It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What The World Thinks About The American Response To The Oregon Massacre

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
In your state maybe, but you can still buy a gun without any of those checks from a private buyer, plus a lot of states don't require licensing or registration.

Huh? You still need a permit even during a private sale and by law must submit the serial number of the firearm you purchased to the NICS database, otherwise you are a felon.

You should really learn what you are talking about before you post.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
We have a bit of an alcohol problem in the uk which is responsible for a lot of violence...

You ever think about banning booze? The small percentage of violent drunkards could be curtailed by keeping demon alcohol out of everyone's hands.

But violence isn't the issue here, its cold blooded mass murder that seems to be an epidemic in the US

The UK and the rest of Europe have many many social problems, violence being a big problem everywhere...but mass shootings only happen on this scale in the US of A

Can you not see this?...maybe the UK and the rest of the world should just arm themselves upto the teeth too and do what the Americans do...shoot 1st and ask later, then there would be more mass shootings outside of the US and take all the attention away from the US
Its not going to happen btw

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Did you ever think that (just maybe) not everyone believes what you (or any other gun grabber) say?

We have gun restrictions in Australia and we still have guns - just not powerful assault rifles and we keep the guns away from nutters. I would say that's pretty good evidence of it being true. Likewise with Britain, Switzerland - pick a country really.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: tnhiker

Responsible gun owners understand gun control, understand safety and understand what a gun can do. However, the problem in America, is personal responsibility is a thing of the past, and nobody wants to be held accountable for anything. I have had hunter safety course, gun safety course, and been around guns since I was 6. None of my guns have committed a crime, I haven't committed a gun crime.

Please explain what the average law-abiding person needs a powerful assault rifle for?

That is the point of this whole debate, not taking all the guns. Why do I have to keep reminding people of this?

Because i can first and formost.

But hog hunting, deer hunting, sport shooting, home defense...

Tannerite detonation.....because it takes a round moving at 2,000 feet per second or faster to set it off.

How else would i blow up a minifridge?

I think you just wont ever understand.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Why do you persist in willfully ignoring the fact that people DO want to take all the guns away? And ignoring the repeated comments that point that out?

I disagree with those people who say that also, I am covering both sides of that argument by stating that the topic of THIS THREAD, and the topic of gun RESTRICTIONS worldwide is NOT about taking ALL the guns.

I would, however, be interested to see you quote some of these people you believe want to take all the guns, as I don't believe that's been mentioned in this thread or any others.

Now you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You disagree with people who espouse taking all the guns.

And then ask me to quote somebody who wants to take all the guns because you don't believe that's been mentioned in any other thread?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Why doesn't Switzerland have the mass shooter problem ?

Because they also have restrictive gun laws like us in Australia.

Come on mate, seriously?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00
But violence isn't the issue here, its cold blooded mass murder that seems to be an epidemic in the US...

How comical. A little violence never hurt anyone, right?

Like other posters you are more concerened about how people become dead then the fact that they are dead.

'You can get murdered, just not shot'.

Hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Definition "Assault Rifle" - a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

Most of us do not own an "Assault Rifle". Sporting Rifles such as the AR-15 are not "Assault Rifles". AR - Stand for Armalite Rifles. Looks the same ... different beasts.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
We have thousands of gun laws on the books... Many of the things proposed are already on the books..

The problem isn't the guns..

And James whale is an idiot...

Finally every country mentioned on those panels have their own issues they should be worried about..

Yup, blame everyone and throw subtle insults at everyone and ignore the actual issue, the guns themselves and how easy it is to obtain one in the United states.

It's kind of true, the entire country has become delusional.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

Perhaps you should take your own advice, and read all the comments. Since many of your questions asked were answered by me and many fellow ATS'ers but you either skipped over them or conveniently ignored them because you have no rebuttal.

I refer you to this post I made several pages back, again which you clearly did not read:

A NOTE TO EVERYONE:

I am attempting to answer everyone posts who directs a reply to me but as the thread grows and more people become involved it's becoming hard to answer EVERY post. If I do not respond to a certain post it's not because I am being rude, or do not have an answer, it is because either I believe the post has already been answered in this thread or fear my fingers would fall off from all the typing.

Anyway, please carry on

link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Please DO enlighten us with suggestions of these "common sense & effective regulations" of which you speak.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So are you trying to claim that this Wikipedia page is incorrect, where it states that no permit or firearm registration is required by law in all those US states?

Gun laws by US state
edit on 6-10-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

We have thousands of gun laws on the books... Many of the things proposed are already on the books..

Finally every country mentioned on those panels have their own issues they should be worried about..

Yup, blame everyone and throw subtle insults at everyone and ignore the actual issue, the guns themselves and how easy it is to obtain one in the United states.

So why then with 350 million guns, the most current FBI report still shows murder and violent crime decreasing year to year?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
As a Mom, a gun owner and a citizen I am also "repulsed and confused by America’s inaction". We can't just do nothing, it's madness.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

But hog hunting, deer hunting, sport shooting, home defense...

All of which can be done with weapons such as those that are still allowed in Australia and other countries with restrictions.

Tannerite detonation.....because it takes a round moving at 2,000 feet per second or faster to set it off.

How else would i blow up a minifridge?

I think you just wont ever understand.

I completely understand the thrill of blowing things up, I used to be quite the bomb-maker when I was younger. I grew up though.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I did read it ... It is a convenient excuse. This way you can ignore posts you cannot refute. I'm just calling you out.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
As a Mom, a gun owner and a citizen I am also "repulsed and confused by America’s inaction". We can't just do nothing, it's madness.

Thanks for your input Kosmic
I am aware that not ALL Americans are opposed to restrictions and I am glad that some of you have the courage to speak up and say so, against the tide of opposition.

link   

originally posted by: joemoe

originally posted by: strongfp

So why then with 350 million guns, the most current FBI report still shows murder and violent crime decreasing year to year?

You are missing the issue.

Here is a list of 'mass shootings' in the United states in THIS YEAR alone.

Here's a quick figure, 296 out 365 days so far.

shootingtracker.com...

And the FBI cannot account for ALL gun crimes, they only deal with a small number and most likely are swamped with reports, those statistics you are referring to will only be 100% available in a few years.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

What do you suggests we do that would have prevented any of these mass shootings?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I would have thought reduced murders would have been the desired outcome....meh, who am i to judge our crazy cousins?

I find myself having to ask this question AGAIN, as some people insist on deflecting from the actual topic.

How many MASS SHOOTINGS have countries like Australia, with gun restrictions, had as opposed to America?

I'll give you a hint: Australia has had NONE.

I would say that's pretty good evidence of it working.

And again, nobody claimed it would stop all murders or violence, just greatly reduce the risk of it happening and to keep guns away from nutters as best as possible. I am getting a little sick of having to repeat myself multiple times on this issue.

And i will say it again, your murder rate is the exact same, so what did it accomplish?

The same number die, it is not a victory except you gave up guns.

Nothing else has happened.

Why do you think death by gun is so much worse than by stabbing or hammer or rock or brick?

It is still death bro, you did not limit deaths period.

The same amount still die, all you did was take all the murders by gun, and move them into the knife brick bat categories.

I dont call that a win, it us nothing but lost freedom because it didnt save a single life.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join