could happen rather quickly. There are tons of oppurtunities in Turkey yet to be exploited so to speak.

That line of thinking so embodies the zeitgeist in Washington.

As it does in the Eurogroup-Troika. Interesting times indeed!

As a side note, from multicultural Canada, Turkey's treatment of the Kurdish minority is beyond comprehension. They have really set themselves up for disaster.

Quoted for truth, this is a very long story and one that has yet to be solved.

Another point with regards to Turkey is their official denial of the Armenian Genocide. But if they get rid of Erdogan and start to address this issue, I can easily imagine Turkey to join the EU pretty fast. Even with Kurdistan. They could hold an referendum regarding their independence after joining, just like the Scotch or Catalan.

Just thinking loud, I can imagine your scenario unfolding as well.

Appreciate your input, have a nice weekend!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Wow! You jump on me even when I agree with what Russia says. I have consistently said that Russia will try to broker a political deal, and if they can't they will declare mission accomplished and leave. Daesh cannot be destroyed by bombs, despite what some people seem to think.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Wow! You jump on me even when I agree with what Russia says.

I reacted to this,

The Russians are doing nothing to discourage rumors that Daesh is "on the ropes."

Where did you agree with what Russia says? The original argument wasn't even about something that Russia said.....

You have moved the goalposts so far that you arent even on the pitch anymore.

Again, I ask you, what was the relevance of the pic? Looks like you were trying to associate the Russians with a civilian target that was bombed, even though that pic is from July 2015.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Since I am reasonably certain you will be back in a few hours I would like to point out that the image I posted was taken from RT.com. It expresses Russia's policy of making neither its timetable nor desired outcome public. This is their attempt to lower the goal posts. As I said, they can declare mission accomplished any time they want and leave, no matter what the actual situation on the ground is. This accomplishes several things at once. The relentless aerial bombing is as much to remind NATO of what could happen in Ukraine if they intervened as it is to weaken Assad' s enemies. Their official policy is that they want a negotiated peace that retains Syrian "institutions." In other words, if the rebels are weakened enough, they might agree to lay down their arms... provided Assad is not considered to be an institution. Putin would thereby become a peace maker who accomplished everything the West failed to do, including getting Assad to step down.
edit on 17-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
IMHO I don't trust either side.
edit on 18-10-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join