It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What The World Thinks About The American Response To The Oregon Massacre

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The issue you missed also is that gun also saved over 200,000 people every year in the US. It's just not sensational news.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: Kryties

I did read it ... It is a convenient excuse. This way you can ignore posts you cannot refute. I'm just calling you out.

Honestly mate you are so far off the mark it's ridiculous. You are grasping at straws attempting to vilify me and deflect away from the topic at hand.

Please stop the troublemaking and return to the topic. Thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am devoid of humor.

I thought it was funny!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

OP:
What the hell do you think is going to happen if only government enforcers have guns?

Why do you persist with the fallacy that this is about taking ALL you guns, when nothing could be further from the truth?

Will they play nice? Do they play nice now when you are unarmed? No??? If you play nice and admit to a not so bad crime and say you're sorry, does the prosecutor and judge play nice back? They put you in the big house if they can, just to make money for their mandated programs.
If there is a pill like in Limitless, only the opposite effect, you must be taking it.

The only thing stopping government already from committing their own mass murders are the fact that people are already targeting people in uniform.
If everyone was unarmed completely except for law bringers. They would bring that law to you using deadly force, then ask questions later. They already murder and maim the most weakest of society without provocation now, RIGHT NOW.

I have asked this before and I got no answer (unsurprisingly): What exactly do you think your guns are going to do against Tanks, drones, rocket launchers, grenades, airstrikes and everything else the government has access to? You're already outgunned mate, so the excuse of needing assault rifles (don't forget, nobody is talking about taking away normal guns, just powerful ones that cause mass casualties) is complete and utter nonsense.

How are just "powerful" guns the issue? I can't recall the last time I heard about a .50 Cal taking anyone out in the civilian area and THAT is a powerful gun. None of the mass shootings involved fully automatic weapons either, so it can't be that you are mistaking that for "powerful".

You call them assault rifles and you call them powerful guns.

So...we get on to the mass shooting in Oregon and I think you and others here have missed a very key point. This shooter walked to each victim and asked them a question before putting a round in them. Is a "powerful" weapon needed for that? He didn't walk in spraying the crowd and mowing people down.

The guns he had were:

9mm Glock handgun, a .40 S&W Smith & Wesson handgun, three other handguns, and a Del-Ton 5.56×45mm rifle

So how would banning "powerful" guns have done anything in this instance? 5 of his 6 guns were pistols which you have clearly said are not the issue. As far as reports, I am not even sure he fired his rifle as it was found next to a flak jacket away from his body.

So explain again how this is a "powerful" gun issue please? I would like to know just how many were killed with the rifle versus handguns, just to shut your insane rant of nonsense down.

If the majority killed were with handguns then your argument is null.

link   

Why does the average person need a car that can go over 90mph? Why does the average person need access to alcohol? Why does the average person need access to cigarettes?

I can make irrelevant comparisons too. If I want to go buy a high powered rifle, its my right to, as a responsible gun owner. Same as if I want to go buy an 700Hp Hellcat, as a responsible driver, it is my right. Can I kill myself or somebody else with either? Of course. Will I? No. Because of personal responsibility. Missed that point, as usual. All gun control or gun restriction advocates overlook is personal responsibility.

link   

I am aware that not ALL Americans are opposed to restrictions

You should be aware.
It is self evident.
We already have a lot of restrictions.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The issue you missed also is that gun also saved over 200,000 people every year in the US. It's just not sensational news.

You are pulling that figure out of thin air.

You want to know what has save millions and millions year round on this planet?
Gun regulation and control.
Want to know what has stopped an angst filled teenage boy going into a school and shooting up the place?
Want to know what has deterred many mentally ill and unstable people from obtaining a gun?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
As a Mom, a gun owner and a citizen I am also "repulsed and confused by America’s inaction". We can't just do nothing, it's madness.

Gosh, I just love it when someone makes a statement like this! (sarcasm of the highest order)

Why don't you just come right out and say it..."I already have my gun, so now I'm all for all manner of regulation to the nth degree!". I assume you do know the definition of 'hypocritical', correct?

Do tell us, what regulation beyond that which is presently in place would solve your perceived "inaction"???

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Want to know what has stopped an angst filled teenage boy going into a school and shooting up the place? Gun regulation and control.

Just like heroin control has eradicated it from America?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Irishhaf
We have thousands of gun laws on the books... Many of the things proposed are already on the books..

The problem isn't the guns..

And James whale is an idiot...

Finally every country mentioned on those panels have their own issues they should be worried about..

Yup, blame everyone and throw subtle insults at everyone and ignore the actual issue, the guns themselves and how easy it is to obtain one in the United states.

It's kind of true, the entire country has become delusional.

So why then with 350 million guns, the most current FBI report still shows murder and violent crime decreasing year to year?

You are missing the issue.

Here is a list of 'mass shootings' in the United states in THIS YEAR alone.

Here's a quick figure, 296 out 365 days so far.

shootingtracker.com...

And the FBI cannot account for ALL gun crimes, they only deal with a small number and most likely are swamped with reports, those statistics you are referring to will only be 100% available in a few years.

But you are missing the OP's issue.....he is referring to ONLY "powerful" rifles. I don't see anything in that report about the type of weapon used. Remember, the OP only wants mass KILLINGS with "powerful" rifles to be spoken of....

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

200,000 people may have felt threatened and pulled there weapon on someone. But, wheres the indisputable evidence that there life or safety was actually at any kind of risk in all 200,000 circumstance?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

National Crime and Victimization Survey ...not thin air. Any figures I pull out it would be fallacy to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If you really want to know how we view Americans and their addiction to firearms.. this sums it up perfectly:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We are pack animals in the big scheme of things,
so, yer a little violence didn't hurt anybody ... infact it becomes important in certain situations to slap someone down...just don't kill them

Its not being hypocritical, just controlled

ok, example...you disrespect my daughter in a relationship and you're likely to get a punch on the nose and sent on your way...Over the pond in the good ole US of A you just blow his head off with your 12 gauge ...hmmm see the difference?

No killings!!!...Why do you think it ok to kill someone that breaks into your home to steal your possessions?
Why do yanks think it OK to kill anyone at all, ever?
We don't even have a death penalty in the UK...for a very good reason too, way to many innocents die this way

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Want to know what has stopped an angst filled teenage boy going into a school and shooting up the place? Gun regulation and control.

Just like heroin control has eradicated it from America?

You are comparing something someone can brew up in their house theoretically to a machine that needs to be manufactured and and built from metal. Apples to oranges.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You should be aware.
It is self evident.

The Oregon shooter was able to legally purchase guns. Do you really think he should have been able to?

I just read an article about privacy laws keeping most mental health issues (even when there are issues of violent behavior) out of background checks. THAT'S crazy.

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
We have thousands of gun laws on the books... Many of the things proposed are already on the books..

The problem isn't the guns..

And James whale is an idiot...

Finally every country mentioned on those panels have their own issues they should be worried about..

Yup, blame everyone and throw subtle insults at everyone and ignore the actual issue, the guns themselves and how easy it is to obtain one in the United states.

It's kind of true, the entire country has become delusional.

So why then with 350 million guns, the most current FBI report still shows murder and violent crime decreasing year to year?

You are missing the issue.

Here is a list of 'mass shootings' in the United states in THIS YEAR alone.

Here's a quick figure, 296 out 365 days so far.

shootingtracker.com...

And the FBI cannot account for ALL gun crimes, they only deal with a small number and most likely are swamped with reports, those statistics you are referring to will only be 100% available in a few years.

You should probably bone up on what the FBI's UCR is and does.

No, they don't account for 100% of crimes in the US. They DO account for far more than "a small percentage" and are in fact not "swamped with reports."

Before making assertions about something, it's usually best to have at least some idea of what you're making the assertion about.

link   

You are pulling that figure out of thin air.

You want to know what has save millions and millions year round on this planet?

I already proved that incorrect pages ago with source links to Australia's homicide staying the same or moving higher after the major gun control regulations passing. Killers moved to different weapons. Gun regulation did nothing for their homiide rate and my sources are the Aussie government themselves.

Try again.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Not vilifying you.

1) We have firearms for self defense, sporting, hunting and on occasion maybe save us from a tyrannical government. The government may be outgunned. Go back and read my post as to why.

2) Most people here do not own an Assault Rifles. you can go back as read my answer as to why.

3) Our countries have different outlook on "Freedom" and "Governmental" powers. We will never totally agree with each other.

4) You Bland Food may have killed more than our guns ... Still waiting for your stats ....

edit on 6-10-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You should be aware.
It is self evident.

The Oregon shooter was able to legally purchase guns. Do you really think he should have been able to?

I just read an article about privacy laws keeping most mental health issues (even when there are issues of violent behavior) out of background checks. THAT'S crazy.

He was never legally adjudicated to have a mental deficiency and was never committed. So what law would fix that?

We think you're nuts even though no doctor has said so, so no guns for you. So now the government gets to decide who's crazy and who isn't?

We're going to force you to talk to a mental health professional in order to buy a gun. But I'm not doing anything to make you think I have an issue. Well you might, so think of the children!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join