It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fwd/Meme I received in re: Gun Control and Abortion Made a lot of sense to me.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: introvert
anyone who does not think like you lacks common sense and intelligence.

Yeah, I can't argue against that at all.

I admire your honesty, but I believe that is a naive way of thinking.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

neo - what is your obsession with guns all about, anyway?

Well here.

Let me say it again.

And i want my GOD GIVEN Rights to DUE PROCESS.

I want my day in court, and FACE my accusers.

I want my 'crime' proven in a court of LAW instead of the kangaroo courts of public opinion.

The second through the tenth extending to the 14th amendment.

GUARANTEE ME this right, and well as every other single gun owner there is.

I WANT MY DAY IN COURT with a jury of my peers.

My obsession as it was put is to be FREE, and not being held accountable for something I didn't do.

I sure the hell don't think I have to pay for the actions of someone else.

To me that is what real JUSTICE looks like.

Not what passes for modern social 'justice'.

But hey I am the 'crazy' one.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

While I don't believe it's as simple as that, I will say that you have a valid point.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But the preferred solution would be to get people not to get pregnant in the first place.

Weird!! ; and here I thought you were all about no birth control for women, and no sex-ed in classrooms! And sin and heathens going straight to hell....
All about how sociology is trash, and psychology is pseudo-science, and everyone who doesn't love "Jesus" is going to hell anyway.
All about God and family and keeping everything you have to yourself, and never having to share anything, and not giving two farts about how much others are suffering.....

o_O

EDIT: Ohhhh....I see. Now that I think about it: for you, it's all about the Bible says no sex for anyone except "man" and "wife".
nm then.

edit on 10/3/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I want my day in court, and FACE my accusers.

Are you planning on gunning someone down?
Why would you have to go to court???

But hey I am the 'crazy' one.

well.....I wasn't gonna say that, but...
okay?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: neo96

And yet a 12 year old can't buy a gun.

Talk about inconsistency.

The laws are full of inconsistencies here (in the UK) a 12 year old

can get contraceptives or birth control implants without her

parents being informed and yet it is against the law for them

to have sex before the age of 16 years!!!....

INCONSISTENCIES? LOL!!

There are NO inconsistencies in the Bill of Rights.

We just have inconsistent politicians.
edit on 3-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Way to miss the point entirely.

I am tired of having to ask the government permission to buy a firearm.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Most firearm purchasers, however, have to go through the process everytime. If you buy a firearm at a place like Cabella's, it can take well over an hour just filling out the papers, waiting for the checks, and getting all the redundant inspections of the paperwork and the weapon. This process is the same for every firearm.

So I, a person who knows nothing about firearms, could walk into a store, and walk out an hour later with a fire arm and ammunition, in most states?

Actually, I'm in California, and I think they require a gun safety class before you can have a fire arm, but I'm not sure.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

From a link neo put up earlier it said 87%approx. abortions are in the first trimester. That's actually pretty good IMO. Then again I thought there were laws to make sure it had to be around then anyway. But almost 90% withing the first 3 months is not bad.

Also according to the stats there it seemed like abortion has been going down steadily give or take a couple years in the 90's. But it's gone from a million and change to the hundreds of thousands. Still a lot but you have to consider all the people being born day in and day out too.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Way to miss the point entirely.

I am tired of having to ask the government permission to buy a firearm.

That may be so but what do you expect??? It's a lethal weapon. With today's tech especially. Scoped and ready to kill at far range. Like it or not nobody wants any old jackass to just be able to walk in to the local "Gun's 'n Go's" and walk out with a deadly weapon because he's got an extra hundred bucks and a chip on his shoulder.

Just look at the gun nuts who want to make a point by walking up and down the street in front of a school with a gun in their hands like he's some hero. He's not a damn hero, he's a doofus with too much time on his hands and something to prove. I don't want some numbnut like that tripping over his shoelace and shooting some innocent kid because he's got self image issues.

We are talking very serious deadly weapons. There is going to be some regulation. To think they will just drop all regulation is never going to happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If we are going to make a point with pics, here are a few:

Hmmm...seems to me the US has a very real problem that is hard to ignore.

Ok. Better access to quality care to prevent unsafe procedures seems to be a problem the world faces, less so for the US though.

Alright, then. Carry on with angry rants.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
So I, a person who knows nothing about firearms, could walk into a store, and walk out an hour later with a fire arm and ammunition, in most states?

If you are an American citizen, it is your Constitutional right. 99.96% of the purchasers never break a law with their purchase, too. We actually have a higher rate of proven and admitted deaths attributable to medical errors in the US each year than are attributable to firearms. www.healthcareitnews.com...
Gun violence in America is at it's lowest point since 1981:
www.factcheck.org...
3.6 per 100,000 people.

The difference, few doctors kill multiple people in a single procedure, making coverage of their killings much less dramatic for the media to blow out of proportion. Spree killings sell on the news, so we're having this discussion instead of having a discussion on the state of medical care in America which results in far more annual deaths.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
*I'm not the author of this quote, it's just something
I came across and shared. I wish I could take credit,
it's kind of brilliant. William Hamby wrote an article along these lines a couple of years back, but says this summary is not from him. Maybe it just welled up from the collective Internet hive-mind.*

The main text is an image, sorry about the word I would have censored*

My guess would be we don't treat them the same because every young man buying a gun is not looking to take a human life. Every young woman looking to get an abortion is.

The comparison is shoddy at best. Interesting try at a comparison, but fails at the very start.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That may be so but what do you expect???

The Constitution to be upheld and respected comes quickly to mind...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well here I am in a bind. You asked me quite firmly not to reply to you ever again, but apparently you do not feel bound to behave in like kind.

The things you really know about me or understand would likely fill a thimble, but please keep tilting at windmills.

We have had sex-ed taught in the classroom since I was there. It doesn't seem to prevent pregnancy.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The Constitution to be upheld and respected comes quickly to mind...

When that was written guns were muskets and they were more common than shoes for most people. Things are a bit different now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a gun control person. I don't mind guns. But the idea that in the world today and with firearms what they are today you can't expect them to be over the counter like buying a pack of gum.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay. I was just trying to compare the difficulty of obtaining a fire arm to the difficulty of obtaining an abortion. If someone can go from knowing zip about guns to owning one in 1 hour, then that's an easier process than getting an abortion.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Last time I bought a pack of gun, I didn't have to pass a background check.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join