It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, For The First Time In My Life I Am Ashamed To Be A Canadian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Danton

Here, here! Well said!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
She is suing?
On the positive side
she is already adopting North American and Western ways.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

HA! No, SPtothendegree, I am definitely not young. My bones and joints attest to it. But while there have been many times I have been disgruntled and dismayed about our political, legal (and foreign) policies, this just really got to me because it feels like some sort of Pandora's box has been opened. I fear for our future if we do not stand hard and united against this NOW.

Here is a short video showing how asinine things have become at Elections Canada. Sorry still not sure how to embed.

Man in niqab votes in Canadian election!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Ha, Ha! What can I say. You made me laugh when I feel like crying. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm Canadian, and as a Canadian, my opinion is if she wants to wear it, that is her choice. As Canadians we should only be appalled if she is being forced to wear it.
So if forced, bad.
If not, none of our business.
Not that it matters, cause Harper and his crew of dinosaurs will be gone in a couple of days.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Ha-ha, dinosaurs...
Kind if funny I called them.that, since the fundy freakshow doesn't even believe in dinosaurs....

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caroline13456
a reply to: gladtobehere
Our oath of allegiance states clearly that the citizen being sworn in must: 'obey the rules, laws, customs and traditions of Canada.

Does it state "Our oath of allegiance states clearly that the citizen being sworn in must: 'obey the rules, laws, customs and traditions of Canada and only those of Canada and no others on top of these or besides these?" As in to the exclusion of all other rules, laws, customs and traditions?

So In Quebec they speak French?

So no Canadian Ukrainian Festivals?

How are your aboriginal issues doing?

And, like others have said, before you go throwing your military and political muscle around in countries and regions that don't want you there, consider that the consequences of your actions displace people. People that our countries and most civilized countries are willing to give a second chance to.

So no religious customs or traditions are allowed either? Or does Canada have a national religion?

And so this women took what she viewed as her only legal recourse and choice to fight for a tradition she holds dear and you can't stand tht for some reason. Your prerogative. But I really wouldn't be all holy and mighty about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

France and Ukraine have both produce advanced cultures with benefits to the world through their greatest people and their innovations, I don't see your point. Some cultures are simply better than others. The aboriginal cultures actually have a lot of merits but they are a failed cultures and it's very important for Canada to learn from their mistakes. Despite any merits your culture has you cannot allow the mass migration of a foreign culture who is not interested in adapting and only wants to dominate.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danton

France and Ukraine have both produce advanced cultures with benefits to the world through their greatest people and their innovations, I don't see your point. Some cultures are simply better than others. The aboriginal cultures actually have a lot of merits but they are a failed cultures and it's very important for Canada to learn from their mistakes. Despite any merits your culture has you cannot allow the mass migration of a foreign culture who is not interested in adapting and only wants to dominate.

No, you don't see my point. But I see your bigotry and judgement.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You mean like the British empire?
Or you only mean immigrants, not conquerors?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You see nothing.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Oh, wait...after reading your post, I realise you meant everybody has to conform to your Eurocentric ideals because everyone else sucks.
I'm white European decsent and even I find that repulsive.
Thus country belongs to all of us, not just white Canadians.
Our two main languages are English and French.
The homogenization ends there.
All the disparate cultures here are equally valid. Telling them to conform in your context means be more white.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caroline13456
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

HA! No, SPtothendegree, I am definitely not young. My bones and joints attest to it. But while there have been many times I have been disgruntled and dismayed about our political, legal (and foreign) policies, this just really got to me because it feels like some sort of Pandora's box has been opened. I fear for our future if we do not stand hard and united against this NOW.

Here is a short video showing how asinine things have become at Elections Canada. Sorry still not sure how to embed.

There you go.

PS. I sent you a u2u message.
edit on 9-10-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Ok brainiac then why is everyone coming to European founded nations then? What do we have that they can't produce in their own nations if not our culture? Why are you so dismissive of our culture? The computer you are typing your nonsense on was created by it, not fundamentalists Islam or any other backwards cultures and yes wearing a burka is a fundamentalist religious action.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I'm not dismissive of our culture, you bigot.
I'm dismissive if your arrogant racist attitude.
People come here for a better life obviously.
That does not mean their culture failed.
It means they are currently ruled by a bunch of assholes.
Most of them would like to have stayed, hence keeping their culture with them.
So put down the burning cross for two seconds and try thinking critically.
Don't hurt yourself...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

If they want to leave what they left behind and embrace our culture I'm absolutely fine with that but our culture is better then theirs. Results don't lie. Maybe they don't have to give up all aspects of it but full covering for women so you can't even see their face? Yeah leave that it your ass backwards nation please.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If our culture is so superior, then why worry about a bunch of failed losers coming in and not conforming then?
We are so fantastical that we should have nothing to worry about right?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Not to mention all that wonderful stuff you claim we're responsible for?
Is that the stuff made in Japan or China?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

No idea what you are talking about but they came to us. We didn't come to them. Don't like our culture don't come here. Seems simple to me and wearing clothing that conceals your identity is a security risk regardless of any other considerations. Cultural or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

My god that infuriated me. Sure mounties look ridiculous already, but allowing a turban rather than the traditional garb... Stupidity.
They should have said yes, you can wear that turban as much as you like, but to see that on a mountie horse...nope
If you need to wear the turban you must trade the horse for a camel.
So sick of our values, our core ethos and traditions being over run and stomped on by ungrateful people.

Ive said it before, but what would happen to a canadian, heading over to a muslim run country, an have him try to preach his rights? Ya he would be beheaded in the streets.

Sickens me

edit on 9-10-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join