It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sands jailed for killing paedophile Michael Pleasted.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I'd say the 24 convictions were enough due process.

So how did it get up to 24.

And why didn't other parents take care of it?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

The act of revenge and punishment can ruin a lot more lives then may be realized.

Maya Angelo's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" tells her story of what happened to her in this type of situation.

Now after saying the PC thing, I too probably would not have been able to control myself, and would have gladly done the time.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I understand about calling her a murderer because she did kill a man but I don't think a sentence was deserved. The law is too quick to let people like him walk the streets or give those who have obviously abused their child get away with a slap on the hand. This includes CPS as there are far too many cases of CPS taking kids for no reason and placing them in a home where obvious abuse occurred. That, or they simply did not care enough to stop it. I am a victim of being molested by a family member (cousin) so yeah, I may be facing this a bit more emotionally than someone who hasn't experienced this. But remember, even the slightest sexual touch can affect a child. Those scars last for life, no matter how well the victim has dealt with the abuse. Why do they continue to allow filth like this man to walk the streets, knowing another child could become their prey?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The act of revenge and punishment can ruin a lot more lives then may be realized.

Maya Angelo's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" tells her story of what happened to her in this type of situation.

Now after saying the PC thing, I too probably would not have been able to control myself, and would have gladly done the time.

Killing a pedo save more lives than it might ruin by killing the pedo. Kill one and save hundreds or spare him and Doom hundreds,its an easy decision.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
No matter how one feels.

Even if they agree with her actions.

The LAW exists for a reason.

Obey the LAW.

Now if you want people going all whilly nilly thinking they are above it then you are creating a system of total anarchy.

A scenario where someone thinks you did something aweful, and seeks their own brand of 'justice'.

People we have the police, and the legal systems for a reason.

No matter how ineffective one might think they are at times.

It sure beats 'getting ropes and stringing' people up without DUE PROCESS.

No one will argue it sucks, and yes injustices do occur.

But what can happen when the rule of law breaks down is infinitely worse.

I can't stand pedos, but we have a system in place, and we should work on trying to fix it.

Before we take the law in to our own hands.

NO MATTER how 'justified' one feels.

I am having a real issue with this was his 25th appearance in front of a court on similar charges. If one of her children were involved, while I don't condone it, can understand the thought process.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

My question as well, what the hell was the court doing on the 10th, 11th, and 12th cases, this asshat should have been locked up a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Having read this there are a few things that can be stated:

Had her child been the victim of this man, then maybe she could have been justified. However, there are 2 things that keep sitting in my mind that does not bode well. The first thing is that this woman, acted as judge, jury and executioner. That can never be, as now the man, will never go to trial and will ultimately have no charges brought up to him, nor will he be found guilty or innocent. Another thought that I found here, is what if this man, despite his past, what if he was innocent of the crimes he was accused of? Do we now forgive her for the senseless murder of another human being, all cause of what she may or may not have believed as to be the case?

The judge is correct, this can not be either acceptable or the rule of law. Without a trial, where the evidence is presented and the person is determined to be guilty, it is just where the mob rules and someone innocent will end up dead, then what?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

Killing a pedo save more lives than it might ruin by killing the pedo. Kill one and save hundreds or spare him and Doom hundreds,its an easy decision.

I have a dope dealer in the neighborhood who is selling to 100's a day, is it within my right to gun him down. A true pedo affects one child at a time, but the dope dealers target them by the 100's, only way they make their coin. Where does the legal/vigilante law cross? I shot the asshat because he was selling dope to my kids, how far do you think that defense is going to take me?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

a reply to: boymonkey74

I knew a lady that came home to find her husband molesting her 2 year old daughter. She stabbed and beat him to death. She then called the police, told them to come removed the garbage from her house because she had just killed the son of a bitch.

She only had to do a court inquiry. They never arrested her.

This is how it should work every time a pedo is killed.

That is quite a different situation... that is not pre-meditation, it wasn't planned.. The law tends to forgive those acts far more than they do planned acts of murder.. if she walked in and saw that it would set her into rage, she would easily qualify for a temporary insanity plea .. You can't compare the two.

If I knew there was a pedo in my apartment complex for a while and I then set out a plan to kill him, grabbed a knife and did my own justice, that's far different than walking in on him in the act.. Know the law.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Having read this there are a few things that can be stated:

Had her child been the victim of this man, then maybe she could have been justified. However, there are 2 things that keep sitting in my mind that does not bode well. The first thing is that this woman, acted as judge, jury and executioner. That can never be, as now the man, will never go to trial and will ultimately have no charges brought up to him, nor will he be found guilty or innocent. Another thought that I found here, is what if this man, despite his past, what if he was innocent of the crimes he was accused of? Do we now forgive her for the senseless murder of another human being, all cause of what she may or may not have believed as to be the case?

The judge is correct, this can not be either acceptable or the rule of law. Without a trial, where the evidence is presented and the person is determined to be guilty, it is just where the mob rules and someone innocent will end up dead, then what?

Also exactly correct, a trial is necessary because that is where EVIDENCE is presented and that is precisely why a jury is needed for this kind of situation. No single person for crimes like this should have the right to pass judgement, for petty crimes.. sure, but for something this serious it's critical we follow the legal system, present the evidence, the arguments and make an informed judgement.

Imagine if you are the one on the other end of the spectrum and you were innocent? you would WANT a jury, an informed jury... that's why I love having jury duty because I would want the same if I was ever wrongly accused... I doubt this guy was, but that's not for us to decide... and it sure was not for her to decide... What if we found out he had some other sort of mental illness .. maybe he was treatable.. We are not the professionals, we cannot be the ones to swing the axe.

PS. When I say one single person for petty crimes, I'm referring to a judge.. and I mean things like traffic tickets.. yadda
edit on 9/29/2015 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

a reply to: VashTheStampede The act of revenge and punishment can ruin a lot more lives then may be realized.

Virginie has a very interesting idea about how rapist should be dealt with.

I think it is easy to see she still carries the scars of her ordeal.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well, people have been despatched by the law itself with far less evidence in the past when the law required that, and I have no doubt that there are people who have ended up in prison who had done nothing wrong. That's a serious indictment on not just the law, but people too.
This lady offered herself up to the law after the deed was done, so she knew she had acted above the law, on her own premeditated impulse. I think it was wrong, either the law means something or it doesn't.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is more tragedy, compounding the first.

Both did wrong.

I understand her motivation but cannot condone her action.

I believe the judge ruled wisely.

My son was abused when he was four (unrelated to this pedophile). I never faced his abuser, don't know how I might react and suspect that I would deal with them without compassion. But that is along way from stabbing someone 8 times.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Probably a belief in mental help that clearly didn't take.

And they probably just didn't have the stomach to take him out behind the shed..

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That is BS, I bet you have never been abused or love anyone that has been through the demeaning process of being abused or gone through the legal process only to be treated as the abuser in the situation rather than the victim....believe me if you were intimately involved your opinion would be greatly changed.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I would have stabbed him 100 times and not blinked an eye. If this had happened to someone else in my family as opposed to it happening to me, I would still tried to end this person with all my strength, as it stands they fled jurisdiction and continued their deplorable behavior in 3 different states, I only wish I had had the strength to kill that bastard before he abused others or that someone else had killed him before he abused me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You want to compare a drug dealer to a pedophile? Get real.
Hell the reason people do drugs is because of the fact they were probably abused. Self destructive behavior is usually brought on by being deprived of self respect which was more likely inflicted by an abusive deviant.
edit on 29-9-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: chr0naut

I would have stabbed him 100 times and not blinked an eye. If this had happened to someone else in my family as opposed to it happening to me, I would still tried to end this person with all my strength, as it stands they fled jurisdiction and continued their deplorable behavior in 3 different states, I only wish I had had the strength to kill that bastard before he abused others or that someone else had killed him before he abused me.

I fully understand.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

will be following..

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
She obviously deserves punishment...

This is where a massive chasm in justice exists. Incompetent and/or complicit social workers, other investigators who follow their training instead of using common sense, key people in positions which allow them the option of helping but carefully avoid helping. All these and others cause massively more harm than one hot-headed stabbing. What punishment or penalty do they get for destroying parts of people's lives? Nothing. They don't even have to give back their wages. Everything possible is done to 'uphold the good reputation of the department'. Frequently the whistleblower is made the victim of the investigation. Complaints about incompetent or crooked investigations are listed as the work of a troublemaker.

I was told by a senior investigator, "The reason it's so difficult to get anything done is because the system is run by peadophiles". Think about that. The system is run by paedophiles. Training given to social workers and police is ultimately controlled by paedophiles. That's why so much of the training is absolute crap calculated to crush the survivors and whistleblowers while allowing the perps to walk free and surround themselves with dumb supporters.

Perps in key positions have fooled a lot of people. People don't like to admit they've been fooled. Rather than admit to a possible major error some people will very vocally support the perps, which the perps are well aware of. Perps cultivate their dumbed down support systems and pretend they are the victims of some terrible 'allegations'.

Years ago I was talking to a lady who was helping survivors in the Channel Islands. She said to me, "You're about to see a story in the papers. It will say a disturbed young man killed an innocent old man. He wasn't innocent. The true story is that young man is the one out of many who finally took revenge".

A friend of mine was tricked into taking a man to where he was killed. The killer is now campaigning against knife crime. He's honest about seeing the victims apparition, hearing his voice, and the nightmares. That's the truth about killing. It never leaves you.

One way of dealing with a dangerous individual is to send the person who has most reason to be fond of the target to do the killing. That way the temptation to inflict cruelty is replaced by the desire to make it quick and clean. Cruelty inflicted for revenge is a corrupting influence.

edit on 30 9 2015 by Kester because: tense

edit on 30 9 2015 by Kester because: condense and clarify

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join