It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fwd/Meme I received in re: Gun Control and Abortion Made a lot of sense to me.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I know it's wishful thinking. Things are such a mess right now and it seems the more divided both sides are the more they dig in and refuse to work together for anyone to benefit. That's never going to work. One side just stonewalls the other and nothing get's done.

I absolutely REFUSE to budge an inch.

Since murder is already against the law at the federal,state,and local levels.

Except when it comes to abortion.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: seeker1963

I know it's wishful thinking. Things are such a mess right now and it seems the more divided both sides are the more they dig in and refuse to work together for anyone to benefit. That's never going to work. One side just stonewalls the other and nothing get's done.

Which actually wouldn't be that terrible if nothing really got done. Taking a pause on making new laws is a good idea. The problem is that other things are still getting done. Just on the down low while everyone argues about big social issues. Meanwhile the treasonous little bastards are passing new stuff in quiet all the time without anyone aware of it.

So in my opinion we have to come up with some way that brings people back to the table without the chip on their shoulder. Even if it means we all give everyone something to make them happy.

Like children, just like you said. That's a good description actually. They are all like little misbehaving children.

The only reason we have a "DO NOTHING CONGRESS" is that we have a DO NOTHING PUBLIC that supports their piss poor behavior in supporting our Constitution?

How am I being politically biased when all I say is obey the Constitution? I don't give a rats ass if you're red or blue, OBEY THE OATH, and I am not seeing that!

I don't even care if obeying that oath destroys my life, but I am sick and tired of the division, to the point I have made enemies on ATS for supporting Trump! Why? I don't care anymore! I would rather see total anarchy than pretend I have a elected government that cares about my safety and life.

Hell, considered I am now hated by Conservatives and Progressives both? I am ready to die in peace! Our founders would be proud of me!

edit on 3-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: That your, you're thing as usual

edit on 3-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So in my opinion we have to come up with some way that brings people back to the table without the chip on their shoulder. Even if it means we all give everyone something to make them happy.

You did just define compromise the way it used to be.

Of course, when Bernie Sanders was talking about it the other day, he was talking about how he wanted to compromise which to him meant that he wanted to sit down and discuss how we were going to get that $15 minimum wage. So unless his true desired minimum is MUCH higher than $15, his idea of compromise "how do I get all of what I want." The real compromise is I get SOME of what I want and you get SOME of what you want, and no gets ALL of what they want, meaning a compromise wage would be somewhere between what Reps want and what he wants ($15) which means it wouldn't be $15.

So compromise wouldn't make anyone happy, but we'd all get something.

Thing is that we've gotten to a point where there are some issues it's hard to compromise on. I think a 20 week restriction is about the best we can do on abortion at present (I personally would like people to understand that prior to sex is the proper time for a woman to choose but you can't legislate that), but the left treats this like it's a horrible burden. The truth is that Europe is far more restrictive on abortion than most people realize. It may be legal, but it's not nearly as permissive as you might think.

As far a gun restrictions, the only real legal way to restrict ownership is to change the COTUS. Until that happens, ownership is a basic, enshrined right. And I'm not entirely sure how you compromise on that.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: seeker1963

Which actually wouldn't be that terrible if nothing really got done. Taking a pause on making new laws is a good idea. The problem is that other things are still getting done. Just on the down low while everyone argues about big social issues. Meanwhile the treasonous little bastards are passing new stuff in quiet all the time without anyone aware of it.

Like children, just like you said. That's a good description actually. They are all like little misbehaving children.

The only reason we have a "DO NOTHING CONGRESS" is that we have a DO NOTHING PUBLIC that supports their piss poor behavior in supporting our Constitution?

How am I being politically biased when all I say is obey the Constitution? I don't give a rats ass if you're red or blue, OBEY THE OATH, and I am not seeing that!

I don't even care if obeying that oath destroys my life, but I am sick and tired of the division, to the point I have made enemies on ATS for supporting Trump! Why? I don't care anymore! I would rather see total anarchy than pretend I have a elected government that cares about my safety and life.

Hell, considered I am now hated by Conservatives and Progressives both? I am ready to die in peace! Our founders would be proud of me!

I agree, screw the slow boil bs, let's just do it now.

Why keep waiting?

It isn't like waiting helps us any.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: olaru12

if you really believe that most conservatives think that way and are willing to white wash a whole group of people because of this guy who is CLEARLY just a jerk

Then id say thats part of the problem

You should know better then that Olaru

"White Wash"....interesting choice of words.

I base my observations on what I read on ATS. "Most conservatives" was a broad swath painted in haste I admit. "Plenty" would have been a better choice of words....

Take into consideration that my opinions come from a marginalized "people like you" perspective and it tends to be a little harsh.

Things might change if the rhetoric was toned down a tad. Or keep up the hate, I don't care. I'm just an observer now....
edit on 3-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Too bad everyone missed the author's point. Women DO have to jump through all those hoops, and more. Sometimes they have to drive to another state, get 3 doctor's to agree, go to multiple clinics and hospitals at the most dire time of their lives.

edit on 3-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

White wash is a perfectly normal phrase to use ... just like black hole. Are we supposed to now remove all color wording from speech to satisfy the PC police?

Really, and you want to know why people feel marginalized?

I am going to wash something and hope nothing falls into a hole now.
edit on 3-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There is more paperwork and more hoops to purchasing a firearm than there is to having an abortion. You've obviously never purchased a firearm from an FFL before.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

White wash is a perfectly normal phrase to use ... just like black hole. Are we supposed to now remove all color wording from speech to satisfy the PC police?

Really, and you want to know why people feel marginalized?

I am going to wash something and hope nothing falls into a hole now.

I am calling "PC PRINCIPAL"!

You won't get if you don't watch South Park!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The main point of that, is if hardline abortion opponents get their way 

"If"
The anti-gunners have already stomped on their 2nd Amendment and require background checks and make people pay for a permit for their 'right' to own or carry a gun.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not only that but I believe one of the west coast states (California) allows children as young as 12 to go get an abortion without notifying their parents. Somehow, I doubt they can purchase a gun ANYWHERE legally without doing the same.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And yet a 12 year old can't buy a gun.

Talk about inconsistency.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The main point of that, is if hardline abortion opponents get their way 

"If"
The anti-gunners have already stomped on their 2nd Amendment and require background checks and make people pay for a permit for their 'right' to own or carry a gun.

" shall not be infringed " = no infringement, period!!!!

Abortion is not a right, and a woman, a class distinction based on sex mind you, has more right to a nonright, than any man does to an enumerated and specifically stated " shall not be infringed " right.....

WTF?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There is more paperwork and more hoops to purchasing a firearm than there is to having an abortion. You've obviously never purchased a firearm from an FFL before.

Actually in many states the paperwork can be bypassed just by buying it at a gun show. Right now only 18 states require background checks at gun shows.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Abortion is not a right

Yes it is. And, the Supreme Court of the United States says it's a right worth defending with legal protections.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No, it's not. Please find your right to an abortion specifically listed in the COTUS.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Every single one of your rights are not listed in the US Constitution. Neither does the Constitution, nor the government, grant your rights. These constructs PROTECT rights, and SCOTUS has ruled that Abortion is a protected right.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Abortion is not a right

Yes it is. And, the Supreme Court of the United States says it's a right worth defending with legal protections.

Was it enumerated, and specifically spelled out in law, in speech similar to " shall not be infringed "?

Then why can the 2nd be infringed but abortion can't?

I'm actually pro choice.

I think abortion is murder, but also don't think it my place to decide this for another.

If she can live with it.... Well, that is on her conscience, not mine..... My oppinion should not rule all!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Every single one of your rights are not listed in the US Constitution. Neither does the Constitution, nor the government, grant your rights. These constructs PROTECT rights, and SCOTUS has ruled that Abortion is a protected right.

Sorry, you don't have a right to anything that imposes obligation.

Not only that, but the child also has a right to its life. Which is more important - Your right to murder or the child's right to life?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

The Second Amendment guarantees one the right to self defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join