It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sands jailed for killing paedophile Michael Pleasted.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree with you...
But the 24 convictions...

maybe it should have happened sooner? If there were something in place for habitual offenders that I think has been determined that there is no cure for pedophilia...?

We know that social services and parole officers are spread too thin to REALLY keep up with those in their charge...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
i hope we all have the same opinion about pedophiles so i will skip all that and get to the point:
the judge said it best:
"There must never be the slightest encouragement for mob rule"
would i have done the same? maybe.
that doesn't change the fact that this sort of vigilante justice is not something that should be endorsed.
if you are asking for an emotional response, i find nothing wrong with what she did, that "human" got away with way more than he should have.
but to live in a functioning society we need to rely mainly on reason, not emotion.

Yeah.

In fact I think this judge was pretty sane.

He spared absolutely no thought to the "victim" who lets me honest doesn't deserve even a thought. He was just concerned with preserving order.

In some ways it just makes the pedo death even more meaningless

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Not heard about this case until just now.
Sarah Sands 32 a single parent went to convicted paedophiles house to ask him to admit what he had done to some young boys so they would not have to go to court and it ended up with her stabbing Michael Pleasted (age 77 24 previous convictions) 8 times and she then left and told the police what she had done.

The judge said that she has been given the sentence by reason of loss of control and has been given manslaughter.

The judge added: "This was a case in which the defendant promptly gave herself up to the police in a highly stressed state, never disputed responsibility for the killing as a matter of fact, did not take the opportunity to get rid of evidence and demonstrated remorse."
She will be out in 11 months and I bet hailed a Hero by many especially the people who he has abused.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Would you be able to restrain yourself faced with a man like this?.
I dunno I really don't.

I'd have killed the pedo too if it touched my family. I would have put a lot of planning into it though so I would not leave a trail of evidence, same story if someone raped one of my family members. It is too bad this kind of thing doesn't happen more often so sick people like this would stop touching other people kids.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
No matter how one feels.

Even if they agree with her actions.

The LAW exists for a reason.

Obey the LAW.

Now if you want people going all whilly nilly thinking they are above it then you are creating a system of total anarchy.

A scenario where someone thinks you did something aweful, and seeks their own brand of 'justice'.

People we have the police, and the legal systems for a reason.

No matter how ineffective one might think they are at times.

It sure beats 'getting ropes and stringing' people up without DUE PROCESS.

No one will argue it sucks, and yes injustices do occur.

But what can happen when the rule of law breaks down is infinitely worse.

I can't stand pedos, but we have a system in place, and we should work on trying to fix it.

Before we take the law in to our own hands.

NO MATTER how 'justified' one feels.

O god I agree with you....................

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You dont get to judge, if i kill someone in revenge for killing another, i should be jailed.

Soon as the mob mentality breaks out, it will be the end of humanity.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder.
edit on 9/29/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Maybe she thought about what would happen to her.
Maybe she felt is was worth it.

Maybe she knew the old adage "don't do the crime if you can't do the time".
Maybe she had plans in place for her children (parents, etc.)
Maybe time will tell...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
You dont get to judge, if i kill someone in revenge for killing another, i should be jailed.

When some is raped or pedoed, and the offender is thrown in prison and released later to commit the same crimes that got him into the slammer is not justice. If you ruin someone else's life especially from an early age such as child you deserve to die immediately at minimum. Regardless of how you or anybody else feels about it if someone wrongs my family in such a way I will put an end to them no matter who they are.
edit on 29-9-2015 by VashTheStampede because: Added extra info

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

edit on 29-9-2015 by VashTheStampede because: Double post

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yup we gotta have laws.
Pity Kim Davies didn't follow your point

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yup we gotta have laws.
Pity Kim Davies didn't follow your point

That is not even in the same ball park as your op.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

And that's how you handle that.

She fell on her sword (or he did I suppose) and, it seems, at least got a shortened sentence.

On the face of it, it sounds like the closest thing to justifiable homicide I can think of.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

I agree.. mob rule is a very dangerous thing, even if it's vigilantism for a heinous crime.. Everyone deserves a fair trial and to be sentenced by a jury of their peers. What he's done is horrible and the law needs to be such that he gets the appropriate justice.

I also agree with what I've read in other replies.. She could have gotten a MUCH harsher sentence, she committed pre-meditated murder, regardless of her motivations.. We can't allow one person to commit pre-meditated murder and go free and not another regardless of their reasoning.

Of course if it were my own child, I would probably have done the same.. however, I would have done it fully expecting the maximum punishment for my crime.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

And that's how you handle that.

She fell on her sword (or he did I suppose) and, it seems, at least got a shortened sentence.

On the face of it, it sounds like the closest thing to justifiable homicide I can think of.

Yup.

she broke the law.

She got fairly punished.

But she could be out on parole in 11 months the judge said. She still has a long life ahead of her. The judge and CPS gave her a lot of slack.

edit on 29-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Having a joke dude
But the law has to be absolute hasn't it?.
I do agree with your post but you can not pick and choose can you? you break the law you pay for what you have done.
It can be argued that the judge has been very kind to the lady I mean she went in with a knife, just attempting to see and understand the difference in ethics and morality.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.

This pretty much sums the topic up for me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Not a day goes by where I do not fantasize about the things I would do to my abuser...I had to spend many years to overcome the hatred and anger and yet I still wish, hope and pray for their demise to be a slow and painful one, regardless of who carries out the punishment, me I would like to tie him down and strip his hair off with sand paper, cut his testicles off and gag him with them and staple his mouth shut, then pour salt and honey all over his body while the ants and spiders feast, hang him upside down so he drains, then drop him in a cold vat of ice to shock him if he is still alive and then finish him off with an acid bath followed by a 1500 degree fire.

that's horrific what happened to you, I hope you are able to move forward, and not let it affect your future relationships with men. as a man, I can't even imagine ever doing that to someone.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think there is only one acceptable punishment for pedophilia that is acted upon, and that is execution.

The state didnt have the gumption to do it, but this woman did.

Good for her.

The world is a better place.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
No matter how one feels.

Even if they agree with her actions.

The LAW exists for a reason.

Obey the LAW.

Now if you want people going all whilly nilly thinking they are above it then you are creating a system of total anarchy.

A scenario where someone thinks you did something aweful, and seeks their own brand of 'justice'.

People we have the police, and the legal systems for a reason.

No matter how ineffective one might think they are at times.

It sure beats 'getting ropes and stringing' people up without DUE PROCESS.

No one will argue it sucks, and yes injustices do occur.

But what can happen when the rule of law breaks down is infinitely worse.

I can't stand pedos, but we have a system in place, and we should work on trying to fix it.

Before we take the law in to our own hands.

NO MATTER how 'justified' one feels.

I'd say the 24 convictions were enough due process.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I knew a lady that came home to find her husband molesting her 2 year old daughter. She stabbed and beat him to death. She then called the police, told them to come removed the garbage from her house because she had just killed the son of a bitch.

She only had to do a court inquiry. They never arrested her.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I knew a lady that came home to find her husband molesting her 2 year old daughter. She stabbed and beat him to death. She then called the police, told them to come removed the garbage from her house because she had just killed the son of a bitch.

She only had to do a court inquiry. They never arrested her.

This is how it should work every time a pedo is killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join