It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonymous007
a reply to: Darth_Prime

THAT is your retort?

I never had any real issue with gayness until I saw two different "gay pride" parades.

If what they think is OK to do in public IN FRONT OF FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN is as deplorable as what I saw, it proved to me that they had serious mental health issues.

I don't care how any of you want to defend and explain your "choice", "lifestyle", "how your brain is wired", "how you were born".

When your ilk denounces behavior that NO OTHER subset of the population engages in or encourages, then you might regain support from people like myself.

Is gayness a choice? I know of a set of twins. One of them engaged in homosex activities and called himself gay for about three years. Then he realizes that he was not really gay and engages in straight activities and had a kid. He has never acted gay since.

Call me a hateful bigot. It does not bother me at all.

But don't argue for tolerance by being intolerant of how others may think and feel and believe. You don't get to make those choices for others.

I have some bad news for you. Tons of straight people participate in those parades.

I myself do not participate because I believe they perpetuate stereotypes of what it means to be gay. What you just described after seeing the parades is exactly why I won't support them. The entire gay population is not what these parades paint us to be though. Just keep that in mind while you're judging millions of people based on the activities of a handful of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DantesPeak

Well, THOSE are the people that are causing the negative stereotypes on which others base their decisions.

If the observations of gays were of typical people (and at work, professionals) just getting along in life, there might not be so much animosity.

I have been around since the 70's "sexual awakening" and have my own personal perspective.

I don't hate gay people and have worked alongside many. As long as sexuality is not an issue that I have to be exposed to, I don't care. I don't try to convince anyone about any aspect of my personal life. I certainly don't discuss my sexual proclivities. I don't expect others to deem anything I do to be acceptable. I don't really care.

But I have been around the loud and obnoxious "proud" gays who think that their orientation is the only thing that defines them. Many people see THAT behavior. They also hear the gays try to incessantly convince others to accept viewpoints. I don't expect that those of you with alternative lifestyles or viewpoints to accept what I am trying to get across. So why do you expect others to accept YOUR opinions as fact?

Leave others alone and they will leave you alone. That is what I was taught and what I expect.

But you can't force anyone to think or believe what you want them to. We have our own free will.

The topic that I started should never have been closed down.

This site has the tagline "Deny Ignorance". Perhaps they should rethink that.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Anonymous007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Anonymous007

I can't do anything about "those" people as you stated. It's not within my power to have people make their judgments based on the whole group instead of a subset of it. That's up to you.

But, by your logic, all white people should be judged based on the activities of the KKK. Does that seem right to you?
edit on 27-9-2015 by DantesPeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The KKK is a group of private individuals of people who made a choice to JOIN and take part in ceremonies, etc. Not the same thing at all. Red herring argument.

Unless you are a card-carrying member of the homosex population.

Gays who attend pride events should act in ways that reflect properly on their entire population. I saw actual public sex demonstration. I saw dildos being inserted... IN FRONT OF THE CROWD. I saw public masturbation.

I remember the same parades in the 70s. They were much toned down and I didn't have an issue with them then.

Gays have been around since the beginning of time. The only ones I have ever had a problem with are those that tried to convert me, either to join their ranks, or to have a viewpoint that I did not arrive at on my own.

I was in the military long before the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy was instituted. There were several gays. They did their thing and we did our thing. It was not an issue that needed to be discussed.

But associating all Whites with the KKK is disingenuous.

Don't be That Guy.

It destroys your ability to be perceived as a reasonable person.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It is the same thing. You're judging all gays based on a pride parade, which is mostly made up of the "extreme" portion of the homosexual community. The KKK are a group of white people that are an extreme outlier of the white population.

By saying join "their ranks" you're making it sound like some kind of cult where we carry around cards allowing us to be gay.

You can read my posts on page 29 where I've already stated that I'm gay.

---Edit/ I see you've edited your above post and added several more arguments.

I can't help that indecent acts are performed at some of these events. As I already said, I don't support them. It is not reasonable to judge everyone based on their actions, but It's clear I can't help you to see reason.

Have a nice day.
edit on 27-9-2015 by DantesPeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

See, I gave you a choice to open your eyes and reflect on what I was actually saying. But you reverted back to your red herring argument about the KKK.

Thanks for acting like you wanted to play along.

I did not say that I judged all gays based on a parade. I explicitly indicated alternative life experiences.

I don't agree with the "movement" based on its public persona.

If you want to equate ALL White people with a KKK rally, that is your choice.

But it shows YOU to be a bigot. Such attitudes are not allowed here.

You might want to check yourself.

When I mentioned the "card-carrying" membership, I was reflecting on YOUR false belief that all Whites automatically become members of the KKK due to race.

Alternatively, I DO think that ALL gays automatically become members of the homosex population.

Keep ignoring what I write and "convolute" your responses as you wish. You are reflecting poorly on your ability to comprehend.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'd be careful coming on a thread about homosexuals saying things like "trying to get a rise out of you". That kind of thing can start tongues wagging ha ha.

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Jesus is a Belief that not everyone Believes in or Follows so Jesus or Religion can't create laws that control everyone, it's a Personal Belief

I know. I just wanted to get a rise out of all of you
LOL. I am not really against gays and couldn't care less either way. I have friends that are gay. just wanted to get you all mad ha ha. Nah, but seriously...gay peeps are alright and are entitled to their way of life..just messing with you all.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You literally said "I never had any real issue with gayness until I saw two different "gay pride" parades."

Clearly you're the one having trouble comprehending. I never said that I believe the KKK represent the white population. I was drawing a parallel to your statement about having a problem with gayness based on the parades you watched.

Anyway, I'm not interested in debating you any longer. It's just tiring when the other person either doesn't read the whole post or just fails to comprehend what's being said.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I work at and attend multiple pride events each year and I have seen none of this debaucherous bevahior that Anonymous007 has witnessed. In the UK pride events are attended by hetrosexuals and families alike. It's a good day out with no aggro and everyone is able to be themselves. It sounds to me Anonymous007 that you are just using these pride parades you have supposedly witnessed as a prop to justify your blatant homophobia.

originally posted by: DantesPeak

You literally said "I never had any real issue with gayness until I saw two different "gay pride" parades."

Clearly you're the one having trouble comprehending. I never said that I believe the KKK represent the white population. I was drawing a parallel to your statement about having a problem with gayness based on the parades you watched.

Anyway, I'm not interested in debating you any longer. It's just tiring when the other person either doesn't read the whole post or just fails to comprehend what's being said.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I never had any real issue with gayness until I saw two different "gay pride" parades.

If what they think is OK to do in public IN FRONT OF FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN is as deplorable as what I saw, it proved to me that they had serious mental health issues.

Sounds like you're judging the whole community of "gayness" by the actions of a few gay people.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

Blatant homophobia?

I never said anything about disliking gays. I just don't promote any agenda. I no longer support the movement. That is MY right to choose.

You show yourself to be the intolerant one, calling me a homophobe.

Is that how you operate?

Perhaps you folks need to take a good, long, hard look in the mirror?
edit on 27-9-2015 by Anonymous007 because: fixed typos

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It is the same deplorable behavior year after year that identifies them.

If they want people to see them differently, they need to act with decorum.

It wasn't ME acting poorly that eroded my view.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Anonymous007Anyway, I'm not interested in debating you any longer. It's just tiring when the other person either doesn't read the whole post or just fails to comprehend what's being said.

Feel free to leave the discussion at any time. No one is forcing you to be here, not is anyone trying to force their viewpoint on you.

It seems as if the homosex supporters want "all or nothing" and won't allow others to have alternative viewpoints.

Remember, "Deny Ignorance."

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Gays who attend pride events should act in ways that reflect properly on their entire population.

Yeah, so should cops.

And religious people.

And politicians.

And atheists.

And military people.

Turns out, it seems that EVERYONE should act in ways that reflect "properly" on their entire population. Right? But they don't. People are people. All groups have "bad apples". The "good apples" usually resent the bad ones giving the whole group a bad name. In truth, it is US, who judge the group by the actions of a few, who are at fault.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just acted the way you think they should? Are you REALLY using stereotyping to justify your prejudices? Because that's sure what it looks like from here. You can put gay people down and then blame it on THEM, because you once saw some guys getting raunchy at a gay pride event.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If you think that the deplorable behavior is acceptable, then I have nothing further to discuss with you.

If police got together at a sanctioned event and beat people just because they could, there would be public outcry. No one supports them when they engage in bad behavior. And the acts of a few do reflect on the entire group.

These events are put on BY the COMMUNITY and supported BY the community. If they didn't like the nasty behavior, it is contingent of them to STOP the behaviors. By allowing the actions to continue, they are at least tacitly agreeing with them.

I THEREFORE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO USE THESE BEHAVIORS TO FORM MY OPINIONS.

It is NOT MY FAULT. It is THEIR fault. At any other time, public sex or masturbation would bring a criminal charge. Stop supporting illicit behavior.

I indicated that I stopped being a supporter of the movement. I don't hate the individuals.

But go ahead and paint me with that same old, worn-out brush.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Anonymous007 because: added details

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have yet to see any deplorable behaviour at any gay pride events. Let me guess, are you refering to them kissing and holding hands in public? I've been to plenty of event where hetrosexuals have acted horrendously, I suppose it's now ok for me to tar all hetrosexuals with the same brush because I've witnessed a few of them misbehaving and acting appallingly? That's where your argument falls flat I'm afraid.

As for your claim to not be a homophobe. It is obvious to anyone with eyes that you have an axe to grind against gays. I've seen you imply it's a disorder and compare homosexuality to Infanticide. Yeah, definitely no problem with gays at all......

If you think that the deplorable behavior is acceptable, then I have nothing further to discuss with you.

These events are put on BY the COMMUNITY and supported BY the community. If they didn't like the nasty behavior, it is contingent of them to STOP the behaviors. By allowing the actions to continue, they are at least tacitly agreeing with them.

I indicated that I stopped being a supporter of the movement. I don't hate the individuals.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Anonymous007Anyway, I'm not interested in debating you any longer. It's just tiring when the other person either doesn't read the whole post or just fails to comprehend what's being said.

Feel free to leave the discussion at any time. No one is forcing you to be here, not is anyone trying to force their viewpoint on you.

It seems as if the homosex supporters want "all or nothing" and won't allow others to have alternative viewpoints.

Remember, "Deny Ignorance."

I don't think you understand what the word ignorance means. I'll help you and and give the definition.

Ignorance: "Lack of knowledge or understanding"

Some synonyms include: stupid, foolish, unintelligible

It seems to me you're the only one here right now failing to deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I out right don't believe this. This has all the hallmarks of an event that has been fabricated to give weight to an argument. Let's say it's true though, I've seen hetrosexuals get thrown out of events for masterbating or performing sex acts. What makes that any different. Does that make those people representative of all hetrosexuals? Should they have been representing thier sexual demographic better?

It is NOT MY FAULT. It is THEIR fault. At any other time, public sex or masturbation would bring a criminal charge. Stop supporting illicit behavior.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I said no such thing.

And cops should police their own, religious people should be filled with the love of Jesus until it pours out into the streets, priests shouldn't mess with little boys and be protected by the parish, politicians should be honest and military people should act with honor. BUT THEY DON'T! Not if I judge them all by the actions of a few, as you're doing to gays.

Now, if I judge them as individuals, I can see that most cops are good. Many religious people aren't hateful, most priests aren't pedophiles, some politicians are honest and many military people honestly do wish to serve their country with honor.

It's how people are. Why should the gay community live up to standards that NO OTHER GROUP does?

Of course you have that right. You have the right to judge all cops, religious people, or any group you want. But then you try to claim your not homophobic, when you've stereotyped gay people by the actions of a few, it shows your personal prejudice. You're not fooling anyone.

You don't have to shout, "I hate gay people!" to be homophobic. It shows in almost everything you say. Especially looking at your posts in this thread. If you can post that stuff and then claim not to be homophobic, I don't know what to tell you.
edit on 9/27/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Go ahead and deflect. Go ahead and call others hateful. Where did I disrepect YOU?

You have some maturing to do, I see.

Thank you for showing your true colors. Anyone who has an alternative opinion is a "homophobe". I don't care about your opinion.

I NEVER compared homosexuality to infanticide. NEVER. You are lying. Flat out lying.

Either you are young and don't know how to comprehend, or you are immature, or you are a troll. But I never said I had a problem with gays holding hands. I described the SPECIFIC BEHAVIOR that I observed.

You want to get into a battle of wits?

You have already lost.

Your inability to discuss the topic without ad hominem attacks reflects poorly on your mental health.

Hate all you want.

But, "Deny Ignorance."

originally posted by: Megatronus
I have yet to see any deplorable behaviour at any gay pride events. Let me guess, are you refering to them kissing and holding hands in public? ... That's where your argument falls flat I'm afraid.

As for your claim to not be a homophobe. It is obvious to anyone with eyes that you have an axe to grind against gays. I've seen you imply it's a disorder and compare homosexuality to Infanticide. Yeah, definitely no problem with gays at all......

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join