It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS left so weakened by airstrikes and desertion it could be destroyed in just HOURS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

Well, this sounds like good news.. at least for now..

Here is the news article:

ISLAMIC STATE (ISIS) is now so fragile that its so-called Caliphate could be wiped out in a matter of HOURS, a top terror expert said today.

By NICK GUTTERIDGE, EXCLUSIVE
PUBLISHED: 00:00, Sun, Oct 4, 2015 | UPDATED: 17:41, Sun, Oct 4, 2015

Western and more recently Russian airstrikes, chaotic leadership and mass defections have weakened the jihadi group to such an extent that it would be unable to repel even a small invasion force.

A terror analyst told Express.co.uk that the fanatics have vastly exaggerated their military strength and called on Western leaders to launch a co-ordinated fightback which would obliterate the hate group.

Dr Afzal Ashraf said ISIS has become its own worst enemy with its campaign of terror against the West, which has prompted an international backlash...

www.express.co.uk...

I'm breathing a bit better now..

The problem is though, that this is going to probably all simply unfortunately continue..at least we have some foresight into the future nonetheless, and as such we might be better able to understand what threats need to be unremorsefully contained..

We have many lessons to learn..

edit on 4-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
They should just pull the troops out and drop a nuke. Not only will that get any stragglers, but will also exterminate any others thinking that joining these isis slobs is a good idea

+96 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
They should just pull the troops out and drop a nuke. Not only will that get any stragglers, but will also exterminate any others thinking that joining these isis slobs is a good idea

A Nuke ?

That is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

+64 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
...2 nukes then?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I had to star that I spat my Irish coffee out
But no don't be silly!!.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

As a follow up article that could be the subject of an additional thread there is this additional information here:

www.express.co.uk...

End of ISIS? Putin 'sending 150,000 soldiers to Syria to WIPE OUT evil Islamic State'..

Although it's clearly better to be cautious with presenting this type of information, since we don't want anyone's hopes to become prematurely too high or prematurely too low.. that second article states the following:

Link: www.express.co.uk...

"The Russian leader is reportedly mounting an enormous military mission to take control of the terror group's stronghold of Raqqa.

The city is the self-declared capital of ISIS in Syria and is patrolled by as many as 5,000 jihadi members.

Putin is set to mobilise 150,000 reservists who he conscripted into the military earlier this week."

www.express.co.uk...

Hopefully the express.co.uk is a halfway decent publication source..in the meantime though, it just feels nice to breath once again..

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I saw a related article, envolving the potential collapse of Isis(L)

"Russia Claims ISIS Now On The Ropes As Fighters Desert After 60 Airstrikes In 72 Hours"

(Zerohedge)-On Saturday, the Russian Ministry of Defense said it has conducted 60 bombing runs in 72 hours, hitting more than 50 ISIS targets.

................. According to the ministry (Facebook page is here), Islamic State fighters are in a state of “panic” and more than 600 have deserted.

www.zerohedge.com...

^^Full Story there^^

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

I hope it is true but it will be disastrous for the USA if true.
Russia comes in and sorts out ISIS in three days? I really doubt it but If true.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
I saw a related article, envolving the potential collapse of Isis(L)

"Russia Claims ISIS Now On The Ropes As Fighters Desert After 60 Airstrikes In 72 Hours"

(Zerohedge)-On Saturday, the Russian Ministry of Defense said it has conducted 60 bombing runs in 72 hours, hitting more than 50 ISIS targets.

................. According to the ministry (Facebook page is here), Islamic State fighters are in a state of “panic” and more than 600 have deserted.

www.zerohedge.com...

^^Full Story there^^

You should start a new thread on that one mate, zerohedge.com is an excellent source in my opinion, and it would be great to see these types of developments posted here on ATS..good find!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Send me I wouldn't mind one more deployment to shoot these guys in the face.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That is suspiciously sudden.

I find it hard to believe all these fanatics are just going to come to their senses and disburse so quickly.

This isn't some kegger in the woods that got out of hand. Like these guys are going to be sitting around a BBQ goat 5 years from now and one of them looks over to akbar like "Dude remember that time we got wasted and raped, killed, pillaged and burned our way across Iraq and Syria?"
"Yeah, that was wild Bro. "
edit on 4-10-2015 by watchitburn because: spelling

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Russia comes in and sorts out ISIS in three days? I really doubt it but If true.

As a US soldier I don't really care if I do it or if my Russian counterparts do it.

ISIS needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth. No mercy, no trials, just dead.

People like them deserve nothing less than extinction.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Yeah ok. Let's not consider that they have dispersed and embedded their 5th column troops disguised as refugees all over Europe and North America. The msm is such a joke.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

We should be honest with ourselves and understand the intentions of the us gov. in this matter..

The usa has alternate plans in my opinion..and well we still obviously need to see how things continue to develop, causing us all to show caution while proceeding..

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree I think many do.
I just can not see why the USA and Russia could have sorted this and then talked about assad.
I just hope it all turns out okay for the civilians.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

A better way of saying that is "turn the place into a giant glass self-illuminating parking lot."

-dex

link   
As much as I hate to be pessimistic, I highly doubt this will be the end. I wouldn't be surprised if another terror group came in to replace ISIS. Even if the organisation is eradicated in its entirety, there will undoubtedly be someone else all too eager to pick up from where their predecessor left off...

link   
ISIS is an ideology, a religion, a philosophy, a system of principals and nothing can wipe that out.

Killing most of the adherents is just a short time solution. The Crusades will never end....In Hoc Signo Vinces....
edit on 4-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Bombs away!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

2nd

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join