It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, For The First Time In My Life I Am Ashamed To Be A Canadian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Ok only read all the way through your post now and want to clear something up much to the displeasure of my country men. I'm Australian not American. I just like America and think they are awesome and Canada too. Most people here aren't anymore like me than people there are like me, I can assure you but that won't stop me speaking my mind no matter how many feathers I ruffle. I don't actually like the idea of us all getting along, any of us. As long as it is civil discourse, of course.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

I hate a lot of crap too...
But I've got less angry and more zen over the years.
I hate that #ty Indian music cab drivers play up here, but hey not my car, and I'm not going far, so balls.
I also hate hip hop, hipsters, and sambuca...but l dont let it rule me.
And certainly don't believe 90% of what a government tells me I should fear.
That's scorpion and the fox parable right there.
Especially up here where the RCMP is so desperate to appear anti terrorist they are setting up delusional junkies.
Ridiculous.
I refuse to live in fear.
Go hide in a hole if you like, but you won't live one moment longer...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

There Seems to be a Suspicious Trend going on Recently in North America . Elected Officials who Constantly Defy the Will of the People they allegedly Represent . Why do the " People " Allow this ? Criminal Acts deserve a Response from a Society who Professes Personal Freedom and Just Representation , no ? Solution - REVOLT !
edit on 10-10-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yeah well I don't live in fear of anything. Not sure where you got that from.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Getting along is the way to go.
We aren't Canadian, American, Australian, Syrian, or any of the other multitude of bull# lines out there anyway.
We are earthlings.
Everything else is folly.
We are all in this together.
And we need to start getting with that or we are going to be in serious trouble.
And I'm not even talking about AGW farce.
We have a lot of things lining up to take us all out.
We can't get off this ball.
Yet.
Til then, it would make hella sense to get our # wired.
As Rush said, and the men who hold high places, must be the ones who start....
Right on.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I didn't mean you in particular...
Just a generality.
You shouldn't.
There is nothing to fear.
Fear is pointless is what I was getting at.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
When the Europeans came to Canada, the natives worked with them.
When the Chinese came to work on the railroad, they were discriminated against (head tax).
When the Irish came to Canada, they faced discrimination.
When the European Jews tried to come to Canada, they were turned away.
When the Japanese went to war, we imprisoned all our Japanese citizens, but not the German or Italian citizens.
When the South Asians came to Canada, they also faced discrimination.
Now, we have a tide of Middle Easterners escaping war-torn ME and we are again holding our noses and turning our backs.

So... what's new, eh?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I don't recognize the policies of our traitor in Chief as functional. I believe he is using a Cloward and Piven strategy to attack the US.
If they wanted to establish an American presence in I raq we should have finished Desert Storm.
After the fact if you cause a power vaccum THIS happens.
Bush Jr was an idiot too.
WE have been policing the world and it is getting OLD.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
IM ASHAMED TO BE CANADIAN SINCE HARPER IS IN POWER!!!

CONSTANT WARS, SECRET TRADE AGREEMENTS, WEAPONS BUSINESS, DESTROYING THE FOUNDATION OF CANADIAN SOCIETY. HE'S A BIGOT AND A MISOGINIST.

I can't believe that people would want to keep that monster in power ONLY BECAUSE OF A STUPID NIQAB. WAKE THE F*** UP. You are letting FEAR getting the best of you and fear makes us do STUPID CHOICES. Harper is playing with you us all and I'm ASHAMED that it works! Are we humans or ANIMALS?!

I think I'm going to cry or trow up, I don't really know how to feel anymore. :'(

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Your morning smile: www.ctvnews.ca...

Don't worry... it's always darkest before the dawn.

(post by luciddream removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I agree completely. I don't particularly care what you wear on your head but in Canada no one should cover their face when out communicating with the rest of society. Go ahead and do it in your own homes.

For those who argue about the Sikh headdress, nun headgear - keep in mind these are not facial coverings and that's the whole argument.

I am outraged by the following - Canada is in serious trouble. This video is troublesome and horrifying. www.youtube.com...

Let me just add that I pre-voted today and I live in a very ethnic neighbourhood and it was a very insightful and lovely thing to see the huge ethnic crowds that got dressed up specially for their right to vote and to see such happiness on their faces. Interesting as well that I see many of our ethnic neighbours voting for Harper and I could be wrong but I have a suspicion they are not wanting the Liberals and NDP to allow the type of immigrants in that they left their own countries to flee from.

I have no problem with people with different faiths, cultures, etc - just do not impose it on the rest of society and expect us to cater to YOUR own beliefs when you come to our country. Go back from where you came if you feel you need to change anything. Otherwise, come on in.

This election is going to be fascinating and I think it'll have the biggest turnout in history.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

We are in the midst of an election..the people can make a choice..Conservatives on a human level crawled out of a sewer..american style right wing bull#..GTFO you have ruined Canada's reputation, embarrassed to be Canadian alright.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
I agree completely. I don't particularly care what you wear on your head but in Canada no one should cover their face when out communicating with the rest of society. Go ahead and do it in your own homes.

But full beards are OK?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I see your reasoning. Sure there are beards that completely obstruct one's face but you can still see the facial expressions for the most part.

And honestly, there is no such thing as a beard that grows from beneath one's eyes, across the bridge of the nose and flows downward in a wall. Come on now.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Frankly, if this woman wearing her veil or whatever during a ceremony is a big deal in your life, then I would suggest that you have very little going on and should maybe consider getting hobbies other than being outraged at what complete strangers who have no effect on your life are doing.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

I don't particularly care what you wear on your head but in Canada no one should cover their face

Does not compute. Maybe you care more than you think.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This thing reminds me of Kim Davis, I wonder if any of the people upset attend citizenship ceremonies..I bet not..people get over it.
I have to admit at 1st when the issue came up(long before the election) I thought..no they should be unvieled, some time has passed and I have grown a bit and have changed my mind on something inconsequential to me personally.
Also since the election the Cons are banging this divisive drum, sending out pamphlets about jihadi's and promising phone lines to call on your ethnic neighbors ..nope not crawling into the sewer with the Cons.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

To clarify: wear a hat, a scarf, a turban, a helmet but don't cover your face. Huge difference.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Why should we not cover our faces?

Is it not enough to prove our identity privately to authorities prior to the ceremony?

Glad the Supreme Court of Canada disagrees with the Harper Regime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join