It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 97
<< 94  95  96   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM
We come from straight and gay parents.

I think you misunderstood his point about homosexuality predating heterosexuality.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So are you saying since we are attracted to the "wrong" Sex/Gender we have a Mental Disorder.

Do you believe you can turn Gay?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I didn't say they wanted kids to make them get better.

So when I hear about homosexuals who want to have, adopt, or raise kids it's just more evidence that homosexuals are more normal than not, and that they want to overcome their disorder.

That's exactly what you said.

I said that despite their non-pathological mental disorder, other facets of their biology are still working as intended, as with every other human being. The drive to raise children signifies that the singular behavior of physical attraction to same gender is the deviation from the norm.

You are welcome to have that opinion, I just think it's dead wrong. I see no correlation whatsoever. Who cares about "the norm"? I'm sure there are things you like to do that aren't practiced or enjoyed by the majority of people, but who cares? That's appealing to popularity which is a logical fallacy. You are defining what constitutes as mental illness as not going with the masses.

As was mentioned before, this also applies to asexuals who have *zero* interest in sexual relations with either gender, but still feel the drive to raise children. It also applies to people who are straight and have robust sexual desires but have no interest in raising children. Wires have been crossed, burnt out, or never connected in the first place.

So I have wires crossed, burnt out, or never connected in the first place because I choose not to have children like many others. So basically you are claiming that anybody who doesn't want kids has a mental disorder, but also anybody that does want kids but is gay has a mental disorder. What about homosexuals that do not want kids? Are they A-OK mentally? Sorry but this conclusion is laughably illogical and also insulting to many people here.

It's easy for you to sit on your high horse when you are not gay and do not understand what that feels like, or how somebody could possibly not want children, since you do. They are different from you, therefor they have a mental problem. This is why you didn't come out and say it right away, you knew it would insult people and be met with resistance. It sounds more like an ego problem to me. How do we know that you aren't the one with wires crossed or burnt out since you can't understand empathy or even consider people that are different from you to be normal people with properly functioning brains?

I explained it very thoroughly in my last post, plus the post I quoted to you but it seems you didn't even read it or feel like addressing most of it. Humans have evolved beyond their instincts. Relying on instincts is a thing of the past, we are mentally superior to most other life on the planet. We can make our own decisions now. Everybody is different. I use logic to make decisions not biological instinct.

And you don't see the association between evolution... and biological reproduction... would you like a do-over on that one?

I guess you are just skimming and not reading. I was talking about the association of sexual orientation to both evolution and biological reproduction. You also missed a large portion of my points.

edit on 16-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
I got a kick out of Homosexuality predates heterosexuality in humans

Where do you people come from? Seriously

Did you all come from your Homosexual parents?

You may want to try actually reading something through before jumping to absurd conclusions. I never said, "in humans". Funny that you would dishonestly add that in after the fact and claim it was said. I said based on evolution, the first sexually reproducing species were the same sex (aka homosexuals). Different sexes didn't evolve until after the ability to reproduce sexually. Sorry if that offends you, but it's true.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There was no point

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yeah, forget reading and understanding. I'm guessing you deny evolution and climate change science as well? Its always easier to deny than to understand.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

There was no point

Between your "no point" about reading the post your responding to, and the other member's "knowledge is silly", I think I better understand the other side of this argument now. For that I thank you.

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So are you a Vegetarian ?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well...he is basically correct. Normal is the male and female of the species being together. Anything else is abnormal and I'll gladly say it again...a mental problem. There will be (if there isn't already...but hidden) a cure for homosexuallity. It will never see the light of day, but there will be.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

and I'll gladly say it again...a mental problem.

I will gladly say it again that the people that get to make that official determination say it's not a mental disorder.

There will be a cure for homosexuallity.

There is nothing to cure. It's not something to be "cured". Again, i'm invoking the health sciences here.

Now will it be possible to one day change our sexual orientations? I have little doubt. For now we can't. For now it's not a choice.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Which did you choose this morning when you woke up?
According to your statement, it's like a breakfast menu.
I woke up and chose eggs and toast over pancakes.
Yesterday I chose pancakes.
Today, I did not choose to be straight, I AM straight.
Yesterday, I did not choose to be straight, I woke up that way.
Tomorrow - wanna take a guess, Nostradamus? Go ahead, predict if I will wake up and "choose" my sexuality, which it will be, and I'll let you talk to my girlfriend for verification.
Let us know what you choose in the morning!
Every day must be a crazy adventure for people like you!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I like your breakfast menu analogy.

If it were a choice it wouldn't be something a person chooses just once. When you have choice, you continue to have choice. Just like choosing what to eat each morning.

If it were a one time choice and then BAM there is your orientation forever, it implies a lack of choice from there on out. So what they really mean by suggesting it is a choice is that it's a conscious decision that they regularly have to revisit every day of their life.

Which is why this idea is total bullcrap. Who can honestly say that they continually make a conscious decision to be attracted to a particular sex throughout their life?? No one, that's who.

...anyways I liked that analogy. Might use it later

edit on 24-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Op is only saying it is a choice in terms of you may very well be naturally attracted to something but that does not necessarily mean that you have to be.

Maybe like beaing a naturally brave person or a naturally scared person. Or a gifted piano player, don't mean you have to play the piano

And theirs nothing wrong with people have their own preferences anyway if everyone were the same that would be a boring world to be in.
edit on 15-11-2015 by MrManKind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MrManKind

you may very well be naturally attracted to something but that does not necessarily mean that you have to be.

This makes very little sense.

Being naturally attracted does necessarily mean you have to be.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Since I get along and feel quite comfortable with women, it would be wonderful if their vagina didn't make me want to puke.

Sorry, is that an ATS violation?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00
Since I get along and feel quite comfortable with women, it would be wonderful if their vagina didn't make me want to puke.

Sorry, is that an ATS violation?

Oh dude you don't know what you're missing! but that's kinda the point

I feel the same way about the alien-looking rod thing between my legs, so weird!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It appears this thread has run its course.
Closed for staff review.

top topics

<< 94  95  96   >>

join