It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fwd/Meme I received in re: Gun Control and Abortion Made a lot of sense to me.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mOjOm

Last time I bought a pack of gun, I didn't have to pass a background check.

Freud was right!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

In what way?

If you are talking about the abortion being an invasive procedure that needs to be scheduled, well it would be better to treat it like the invasive procedure it is. I thought you wanted to keep women from having to resort to back alley abortions which is what the quick and dirty ones would be.

Buying a gun doesn't generally involved subjecting your body to a physically invasive and potentially life-threatening medical procedure. I would think you'd want to doctors to make sure they were doing it right. A perforated uterus is no laughing matter.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Freud was right!!!

Freud didn't design my keyboard with the "n" right next to the "m."

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

edit on 10/3/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I could also put this link up for abortions:

Source

So that is from 1990 to 2007, and per year. Taking that per year that is 17 years at over 1 million killed per year....I will round it to 20 MILLION aborted in 17 years. Let me know when we hit even 100,000 killed in mass killings in 10 years. What a stupid, ignorant comparison the OP source claims.

But hey....if an idiot draws a comparison between the two we should all take it seriously....

This thread was doomed from the start.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It also kind of pokes a hole in "safe, legal and rare" too.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The 48 hour mandatory waiting period has nothing to do with a perforated uterus or doctor's knowing what they're doing.

It has to do with insisting that a woman must need to "think" about "her choice" a little longer. Requiring counseling tells her that she's probably not informed or doesn't know all the facts about her "choice". Forcing her to endure an unnecessary and costly vaginal ultrasound, because the embryo is too small for a sonogram, and "they" want to make sure she see's what's inside of her in case she doesn't know, is another insulting reference to how wrong her "choice" is.

None of those things have anything to do with the actual medical procedure or the safety of the procedure. All those obstacles are in place to make it more difficult for women to obtain an abortion.

It takes a lot more than one hour of inconvenience, filling out forms and waiting for a background check to come through to get an abortion.

edit on 3-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

OMG! Millions of people that never existed....NEVER EXISTED!

Now add to that the millions of people who never existed because of birth control!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Man you guys are so uptight over there in the good ole u.s.a.

Lighten up. forget about guns, abortion, religion, constitutions, politics, celebrities etc etc.

Just stop being so angry. angry at everything and everyone who does not agree with you.

If you feel manly with a gun...keep it but throw away the bullets..... don't tell women what to do with their bodies, and if your a man and don't agree...its simple keep your pecker in your pants and it wont concern you. worship who ever you want too...but keep it a secret. don't tell anyone cause they really don't give a toss. stop worshipping a piece of paper. you could not even live for a week the way they did when it was written...things and times change. your elections are like a pissing contest..whoever gets the most money etc wins. blah blah blah blah.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

OMG! Millions of people that never existed....NEVER EXISTED!

Now add to that the millions of people who never existed because of birth control!

Hey...the OP is the one that made the comparison, not me. If you want to point an asinine finger then by all means point it in the correct place.

I was simply pointing out how stupid the comparison is.
edit on 10/3/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
Man you guys are so uptight over there in the good ole u.s.a.

Lighten up. forget about guns, abortion, religion, constitutions, politics, celebrities etc etc.

Just stop being so angry. angry at everything and everyone who does not agree with you.

If you feel manly with a gun...keep it but throw away the bullets..... don't tell women what to do with their bodies, and if your a man and don't agree...its simple keep your pecker in your pants and it wont concern you. worship who ever you want too...but keep it a secret. don't tell anyone cause they really don't give a toss. stop worshipping a piece of paper. you could not even live for a week the way they did when it was written...things and times change. your elections are like a pissing contest..whoever gets the most money etc wins. blah blah blah blah.

An amazing post.

Wish more people thought like you.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

The 48 hour mandatory waiting period has nothing to do with a perforated uterus or doctor's knowing what they're doing.

It has to do with insisting that a woman must need to "think" about "her choice" a little longer. Requiring counseling tells her that she's probably not informed or doesn't know all the facts about her "choice". Forcing her to endure an unnecessary and costly vaginal ultrasound, because the embryo is too small for a sonogram, and "they" want to make sure she see's what's inside of her in case she doesn't know, is another insulting reference to how wrong her "choice" is.

None of those things have anything to do with the actual medical procedure or the safety of the procedure. All those obstacles are in place to make it more difficult for women to obtain an abortion.

It takes a lot more than one hour of inconvenience, filling out forms and waiting for a background check to come through to get an abortion.

Well someone pointed out earlier that 90% fall into the category you speak of. 10% don't, meaning that they are developed. That is around 100K/year. Again, let me know when the number of mass killing victims hits that in 10 years.

Will say again....the OP comparison is asinine at best. And your arguing to the point makes it even more so.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yeah....here....I will make an asinine comparison as well. Combine all abortions since 1990 based on my link and you have around 20 MILLION. So that makes all women who have had abortions, in a concerted, combined collective, worse than Hitler.

See how that works?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

And to think the first 28 years of my life the background check never existed.

I wonder how Americans ever got along without it.
edit on 3-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yeah....here....I will make an asinine comparison as well. Combine all abortions since 1990 based on my link and you have around 20 MILLION. So that makes all women who have had abortions, in a concerted, combined collective, worse than Hitler.

See how that works?

Dont ever come to Australia.

www.abc.net.au...

link   

Those 10% are, probably, the only ones that you would actually approve of, because those late abortions are almost always done when the fetus is severely diseased or catastrophically deformed and/or it's distress is threatening the life of the mother. ...Self Defense.

edit on 3-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: neo96

And to think the first 28 years of my life the background check never existed.

I wonder how Americans ever got along without it.

I'm just wondering how we all lived with no seatbelts and yard darts??????

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Those 10% are, probably, the only ones that you would actually approve of, because those late abortions are almost always done when the fetus is severely diseased or catastrophically deformed and/or it's distress is threatening the life of the mother.

Got a link to those figures? I showed mine, now show me yours. Even so, let's take just 10% of that number....10 thousand...I will give you 90 thousand diseased and deformed and life threatening whatever. Let me know when the number of mass killing victims hits 10 thousand in 10 years.....

You can guess all day long at what they were. My point is the comparison the OP made was ridiculous at best. "Probably" doesn't cut it with me....factual evidence/reports do.

I can factually state that the comparison the OP drew is crap based on numbers. Drawing a comparison between someone getting an abortion to someone getting a gun is ridiculous. Not everyone getting a gun is out to kill a person. Everyone getting an abortion is.....and there are millions of them.
edit on 10/3/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

See how that works?

Dont ever come to Australia.

www.abc.net.au...

Why? I am not against abortion. I am simply pointing out the idiocy of the OP argument.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Those are your figures, taken from this comment.

Well someone pointed out earlier that 90% fall into the category you speak of. 10% don't, meaning that they are developed.

Doctors don't take late term abortions lightly. The further along, the greater risk to the mother.

"Developed" fetuses, meaning fetuses that are past 20 weeks, are not aborted without good medical cause. Most serious fetal anomalies can't be detected until around 20-22 weeks. Many women find out that their fetuses have some dire anomaly and choose abortion. Some decide to continue with their pregnancy anyway, and at 32 weeks do into septic shock due to fetal distress and have to have an abortion to save their life, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join