It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

These things happen in every generation. About 100 years back it was anarchists bombing or shooting world leaders. We hear about them now due to the speed of communication.

It is like the BS over the "super blood moon eclipse" being the end of the world. Its not, but people believe it is so, therefore it must be.

That's a good point. In fact I think all the media hype which is much more frequent now than in the past and especially the internet and all the crazy stuff on youtube and social media get's people wound up. There is so much information all the time now and a lot of it is just stuff that is there to mislead people.

A couple months ago I had a few people I know swear to me that mermaids were real because they saw it on youtube. Every few months there is some kind of new meme that get's around and whether it's true or not isn't what's important, but how easily people accept new and fringe ideas without any kind of examination toward if they are true or not. Before they even have time to examine these ideas it's like they just accept them and then get hit with more of them until they don't know what's real and what's not it seems.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Yurimaster
From the instant I heard the breaking news, I knew that it would be in a gun-free zone. It didn’t take a sage to figure that out.

Whats your theory on that Yuri?

Did you happen to see this article?

Common Traits of Mass Shootings

Almost all the mass shooting in recent years share certain traits that are exactly the same. This would seem to be a good place to start to find a cause to the drastic increase in these events. Here is a detailed list of those common traits, complete with sources:

1) They occur in places where guns are not legally allowed

2) The shooters are on legal mind-altering medication (specifically re-uptake inhibitors, like Prozac, Paxil, etc.). They are also usually seeing a psychiatrist or had seen one. Note: for the specifics on each incident, see the list below.

3) Almost never a known motive. When there is, it doesn’t make sense.

4) There are always unusual circumstances that don’t make sense and many unanswered questions.

wakefromthedream.wordpress.com...

For fact that most random mass shootings occur at gun free zones. To name a few, Military recruiting center in Chattanooga, TN, VA tech shooting and the Navy Yard. Second, most of them were on psychiatric drugs.
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: charolais

That Eggman guy already came forward and said he is still alive, and that he was the one posting on 4chan. He is not even the right age.
So - that theory is debunked.
CNN just did not catch on yet.
At least that is what I understand.

Did you get that info from the NBC twitter feed? Or somewhere else?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, imagine if these had gun LOL.

Be logic, it would be like 60-80 kill for china + 20-30 for the Australia xD.

Come on, use logic next time lol. + These event were rare as hell. Not every 3 months in the US of A xD.

But funny trolling, like when people use NRA propaganda like it's real fact or logic.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Someone said (perhaps you I can't be arsed looking) that all the information of humanity is online (not rally true but ok), and that we can access it all (also not true but whatever). Information is no use with out the ability to understand and use it. I could post a way of making a pharmaceutical, that most people could do, and would possibly blow something up (think how often meth labs explode? Its idiots playing in areas they should not.)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

That Eggman guy already came forward and said he is still alive, and that he was the one posting on 4chan. He is not even the right age.
CNN just now said they don't know the shooter's identity.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Meanwhile Congress is focusing on planned parenthood, when there are innocent people being shot and killed in real life as a result of inneffective gun regulations that congress refuses to do anything about.

Talk about a horse and pony show

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

I'm sorry but that episode is not very informative on gaming culture and the supposed women hating that's "rampant" among video games. it was ridiculous and it felt like they got their script straight from tumblr. I couldn't cringe hard enough while watching it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Rumors on social media suggesting the shooter was a lone isis muslim. Again this is a rumor only.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It was posted in this thread multiple times.
If you read back, you can see the sources.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
CCN are talking about "Video rant", so i guess the video we saw maybe are the guy/reatard/ugly-f*ck ?

link   
CNN really really really wants the shooter to be a Toby...anything other than a Mohammad or a Jose'.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

CNN just now said they don't know the shooter's identity.

Ya they have not said his name but they are quoting his YouTube videos and constantly saying he was "Egged on." I cannot get over that part, also because I think they are wrong to point towards this kid without even knowing. EGGMAN that is...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I thought about that too, but it is been almost seven hours later and we know next to nothing. The local reporters are extremely guarded with what they are saying. I don't know if we will ever know what "really" happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
a reply to: Stormdancer777

CNN is running with the description without releasing his name. They cannot seem to help themselves, if it was a horrible online prank implicating this guy-EGGMAN- law enforcement is going to look real dumb as is CNN. They should really just wait!

Also the CNN anchor keeps saying -I have counted like 5 times at least- the other individuals on the forum "Egged him on." laughable although this is so not a laughable situation.

Really meanwhile across the world Russia is mad bombing and this is all that is on CNN.

Yes, I cringed at the egged him on part.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Meanwhile Congress is focusing on planned parenthood, when there are innocent people being shot and killed in real life as a result of inneffective gun regulations that congress refuses to do anything about.

Talk about a horse and pony show

Seriously?

Isn't there a LAW that says x can't going around shooting y ?

Is there a law that made schools gun 'free' zones ?

Gun regulations is the real dog and pony show because they don't stop people like in the op.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alkalisunshine
a reply to: tiredoflooking

I'm sorry but that episode is not very informative on gaming culture and the supposed women hating that's "rampant" among video games. it was ridiculous and it felt like they got their script straight from tumblr. I couldn't cringe hard enough while watching it.

Yes I agree it was cringeworthy. I am not even a little bit informed on gaming culture myself but I could even tell the episode was cringeworthy. That's why I linked the article giving it a really bad review lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Someone said (perhaps you I can't be arsed looking) that all the information of humanity is online (not rally true but ok), and that we can access it all (also not true but whatever). Information is no use with out the ability to understand and use it. I could post a way of making a pharmaceutical, that most people could do, and would possibly blow something up (think how often meth labs explode? Its idiots playing in areas they should not.)

Yes that was me. By saying "all" I was generalizing obviously, but you got what I meant. Yes, there is harmful information out there for people to get and use incorrectly. There is also intentional bad information who's only purpose is to harm.

Information and even language is more powerful than people give it credit for actually. Words are in a sense magic. With them we have created an overlay of Reality that sits on top of what is actually Real. We live and think in a world of symbols rather than real things. This is advantageous in many ways too. We create things that have never existed using these symbols. We actually create new things that we imagine in our minds and make them real. But it can also be used to alter reality in the minds of others too so that what is real and what is not becomes twisted.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Weird country...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am all for gun rights. But with your example, i simply do not agree. On paper maybe, but in practice...

Well show me the structure built with the rock compared to the one with the hammer?

Ease. Efficiancy.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join