It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: SPECULUM

So you are saying that gay people can overcome genetics, chemical imbalances, hormones and what not? That's not a easy task.
Everyone has a Choice..Unless you were born in a Coma

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Based on these observations, it is clear that "bestiality" is also a normal behavior pattern, and we should introduce laws protecting the human animal lovers, given the clear and unequivocal evidence that it occurs in nature.

A member said homosexuality doesn't exist in the animal kingdom. We showed that's false. You said homosexuality only existed among male animals. We showed that's false. It's innate in nature. The evidence is there among the animals [including the Human animal]. Obviously the fact it can be shown to exist in other mammals demonstrates it's not just something humans choose. We are discussing choice. That's the context. This in no way translates to us saying any action done by other animals should be permissible among humans. You need to familiarize yourself with logical fallacies.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So you're suggesting people can consciously control their neurochemistry?.....

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

sigh, let us just agree we cannot determine the origin of homosexuality..

As I said many pages ago...

Who really cares?

Sure we know male bears like to please one another etc. and penguins are different yet we are human beings If your born attracted to the same sex so be it..

Do I think it is normal, NO considering the majority of our species are not homosexual. Yet that does not make homosexuals not normal just different I guess. I just do not think it can be normalized and again it is not that important.. We are talking about sexual orientation..

We have much bigger concerns in our society and in the world..

It truly is no ones business.

Now don't start discussing this with me anymore.. I think this is a pretty down to earth analysis.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

So you're suggesting people can consciously control their neurochemistry?.....

Unless they are mindless animals?....Yes

Are Homosexuals Mindless Animals, with no Self Control?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

If you don't want replies to your posts then why are you posting?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Still waiting on your evidence that homosexuality can be 'fixed' with 'chemical therapy'.

Now I'd like to see your evidence that we can consciously control said chemical basis for homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

trying to have a mature conversation is all.. What is left to reply to me about? That is my stance. Just respect it.. Appreciate the fact I tried to understand I suppose. I suppose anyone can throw monkey doo doo at it and use it as a catalyst to carry on further, yet I think it is a pretty down to earth understanding.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

We do see it in the Animal Kingdom my friend.

Strange enough, only among male animals though.

No female animals, other than humans, have ever been found to exhibit same sex relations.

Funny, huh?

I myself have seen male dogs jump on other male dogs. But, female dogs are uninterested in other females.

So, there's at least one unique thing about humans: women do it too!

That is because they are not sexually interested in each other (when it comes to male dogs, don't know how it works with other animals). It's a dominance thing, just like with humans when it comes to rape and sex/rape in prisons.
A male dog will hump you, not necessarily because they are sexually interested in you, but because they try to dominate you. Female dogs do not do this.

Which, in my opinion, means there are no homosexual animals. Feel free to post proof to the contrary. Please do not use wikipedia as a source, the information can come from a 2 year old boy/girl. Looked at the other source as well. No proof was given.

Note: I do not relate homosexuals to rapists. Humans are more complex, even though we do some of the same things as other animals do.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

But I don't really understand your stance. You said homosexuality is not normal, then you said it is normal but it's different.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I don't think humans should look at animals at all to determine acceptable human behavior. Why would you look to a less intelligent species to see what to do? It's like asking a 5 year old for dating advice.

Right. We look at less intelligent species to determine what NOT to do.

We don't want to be like them. Just because its natural for them, it doesn't mean it should be natural for us.

We have to rise above our animal nature.

We have to understand what the genetic apparatus is for, what it does, and how it should be used.

Animals don't know any better.

They don't study medicine, and biology, and physiology, etc..

Animals don't care.

If it feels good, it's an animal right.

But, humans are different.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: AMPTAH

These birds are not trying to have sex with each other, however. They are friends, just like people form good friendships unrelated to sexual activity.

You have an excuse for everything, don't you?

How do you know what these two cows are thinking or feeling or doing?

How do you know? Can you read their minds?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

Which, in my opinion, means there are no homosexual animals. Feel free to post proof to the contrary. Please do not use wikipedia as a source, the information can come from a 2 year old boy/girl. Looked at the other source as well. No proof was given.

An example:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Proofs have been posted many times all over ATS. It's a simple research. You'd be surprised.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Right. We look at less intelligent species to determine what NOT to do.

Um. What???

We look at ourselves and we use intelligence.

Anyway why do you deliberately ignore the point? Homosexuality IS natural in the animal kingdom, including ourselves.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I just read in Yale Scientific Magazine [a publication from Yale University] that homosexuality has been observed in over 450 animal species.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why is that at straight bars and pubs fights always break out yet at gay places there's never a murmur? Football is predominantly straight yet it's marred with violent, racist drunks. ISIS is straight. The Nazis were straight. Why do so many gays go into the caring professions and become eminently qualified and respected doctors and nurses? Why are homosexuals so much more into raising money for charity? If being gay is a choice then it would seem to me to be the better one than being straight from a historical and sociological point of view. Why be straight?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

An example:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Proofs have been posted many times all over ATS. It's a simple research. You'd be surprised.

That is not proof. They did not offer any proof that these male penguins (and I have to say there are no proof that they actually are a pair) enjoy sex with each other. If this "gay penguin pair" does not, then they are simply friends.
If you have a best friend (which you do not have sex with) and you are sharing the house, would you consider yourself to be gay?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLamb
Why is that at straight bars and pubs fights always break out yet at gay places there's never a murmur? Football is predominantly straight yet it's marred with violent, racist drunks. ISIS is straight. The Nazis were straight. Why do so many gays go into the caring professions and become eminently qualified and respected doctors and nurses? Why are homosexuals so much more into raising money for charity? If being gay is a choice then it would seem to me to be the better one than being straight from a historical and sociological point of view. Why be straight?

If there were no straight people, you would never have been born.

So I am evil, because I am straight? And you wonder why there are many people that do not like homosexuals.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Oh brother. I'll just let others more qualified answer your questions. If you are actually interested then just do some research. It's simple really. Besides few proofs have already been posted in this thread. Many proofs elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If there were no straight people, you would never have been born.

A silly argument. Even if 100% of the population is homosexual, they would still reproduce.

There are around 10-15% people who are homosexuals which makes it normal. Some have argued that homosexuality is nature's way of controlling population growth (yes some research have shown that).

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join