It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Exactly, notice most of these topics and people you see in the Media talk about "Gay Men" and "Gay Men in Public" and will openly admit that they find 2 (hot) Lesbians "Sexy"

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The entire controverse of choice or no choice is farsical.

What is a choice? A choice is in itself influenced by social ideas. Any choice.

Man (or woman) likes to think himself independent. But few extend the question to its logical conclusion: independent of what?

The answer; independent of himself!

And so, all his questions are self-defeating.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Oh, Skyfloating...

I believe that most homosexuality is a choice and most were not "born that way". I say this based neither on science nor religion but on personal experience.

Egads! Just exactly how much personal experience have you had?

My personal experience comes from sexual relationships I've had with two lesbians within the last 20 years. I`m a heterosexual male. Neither of the women claimed to be bisexual, both insisted they were lesbian. When questioned about this, the first one looked puzzled and said "I don't know". And the second one stopped being a lesbian after our relationship. I share this not to elicit jokes or brag, but simply to demonstrate, from personal experiences, that the "I am a homosexual" - self-definition is not quite as fixed and solid as is generally claimed.

Oh :-)

So this is mostly just a combination of trolling and fish stories

I'd be interested in also hearing from the two ladies - but, oh well

Would you feel better if we say you are a first rate button pusher Sky? (no matter how we look at it)

edit on 9/26/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: stuff...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

...I'm also a little perplexed why you never addressed the "parts no fitting" comment, that is nature's design for procreation. If not a disorder, then why are gays going in total opposition to nature...which is not normal?

So...you would turn down a BJ from a hot chick? THAT part was not designed by nature to go THERE ya know.

Sure, but I am not making a world wide political statement out of it either. I am not changing all of the world political and religious views and having the media and everyone else to inundate the world with BJ propaganda. I am not even trying to come out of a BJ closet and have the world to accept me....because I get a BJ. I keep it to myself and don't wave it in everyone's face...again, pardon the pun. As for everyone else back there and (posting )their statements to gang up on me. I know this is how it works here...If you speak anything religious or anti-gay, you will have to fight against 5-6 (if not more) people who all gang up on you, as just happened. I expected this. I will just say, everything I said I stand behind it, and there were questions that I asked that were just ignored ...or minimized as if not valid questions. I can't do anything about that, but then again...all of yours (and their) excuses and watered down explanations....I don't have to give credence to either, and just like you guys, I can minimize YOUR point of view. But no, getting a BJ is not the same...because it's not politically, nor religiously motivated, and is not all over the media trying to change peoples minds, laws and ways of life.
edit on 26-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

To be fair, there aren't whole hate groups, funded by a religion and political party, whose sole purpose is to deny natural and civil rights to people who have BJs. There aren't anti-BJ "family" organizations condemning you to hell and telling you how what you're doing is evil and against their god. You can't get fired for being a person who gets a BJ now and then. You can't be declined an apartment or house for it, either.

If all that crap was coming down on you, you might stand up and want to make some sort of political statement about how other people have NO right to walk all over your rights, just because of what you do in the privacy of your home.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

People keep saying "Throwing it in your face" but we are finally getting some kind of Spotlight and public Backing, no different than any Religious program on Television, no different from people wearing crosses, or having religious tattoos or wearing Religious clothing. no different than those people outside of Stores that ask to donate and say God bless you. no different from people who have Religious stickers on their cars or any Political stickers.

See that is called Freedom of expression, you can't ask that your views and opinions be heard without anyone saying anything back and in your next sentence say someone should stay in the closest and not protest their rights be granted and protected

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

To be fair, there aren't whole hate groups, funded by a religion and political party, whose sole purpose is to deny natural and civil rights to people who have BJs. There aren't anti-BJ "family" organizations condemning you to hell and telling you how what you're doing is evil and against their god. You can't get fired for being a person who gets a BJ now and then. You can't be declined an apartment or house for it, either.

If all that crap was coming down on you, you might stand up and want to make some sort of political statement about how other people have NO right to walk all over your rights, just because of what you do in the privacy of your home.

There aren't anti-BJ "family" organizations condemning you to hell and telling you how what you're doing is evil and against their god

Maybe not specifically, but I am pretty sure Jesus might have something to say about it...as well as all hardcore Christians.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Jesus is a Belief that not everyone Believes in or Follows so Jesus or Religion can't create laws that control everyone, it's a Personal Belief
edit on 26-9-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

The pope, during his speech in Philly today, agrees with you.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I don't follow the Pope, what did he say?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

In a nutshell... that all religions should be allowed to prosper without harassment because they all kneel at the same 'source'. It is an 'individual' right.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Jesus is a Belief that not everyone Believes in or Follows so Jesus or Religion can't create laws that control everyone, it's a Personal Belief

I know. I just wanted to get a rise out of all of you
LOL. I am not really against gays and couldn't care less either way. I have friends that are gay. just wanted to get you all mad ha ha. Nah, but seriously...gay peeps are alright and are entitled to their way of life..just messing with you all.
edit on 26-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I was waiting for the "I Have a Gay Friend" Justification..

Well, to be honest i only really take part is discussion concerning GLBTQ+ issues, because that's what i really know about, so i always welcome and love to have discussions about it.. just not the Hateful remarks and Willful Ignorance (not pointing at you right now)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I was waiting for the "I Have a Gay Friend" Justification..

Well, to be honest i only really take part is discussion concerning GLBTQ+ issues, because that's what i really know about, so i always welcome and love to have discussions about it.. just not the Hateful remarks and Willful Ignorance (not pointing at you right now)

Not a justification...I do have a gay friend, I work with him.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I believe the transgender issue is a bit more complicated than you state. Some people have a therapy issue. I'd go through a lot of stuff before physicalising it in an operation. A boy might have grown up with a brutal judgmental father who was never successful socially and an understanding wise mother plus a grandmother etc. Same, a girl may become a tomboy because her mother has been strong and father "a weak simpering" dude to quote a Lou Reed song.
I know many people who have a transgender identity - it even shows up in their different acupressure patterns. For example, a right-handed hetero male would usually have his right thigh ticklish during acupressure, but a woman-identified male would have his left thigh more ticklish.
A friend once described me as a secret lesbian because I have a female identification in my personality wiring but I am strongly attracted to women.
I went through many types of therapy and also astrology showed that this is a lifetime condition. So I am more sensitive to what communication science calls "female verbal patterns" though not at all levels. In my work, I am very focused and male.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Edit: removed
edit on 27-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

I believe the transgender issue is a bit more complicated than you state.

Beta Homosexuals ?
Alpha Lesbians ?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

THAT is your retort?

I never had any real issue with gayness until I saw two different "gay pride" parades.

If what they think is OK to do in public IN FRONT OF FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN is as deplorable as what I saw, it proved to me that they had serious mental health issues.

I don't care how any of you want to defend and explain your "choice", "lifestyle", "how your brain is wired", "how you were born".

When your ilk denounces behavior that NO OTHER subset of the population engages in or encourages, then you might regain support from people like myself.

Is gayness a choice? I know of a set of twins. One of them engaged in homosex activities and called himself gay for about three years. Then he realizes that he was not really gay and engages in straight activities and had a kid. He has never acted gay since.

Call me a hateful bigot. It does not bother me at all.

But don't argue for tolerance by being intolerant of how others may think and feel and believe. You don't get to make those choices for others.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If my honest observations are "bigoted" and not allowed under the TOS, I will happily be banned from this site. I do not know Springer and, though I have been a reader for some time, I have only recently tried to start a discussion. I did not write anything hateful. If it is deemed as such, I will concur that this is not the place for me.

I see more attacks against those social groups who run counter to the homosex agenda. But those comments could NEVER be called "bigoted speech", now could they?

"Bigoted speech attacking or disparaging a social or ethnic group or a member of such a group."

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join