It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well now since we have more shootings and schools/colleges in one sentence, I'm assuming Obama will zip tie more gun control pen waiving magic before he leaves office and yes as of right now, people are calling for it
edit on 1-10-2015 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I know a bit about magic too
(being a pagan and all) However information is not knowledge or understanding, and certainly NOT experience.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If there is any attempt to take all guns by force in the USA, then they won't JUST take guns, they will murder people everywhere without provocation.
To the poster saying they should terminate anyone who is non compliant, when they get to your house, do you think they will not just shoot you for the fun of it? At this point, there won't be anything stopping a blood thirsty bunch of law bringers to just kill anyone they don't like the look of.

You will be begging for those still armed, to protect you from the "new" police force.
edit on 1-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Prayers to the victims. I believe the spin doctors are working diligently to make this shooting fit their agenda.
I love to read people's comments then look at their location. I like to stay out of the gun debates because I don't care to change anyone's mind and no one will change mine. I get irritated with the gun lovers because they make the same statements over and over, "better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it" etc etc etc. I also get irritated with the gun haters because they do the same damned thing. Bottom line is if you don't live in the U.S. your opinion of the 2nd really doesn't matter. You can post statistics all day long, guess what, you're still not going to change anyone's mind. Now that being said I am a gun lover and have had them for over 30 years and the funny thing is my guns have never hurt anyone. I do like conversing with people that have different opinions because that's how you learn.
edit on 1-10-2015 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: charolais

It was posted in this thread multiple times.
If you read back, you can see the sources.

Like where? I haven't read any posts stating that except yours? Not trying to be rude I am genuinely interested.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

I am all for gun rights. But with your example, i simply do not agree. On paper maybe, but in practice...

Well show me the structure built with the rock compared to the one with the hammer?

Ease. Efficiancy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying guns aren't still a problem. They are weapons after all. Anytime you have weapons around someone is going to get hurt with them. That is what they are made to do. If you had pillows laying around people would be napping more often too.

What I'm saying is that Guns are not the "Cause" of these events. It's not as if someone sees a gun and must go shoot someone. Certainly they might pick it up and shoot someone on accident or themselves. But like I said, that is what guns do, so having it around will increase that event happening. But it isn't causing it.

The cause is something wrong with people. Something is making these people want to kill others or themselves for whatever reason. It's not the gun doing that. It's something else. Something either in society, or humanity or whatever. Guns have been around for a long time. They have been used for both good and bad. But whether used for good or bad, they didn't cause the motive for those actions. They just helped someone actually succeed with it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
I know a bit about magic too
(being a pagan and all) However information is not knowledge or understanding, and certainly NOT experience.

That may be the key to it right there.

Think about the old story "The magicians apprentice". The master is away and the student gets a hole of his magic book with all that information in it. But the student doesn't have the understanding to control it. He can use it, but it gets out of his control and over takes him and almost destroys him in the process. Lucky for him the master came home before it was too late.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: muse7
Meanwhile Congress is focusing on planned parenthood, when there are innocent people being shot and killed in real life as a result of inneffective gun regulations that congress refuses to do anything about.

Talk about a horse and pony show

Seriously?

Isn't there a LAW that says x can't going around shooting y ?

Is there a law that made schools gun 'free' zones ?

Gun regulations is the real dog and pony show because they don't stop people like in the op.

Exactly my thought, "we need more gun laws" I hear...and I think riiiight, because Chicago, Oakland, and Washington D.C. are doing so well right? There used to be more freedom in what one could purchase, for instance one could purchase a machine gun or TNT without a permit, background check, etc. in the 1920s compared to the many restrictions and regulations we have now.
I believe what has changed is the value and outlook on life. Reality TV and social media has made everyone a--holes that do not care about anyone but themselves. Add to that a mediocre mental health system that pushes psychotic drugs upon people that really need help and some are bound to snap, and snap in a way that makes them want to 'go out with a bang'

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It is psychotronic mind control that could be causing people to murder.. satellite technology, nano- technology and neuro technology all combined.. he was probably someone with mental issues, bi polar manic depressive or schizophrenic, and probably on some type of medication..

see videos on psychotronic torture..

link   
No? And it seems that NBC News reporter Tom Winter, has been contacted by this same person.

link   
Name released now as Chris Harper Mercer

a1-images.myspacecdn.com...
edit on 1-10-2015 by sueloujo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No? And it seems that NBC News reporter Tom Winter, has been contacted by this same person, that's tricky if you are already dead.

link   
Apparently CBS has released the name: Chris Harper Mercer.

twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: chefc14
Prayers to the victims. I believe the spin doctors are working diligently to make this shooting fit their agenda.
I love to read people's comments then look at their location. I like to stay out of the gun debates because I don't care to change anyone's mind and no one will change mine. I get irritated with the gun lovers because they make the same statements over and over, "better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it" etc etc etc. I also get irritated with the gun haters because they do the same damned thing. Bottom line is if you don't live in the U.S. your opinion of the 2nd really doesn't matter. You can post statistics all day long, guess what, you're still not going to change anyone's mind. Now that being said I am a gun lover and have had them for over 30 years and the funny thing is my guns have never hurt anyone. I do like conversing with people that have different opinions because that's how you learn. Now when someone starts talking confiscation and termination they are AS BAD AS THE SHOOTERS.

I agree with you. I am not from the US -Canadian. I do not mind guns , they have their purpose. These threads just get so clouded with all the gun talk. I feel like Canadian gun laws, and attitudes, seem to create less mass shootings but I'm not a die hard on the subject. Fact of the matter here is if someone wants to create a mass killing they could use knives -much less efficient- or HELLO bombs! Anyone can easily look up how to make a bomb on the internet and with simple materials! The point is more about why and how to prevent, which is probably more of a mental health debate. Also since many mass killers seem to be on meds it seems the ball is being dropped a lot in mental health treatment, bottom line. It really does seem as if , in many countries, meds are being dolled out when these people look for help and then there is little follow up as their desperation seems to grow to an explosion with nowhere to turn for help.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The shooter: 26 year old Chris Harper Mercer.

Gunman Identified as Chris Harper Mercer
The gunman who fatally shot 10 people at an Oregon community college on Thursday has been identified as 26-year-old Chris Harper Mercer, police sources confirmed to CBS. The shooter was killed in a firefight with Douglas County sheriff's deputies, according to Sheriff John Hanlin. Mercer demanded to known his victims' religions before opening fire on the campus of Umpqua Community College in southwest Oregon, according to witnesses and authorities.

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 1-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It just makes it easier and far more effective or efficient if you will.
Reading some of the comments from some of the links in this thread make me lose whatever hope for the future I had..talking about scores and high scores..what a disassociated generation of numb f'ing skulls

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
.... it is been almost seven hours later and we know next to nothing. The local reporters are extremely guarded with what they are saying. I don't know if we will ever know what "really" happened.

I also think it's strange that no witness has posted any cell phone video, given how ubiquitous those cell phone cameras are nowadays. I suspect the Feds activate some kind of jamming device during the incident.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

It just makes it easier and far more effective or efficient if you will.
Reading some of the comments from some of the links in this thread make me lose whatever hope for the future I had..talking about scores and high scores..what a disassociated generation of numb f'ing skulls

Right. It also does something else that isn't talked about too often. It makes it much less personal. Shooting something puts you at a distance and makes it fairly quick and much less likely that you'll have a counter attack coming your way. This allows for the shooter to not have to put much emotional thought into it.

If you have to stab someone or kill them with your bare hands it's different. You're right there close to the what is happening meaning that your chance of getting hurt increases as does your emotional response to what is happening.

Guns help remove those out of the equation in a similar way that bombs and drone killings make it easier to kill innocent people too.
edit on 1-10-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chefc14

As a gun lover, why you think anyone can/should have a gun?

Why some gun lover like you, deny the "power of killing" of a gun? Like the argument : It's not the gun, but the guy holding it that kill.

What happen when it's kid that kill other ? The gun can kill anyone, and can be use by any humain with hand. 3yr old or 40 yrs old. Or even now... Drones/robot can use them.

I'm a outsider like you said
, i love Americain culture Musique/Video/Comics etc etc. But i will NEVER set a foot in vacation in your country because of guns accessibility xD ( You wont miss me i know
).

But as a outsider, it's crazy as hell. The love for guns is so weird + people deny it's power.

It's like gun are a "add-on" for you. When you use a gun, it's part of you. So if you kill someone by gun, it's not the gun, but the user that became a powerfull killer.

And when a 4yrs old kill her brother in house, it's a Accident... Not the fault of guns being so everywhere, that kids could reach them and use it like it's a toy. They will so much gun in their "environnement" that's they dont fear the "power of killing of the gun".

It's like the 2nd amadement, make the guns part of the user. So the gun, itself, is no more dangerous. So ANYBODY can have 1, for ANY reason.

And again, as a outsider, seeing that 1 of the reason to have a gun... Is to protect yourself of other people with a gun..... It's so scary. It's tell us how much gun is everywhere in your country.

Here in Canada, i only saw 1 hunter rifle + 1 handgun of a policer upclose ( he was showing it to kid ). In USA it's seem you get a gun at ur 3rd birthday just before entering pre-school ... (joking, but it seem so MUCH "part of ur identity".)

But yeah, coming here i will not change mind of USAer, but you need to open your eyes.

BUT at the same time, you have more then 350 millions guns in circulation xD.... You will never be able to control that, it's just so horrorfull for Outsider seeing you go right into a wall. Like you have the "Violence level" of a 3rd world country with a 1st world economy/cultural/army power.... It's just so weird as hell. Outsider can't be un-sensible to that lol...

It's so sad because you make great music/film and culture wise it's cool. But eh, i'm just here to "ventilate" lol. But i admit, USA will never change and each 3-4month we will have news all over the world of a scum low-life skinny/un-fit guy killing 15 people and more with a "gun". But the gun will not be the prob.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

If bullets were raining down on you would you stop and video it?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join