It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fwd/Meme I received in re: Gun Control and Abortion Made a lot of sense to me.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: reldra

How about we treat WOMEN like Gun owners shall we ?

Federal background check to get an abortion.

Mandatory waiting period to get an abortion.

For every abortion she fills out ATF form 4473.

Then according to a given set of criteria of PERFECTION then she might be granted one.

How would people like that ?

Don't forget that their personal address may also be published by the press so that everyone knows who and what they have done.

Also need to get the local sheriffs approval depending on the state.

And verify that they are over 18 or 21 depending on what they want.

Also they would have to pay the ATF Tax stamp for certain types.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

To protest at an abortion clinic you should have to have a special license granted only to people who have adopted some unwanted child/children.

LOL I've said that for years.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
I still think giving gun laws over to conservatives and abortion laws over to liberal is a good idea. Normally it wouldn't be, under a functional gov. But today with things the way they are it's likely the only way you'll ever see any kind of compromise.

Maybe down the road when people regain some of their sanity we can revert back. But until then at least something besides fighting between left and right would be happening.

Problem is that it would not work. The very idea that liberals love is that they must control ALL things. (Or have BG control it for them.)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Is everyone who buys a gun committing murder?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

To protest at an abortion clinic you should have to have a special license granted only to people who have adopted some unwanted child/children.

This is quite possible the dumbest post I've seen on ATS, and just to show the intelligence of the user base it has tons of likes! The same logic as: You can't be against gun control until you've personally removed illegal guns from the streets. You can't be against drunk driving until you've personally stopped drunk people from driving home. You can't be against abortions until you've had one yourself. You can't be against police violence against black people unless you've personally stopped said police violence yourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Is everyone who buys a gun committing murder?

No...apparently only young men have the propensity for mass killing, though I am not sure what age range "young" is referring to. Oddly enough, the majority of gun owners in the US are age 50+.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Then according to a given set of criteria of PERFECTION then she might be granted one.

Actually, that sounds a lot easier for women than the current hoops they have to jump through to get one.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'm anti-abortion and pro-guns, but meh. I see the funny. S&F

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Funny thing about this comparison is that you hear the same argument from both sides.

If they can't get one legally they'll still find it illegally.

Abortion AND guns, you don't hear the same people railing about gun control admitting that, but they'll whip it out when arguing about abortion.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The main point of that, is if hardline abortion opponents get their way it will be all of what I said and all of what you said...though the consequences of the gun example have shown to be much worse than the abortion example. There have been more mass shooting in the US in 2015 (with 4 or more injured or killed) than we have had days this year. Np one woman does that at one time visiting a health clinic.

Here are better points:

1. You seem fine with abortion, when some people consider it killing a human (unborn child)
2. But you don't like law abiding citizens owning guns
3. Criminals are the ones that use guns the most in shooting deaths
4. Criminals don't follow the laws, so making new laws only affect law abiding citizens

You are all too willing to allow a corrupt government take the rights away from law abiding citizens while that same government has killed WAY more children and people. Their track record of lying to go to war is dubious at best, yet because you are brain washed into a liberal way of thinking you ride that bandwagon with pride and never flinch when it's time to scream about guns.
edit on 5-10-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Your oranges do not equal my apples.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Metallicus
Buying a gun...no one dies.

Abortion...unborn child murdered.

Yeah, same thing.

Buying guns, most of the time legally, has led to more mass shootings this year than there have been days this year...so it does lead to something more often than one would like.

Even with the mass shootings there are more deaths attributed to abortion...

• Some 1.06 million abortions were performed in 2011
• Women who have never been married account for one-third of abortions in America.
• Less than 1% of all abortions take place because of rape and/or incest.
Women give an average of 3.7 reasons why they are seeking an abortion including the following:
• 21% Inadequate finances
• 21% Not ready for responsibility
• 16% Woman’s life would be changed too much
• 12% Problems with relationships, unmarried
• 11% Too young and/or immature
• 8% Children are grown; she has all she wants
• 3% Baby has possible health problems
• less than 1% Pregnancy caused by rape/incest
• 4% Other

I think we can all agree that we do not want anymore mass shootings but comparing that to abortion is well, just not a good comparison.
edit on 10 6 1515 by amberinsc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: buster2010

Was there some part of FFL that you failed to understand?

Just curious.....Do you have fill out new paperwork for every gun purchased, or is it kind of a one time deal? Does your paperwork expire or need to be renewed?

Each and every time I have purchased a gun I have had a background check. I live in SC. Not sure what other states require.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ga is the same. California was easier than GA for a purchase, but exponentially harder for a CCW.

a reply to: amberinsc

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join