It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sands jailed for killing paedophile Michael Pleasted.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

It's never as easy or consequence free as we would hope for.

There are many missing offenders who were taken sea-fishing....... but it results in a terrible mental burden.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't know how to feel about this because I have seen many people say that people can't help who they are attracted to and they are 'born that way'.

...What the hell? You seem to be confusing pedophilia with homosexuality. Pedophilia is not something anyone is born with. Like any paraphilia it is instilled in childhood experience; in the case of pedophilia it only develops if they themselves are molested and tortured as children. The act itself is an article of transference, switching positions of the dominant vs victim role. It's not a sexual attraction, it's a power/transference attraction.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

...gone through the legal process only to be treated as the abuser in the situation..

This in my opinion is the most important fact in this thread. From this comes the lack of action over years which ultimately led to this gentleman's appointment with the point of a knife.

The system is run by paedophiles. The system is set up to fail. The system is designed to make the whistleblower/survivor into the victim of the investigation. It's difficult for the lucky ones to understand this.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I find craft work helps remove such thoughts from my mind. The combination of using hands, brain and eyes to create a useful thing of beauty effectively pushes those thoughts out.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Both are as bad as each other. Has the woman got any prior convictions. ? To stab someone to death takes a special kind of nutjob.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I know two women who stabbed men for similar reasons, both non-fatal gut wounds. One was thirteen at the time, one sixteen. It's true both are a little nuttier than most. In the case of the younger one many of us wish she'd killed him. He's a much bigger nutjob than either of them.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74Would you be able to restrain yourself faced with a man like this?.
I dunno I really don't.

Laws are for those with no ethics.
I do not judge and execute people.
Perhaps there is something wrong with me.

Since when are ethics 'conditional', when is murder ethical;

"Do NOT do to 'others' what you don't want done to you!"
(EVERYTHING in the Universe (and everyone), is 'others', and 'others' Is Self!)!

What, ethics are only as long as it 'feels good'?
Then it ain't ethics!

Judgment and torture and execution is what the insanity of 'morality' is all about!

That 'judge' sent a very nasty message in his ruling!
That it's fine to murder some people!
What happens when YOU make the list of 'some people'?

edit on 30-9-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss
Maybe we should all grow a set of balls and let the abusers know if they touch OUR KIDS then they will die. Some crimes deserve the death penalty. Even if it is mob rule because of the system.
Are we going to treat the rich and powerful abusers the same and attack them.
The world is full of abusers and most of them are in positions of power.
I for 1 would kill them all if they repeated their crime.
They are integrated into society because that is part of their rehabilitation process. They are put back and asked not to do it again. !!!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Not heard about this case until just now.
Sarah Sands 32 a single parent went to convicted paedophiles house to ask him to admit what he had done to some young boys so they would not have to go to court and it ended up with her stabbing Michael Pleasted (age 77 24 previous convictions) 8 times and she then left and told the police what she had done.

The judge said that she has been given the sentence by reason of loss of control and has been given manslaughter.

The judge added: "This was a case in which the defendant promptly gave herself up to the police in a highly stressed state, never disputed responsibility for the killing as a matter of fact, did not take the opportunity to get rid of evidence and demonstrated remorse."
She will be out in 11 months and I bet hailed a Hero by many especially the people who he has abused.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Would you be able to restrain yourself faced with a man like this?.
I dunno I really don't.

Good for herπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

If I could, I would kill and end those that raped and molested me as a child. 100% guilt free, believe you me
edit on 30-9-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD
Sorry for your treatment and put me down to fight along side you. You will need help to fend of the sympathisers who want to rehabilitate them.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If I ever get on the list of peados then you really have my permission to end my life as it is the worst thing anyone could become. So stop saying it is not ok to murder them as in most peoples eyes it is sympathisers who are part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Maybe if you did judge people like that then the world could begin to improve. You are almost compliant in it if you think they deserve to live after a horrendous crime like that.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Are you really saying she is as bad as a peado you idiot. She was protecting future children and judging a peado. Someone who has forced sex with CHILDREN. W T F. is this world we live in when she will be judged to be as bad as the perp abuser. I have just cleared a little bit of sick from my mouth at your suggestion she is as bad as a peado.

edit on 30-9-2015 by chewi because: missing word

edit on 30-9-2015 by chewi because: spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester
What thoughts?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I know this won't be a popular opinion but after reading some of the cringe worthy "I'd do this" posts I feel I want to add my point of view.

It boils down largely to don't hate the player, hate the game. For me.

People are so quick to condemn those that commit these acts/crimes and lament the scars and trauma that was caused to them if they were the victim of something similar. I guess I wonder why they're so quick to dismiss what may have happened to the people that do these terrible things. What abuse did they receive as children or young adults? Or throughout their lives?

After reading the... interesting things that victims of abuse would do to their attackers. I can only wonder what horrors the attacker themselves may have endured to make them actually COMMIT those acts versus fantasizing about it.

Well I know this is all just how I feel personally about it. I was never abused in such ways so I don't have that perspective.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe
I rather someone sell dope to my kids than fox them by force. There is no comparison. Murder is a crime but JUSTICE is truly wonderful.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I have even more difficulty understanding how they would be able to commit such an act if they were indeed abused an molested themselves. They would know the terror, the pain, the fear, and the scars that happen with being the victim of such an act.

Why would they want to put any innocent child through that kind of trauma? I could see them maybe wanting to take out their anger and rage on the person that did it to them, but to an innocent individual that caused them no harm?

I am sorry. I don't accept that as an excuse. I think it makes them worse, because they know the damage they are doing.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hearing of how some judges let offenders off easy. As is seen her a still penalty for her serving justice. Would bet they are worried she is going after them next.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I don't know how to feel about this because I have seen many people say that people can't help who they are attracted to and they are 'born that way'. Also, these people can't be 'treated' for their aberrant sexual desires which leads me to believe it might be outside their control.

Now, had this guy done this to my child I probably would have done just what this lady did, but I still wonder if they are able to control themselves.

I see the point you are trying to make but I believe your looking at it from the wrong angle.

Being "born that way"/being attracted to a particular gender or age group is different than molesting or sexually abusing a child. People attracted to children can stop themselves from sexually preying on them and if they can't they should be punished accordingly. They are aware that pedophilia is illegal and that they are taking advantage of and abusing a child who can't defend itself physically or mentally.

Trying to compare this to gay people saying they are "born that way" (if that is what your doing) is a gigantic stretch, as there is no real comparison. Gay people seek out legitimate relationships with other gay people. Pedophiles prey on young children for sexual release.

Also, there are certainly various forms of treatment for pedophiles etc. Whether they have any effect is a different matter.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

I don't know how to feel about this because I have seen many people say that people can't help who they are attracted to and they are 'born that way'.

...What the hell? You seem to be confusing pedophilia with homosexuality. Pedophilia is not something anyone is born with. Like any paraphilia it is instilled in childhood experience; in the case of pedophilia it only develops if they themselves are molested and tortured as children. The act itself is an article of transference, switching positions of the dominant vs victim role. It's not a sexual attraction, it's a power/transference attraction.

Well put. Im guessing your description fits for about 95% of all pedophiles. Surely there are some twisted souls out there who are legitimately attracted to children. Comparing pedophilia to homosexuality is mind boggling to me. I don't get the feeling that Metallicus was necessarily trying to be a jerk about it though. I can see where he was trying to go with it. the analogy just doesn't fit at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join