It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What The World Thinks About The American Response To The Oregon Massacre

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You just had a teenager kill somebody in front of a police building.

With a gun.

Please read the entire thread as this has been dealt with multiple times already.

Why does nobody read entire threads before repeating the same points over and over again as if expecting a different result?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Why does nobody read entire threads before repeating the same points over and over again as if expecting a different result?

because there are no enforcing authorities in our homes making us read the entire thread, or even any part of it before posting.... as much as you hate us having that freedom.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Krusty the Klown
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And how many of those were "mass stabbings"? More than 4 victims of the same weapon.

How worse could it have been if the perpetrator had a full magazine in their moment of rage?

How many murder victims feel better about it if they are or are not part of a mass killing?

This is what i dont get man, the whole "it was 3 bricks to the head, 4 stabbings and 5 hammer attacks, all were lethal, but at least nobody got killed by a gun!!!" attitude, like that makes it worse somehow.

I dont get the mindset, but im not gunophobic so maybe that is why i dont get it

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

If this conclusion is correct why does Switzerland not have a lot of mass shootings?

Despite popular belief, Switzerland have fairly restrictive gun laws. All gun owners in Switzerland must be licensed and pass extensive background checks.

It is not considered a 'right' to own a gun in Switzerland.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Propagating more of your anti-gun propaganda, are you?

Failing to read the thread are we? Or are you willfully ignoring the fact that I have stated multiple times that this is not about taking ALL the guns?

Seriously, I have had to say this at least 10 times in the last two pages alone. PLEASE stop deflecting from the actual topic.

Why do you persist in willfully ignoring the fact that people DO want to take all the guns away? And ignoring the repeated comments that point that out?

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Again, YOU may not to, but that's not what you keep saying. You keep saying NOBODY wants to.

Which is complete crap.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Here in the US, if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

Except nobody wants to "outlaw" ALL your guns. Why must I keep reminding people of this?

Did you ever think that (just maybe) not everyone believes what you (or any other gun grabber) say?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Propagating more of your anti-gun propaganda, are you?

Failing to read the thread are we? Or are you willfully ignoring the fact that I have stated multiple times that this is not about taking ALL the guns?

Seriously, I have had to say this at least 10 times in the last two pages alone. PLEASE stop deflecting from the actual topic.

Have you ever read history? Do you know how many resistance movements helped turn over battles? What about a government collapse and social anarchy. What would banning semi autos do for anyrhing? So you know most mass shootings are hand guns? Most homicides, accidents, and suicides are hand guns? Do you know we have more guns than Australia has citizens? How do you recommend getting those off the streets?

Why doesn't Switzerland have the mass shooter problem ?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Despite popular belief, Switzerland have fairly restrictive gun laws. All gun owners in Switzerland must be licensed and pass extensive background checks.

Oh, you mean like here?

I have to get approval from the local and state police and be cleared by the FBI before I can get a permit.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00
God damn!!

"Young fella, if you’re looking; for trouble I’ll accommodate ya”

“Don’t say it’s a fine morning or I’ll shoot ya”

“Now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all… your fault, my fault, nobody’s fault… it don’t matter… I’m gonna blow your head off. It’s as simple as that.”

Just a few John wayne quotes

The Duke!!

Good man, great role model!!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

What exactly do you think your guns are going to do against Tanks, drones, rocket launchers, grenades, airstrikes and everything else the government has access to?

Who do you think fly those planes and drive those tanks? Our sons and Daughters that's who. Our military unlike yours swore to protect the Constitution not the Queen or other nonsense. not only that there are at least 4 times more vets at any given time than active duty personnel. So who do you think is outgunned?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I would have thought reduced murders would have been the desired outcome....meh, who am i to judge our crazy cousins?

And again, nobody claimed it would stop all murders or violence, just greatly reduce the risk of it happening

That is just the point....as shown by the sources I posted earlier....it has not reduced the risk of murders or violence happening at all...the tool changed drastically and the physical number of homicides went up.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, you mean like here?

I have to get approval from the local and state police and be cleared by the FBI before I can get a permit.

Thats also for handguns.

link   

link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
It boggles my mind people that aren't American bitching about guns and OUR right to own them. You don't hear me on hear bitchin about the bland arse food the Brits eat( Germans should have bombed you all with cookbooks) or the we'll kick your arse with a big stick Aussie's. We have the 2nd amendment and so be it. All the threads all the large amount of bitching aint gonna do a damn thing here in America. All of your countries have their own problems....so take some time & bitch about your own countries problems. Me I'm going out and purchase yet another firearm...Yea for me!!

If you dont care why waste your time on such threads?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Would you care to elaborate on why you don't believe the guns are the problem? Can you please explain why you totally ignore the proven evidence that restrictions on guns in other countries has undeniably worked?

Here, I will...

Correlation between guns and homicide

It's an unbiased and scientific source, but I'm sure you will claim otherwise as you continue to bury your head in the sand while trying to demonize a problem which doesn't exist rather than looking for a solution to the REAL problem (i.e. mental health and parenting gone wrong).

Firearms existed in the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, but mass shootings were virtually non-existent. So what's changed? The accessibility of firearms was far easier during the cited times as well. So what's changed? The ratio of firearms per capita was not dramatically different during those times either. ...So what has changed? I can remember walking into a local sporting goods store at 13 years old and buying a rifle and a pistol. No parental signature...nothing. I never felt like going and shooting up a school or people. What has changed? There were no restrictions on magazine size, no restrictions on age to buy ammunition like there are now. There were no background checks...NONE. So...what has changed?

I will answer what has changed, because I'm sure you will refuse to do so honestly. What has changed is the mentality of youth. Social media and the internet along with 1st person games have caused modern day youth to withdraw from society. To become loners just like the shooter who perpetrated this tragic deed. There are plenty more out there just like him, but you choose to repeatedly ignore this obvious fact.

You choose to conveniently ignore these facts in your crusade against guns. You are crusading against a symptom (a tool) rather than the "disease" itself. You will continue to further your agenda while the media momentum is strong, but you are wrong...as the correlation charts I posted clearly demonstrate. You look to take away what the liberal agenda has programmed you to believe is the problem, while ignoring the real issue. When you remove the tool they (deranged kids like this one) will find another. You choose to ignore this reality.

Stepping back a level, this is the typical liberal mentality...have the government regulate EVERYTHING. Expecting someone else to make life right, rather than doing something about it yourself.

Typical.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

because there are no enforcing authorities in our homes making us read the entire thread, or even any part of it before posting.... as much as you hate us having that freedom.

No, but thankyou for reminding us all that Americans live under the fallacy that they are the only ones with any semblance of "freedom".

One might think that reading an entire thread before commenting would be common courtesy, or at the very least as a way of ensuring that the response is something new and fresh rather than rehashing the same, already answered, topics over and over again.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, you mean like here?

In your state maybe, but you can still buy a gun without any of those checks from a private buyer, plus a lot of states don't require licensing or registration.

Either way, clearly Switzerland have far more effective regulations, yet they still have a high rate of gun owners. Which just goes to prove that no one whats to disarm America... its about the need to enact commonsense & effective regulations.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Why do you persist in willfully ignoring the fact that people DO want to take all the guns away? And ignoring the repeated comments that point that out?

I disagree with those people who say that also, I am covering both sides of that argument by stating that the topic of THIS THREAD, and the topic of gun RESTRICTIONS worldwide is NOT about taking ALL the guns.

I would, however, be interested to see you quote some of these people you believe want to take all the guns, as I don't believe that's been mentioned in this thread or any others.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Perhaps you should take your own advice, and read all the comments. Since many of your questions asked were answered by me and many fellow ATS'ers but you either skipped over them or conveniently ignored them because you have no rebuttal.
edit on 6-10-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What would be the best solution to ensure that the 2nd amendment rights of those of sound mind are not compromised by those of unsound mind?

Because every time there is a shooting incident in the US, the US government and career politicians get all OCD gun-grab and one day they are going to succeed because they will just wait for your children to get older and they will give up those rights through lack of education and Facebook and Xbox and not giving a ship about a SOLUTION.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join