It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

your inability to stop hating proves otherwise.

go ahead and keep lying to yourself

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yes, you are right, you caught me. I love to publicly masturbate at public events. Yes, gays do have high rates of mental health issues but what do you expect in a society full of people with opinions like yours?

originally posted by: Anonymous007
HAHAHAHA!!!

What you see as "awful" is because it is the "awful truth" that hurts your feelings.

I WROTE NONE of the things you attribute to be below. NONE.

You are painting yourself to be a fool.

The fact is I think that many gays have serious mental disorders. The facts are there.

The information I posted was removed. It seems as if gay moderators don't like the truth.

Oh well.

Read the headline of my other post. It is a FACT.

originally posted by: Megatronus
No, you are getting called a bigot because you are posting on a thread about homosexuality and saying some frankly awful things about it. The fact you don't think homosexuality is normal is neither here nor there. I don't mind people having dissenting opinions, what I do mind is people equating homosexuality to Infanticide, mental disorders and claiming we all go to pride events to publicly masturbate.

Because I don't think that homosexuality is normal, you paint me as a bigot?

Sure. OK!

I expect it.

Will your inability to allow others to have a dissenting viewpoint help your cause?

No.

In fact, it is people like you that erode support.

I tried to espouse a viewpoint without calling people names.

But that is all you folks want to do.

You gang up like bullies.

That is a sign of hate. I have said nothing to be hateful.

I have been tactful (even if my viewpoints may not be agreeable) and I have not bullied anyone.

If that is all you know how to do, then find a moderator and ban me.

See, unlike many here, I have a life and don't need this website.

I wanted to share my opinions and see what others thought.

Now I see that most of you are slanted to one side and do not have open minds.

Fine by me.

Your unhappiness and anger might be controlled by a visit to a mental health professional.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I simply indicated that I no longer support the gay movement.

No. See the quote posted by Megatronus from this thread. Look at ALL your posts in this thread and tell me you simply don't support the "movement" (whatever that is).

You just are not getting it.

Oh, I get it! You're coming in loud and clear.

Calling others "hateful bigots" makes an enemy of others.

So does calling them unnatural and not normal.

You are a poor example of the tolerance your movement expects of others.

I am PROUDLY intolerant of bigotry, homophobia, prejudice and stereotyping.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Anonymous007

I have 11 O levels, 4 A levels, an S level and graduated from the University of London with a BA Hons in Japanese and Economics. There were 2000 applicants for my course and only 20 were accepted, 14 of which completed it. I also have under my belt the highest exam in the Japanese language which allows me to study any subject at a Japanese university in Japanese. Does that meet your pompous requirements?

It's not just discrimination. I used the word 'persecution' intentionally. It was responsible for prison sentences, executions, suicide not to mention psychological and physical trauma. Seeing a few men copping off is nothing in comparison. If you found it deplorable then good. You are the type they want to impress upon. Remember it's just once a year unlike the lifetime of suffering many gays have endured.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Why should it matter whether homosexuality is a choice or not? It doesn't hurt anybody. It's like making a thread titled "The ice cream you favour is a choice." Or maybe "The colour of your clothes is a choice."

So what? Whatever. What a waste. And too often it's just a platform to hate or troll others. Not useful if you're not wanting to be dirty.

I have a 1600 page Webster's Unabridged Dictionary on desk consuming my person space. IT'S A CHOICE, GODDAMNIT.
edit on 9/27/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
"You see, when it comes to transgendered people, the LBGT-movement claims that "they are not born that way" and that ones gender is a fluid concept, a "social construct" perhaps. But when it comes to homosexuals they claim "they are born that way and that it's something fixed and unchanging. You see the contradiction in this? What if homosexuality is not fixed and that most people are not "born that way"? "

It's not a contradiction because they're two completely different things. It would be a contradiction if all transgenders were gay. They are not.

Well I don't know and don't really care.

To be honest I get sick of all the choice vs born this way argument. Why analyze it? Just be.

If you're gay and you feel you were born that way, stop apologizing about it. No need to explain yourself.

I think that's what causes the rift. The majority of people are sick of the over analyzing, explaining, announcing.

It's taken over the black race carrying on " I'm black, you whites are racist". No we are not , but we're becoming that way if you don't STFU whining about it. That becomes the turn off or the fuel to turn the majorities against the minorities.

Well I probably explained that all wrong and if it contains offensive comments I'm sorry, but I don't know how to write it with political correctness.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If you really think homosexuality is a choice then you must be homosexual or bisexual.

All it takes is imagining yourself having any option when it comes to sleeping with a same sex partner.

It really is that simple....

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Anonymous007

Ah, the classic, "You aren't tolerant unless you tolerate my intolerance". Too funny.

"Bigoted speech attacking or disparaging a social or ethnic group or a member of such a group."

How is calling somebody out for having a hateful intolerant view point, the same thing as racial hate speech? You guys really have it completely backwards. People are just asking to be treated like anyone else.

Also please note the last paragraph in my post directly below this. It explains the parades.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DantesPeak
I myself do not participate because I believe they perpetuate stereotypes of what it means to be gay. What you just described after seeing the parades is exactly why I won't support them. The entire gay population is not what these parades paint us to be though. Just keep that in mind while you're judging millions of people based on the activities of a handful of them.

This is dead on. It's like summarizing all democrats or all republicans based on the obsessed folks that attend their rallies and go bonkers. The majority are not like that. Parades and rallies just naturally attract the folks that want to act out and try to grab attention. But again, this is partially the purpose of the parades.

They want folks to understand that homosexuality exists and isn't going anywhere. Sometimes they have to push the envelope to do that, just like folks did during the 60s during the sexual revolution or like African Americans did while fighting to end segregation. It's easy to sit back and tell them that they shouldn't have parades or make a spectacle of themselves, but that's how things get done here. Every group fighting for equality at one point or another has had to push the envelope at some point.

Anonymous strikes me as the type that would argue against women's suffrage or equal rights for African Americans because they act unconventionally at rallies and parades. That's the exact point of it. They are trying to wake people up to understand the intolerance they face in their daily lives.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Trans people Are born that way. we are born with a Sexual-Orientation and a Gender-Identity, at birth we are "Assigned" a Sex by the Doctor(or who ever births you) that doesn't always match what are Gender-Identity is or our Sexual-Orientation

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Under threat of death for being a homosexual, some people still "choose" to be homosexuals.

Sex has a perverse aspect to it. Many people are "turned on" by actions that they are normally denied. Like the "forbidden fruit", it gets more interesting and enticing just because we're not supposed to be doing it. Throughout history, men and women of the heterosexual persuasion have explored this violation of socially accepted relations as part of their sexual fantasy. Like Romeo and Juliet, the mere idea that there is "risk" involved, increases the heart rate, and enhances the lure. People from different ethnic backgrounds, different religions, different social groups, etc..are always crossing the barriers set up by society that frown upon their mixing with each other, to dare to tryout and explore the forbidden. The excitement fades as the barriers come down over time, and people accept these crossing overs as commonplace. Then they have to look for new forbidden avenues to explore. Homosexuality is one of the last stages in this process that hasen't yet gained full acceptance. It still has that somewhat forbidden air about it, lending that enhanced excitement. After homosexuality becomes completely normal, we'll explore adult/child barriers, and finally the forbidden man/animal bonds. Always seeking more excitement, the plan is set.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Oh I thought I said sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender identity

Anyways I thought this thread was about sexual orientation?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Under threat of death for being a homosexual, some people still "choose" to be homosexuals.

Sex has a perverse aspect to it. Many people are "turned on" by actions that they are normally denied. Like the "forbidden fruit", it gets more interesting and enticing just because we're not supposed to be doing it. Throughout history, men and women of the heterosexual persuasion have explored this violation of socially accepted relations as part of their sexual fantasy. Like Romeo and Juliet, the mere idea that there is "risk" involved, increases the heart rate, and enhances the lure. People from different ethnic backgrounds, different religions, different social groups, etc..are always crossing the barriers set up by society that frown upon their mixing with each other, to dare to tryout and explore the forbidden. The excitement fades as the barriers come down over time, and people accept these crossing overs as commonplace. Then they have to look for new forbidden avenues to explore. Homosexuality is one of the last stages in this process that hasen't yet gained full acceptance. It still has that somewhat forbidden air about it, lending that enhanced excitement. After homosexuality becomes completely normal, we'll explore adult/child barriers, and finally the forbidden man/animal bonds. Always seeking more excitement, the plan is set.

This comes across as nothing but sheer projection. If you can see those actions as even a remote possibility, then well.......

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Comparing it to relations with children or animals is slippery slope fallacy. It's not about folks doing what society says they can't, it's about a sexual desire to be with the same sex. It's not the same, and it's certainly not just about exploring those forbidden barriers. Same sex marriage shouldn't be a barrier and for good reasons.
edit on 29-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

It is, but still, you don't select any of that. you don't select your Gender-Identity, your Sexual-Orientation, your Race, your Parents, or where you are Born. and you can't change any of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's all a choice, I'm related to two, and after watching the entire thing unfold. IT'S A CHOICE PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

So you choose to be straight?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

Want to poll the rest of Us?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have just begun to read this thread, so my opinions have more than likely already been stated.

First off, you cannot compare males with females regarding this subject. The social stigma and hatred given to homosexual males is far greater than it is for females. I would go so far as to say that female on female experimentation is the norm in this day and age. This is definitely not the case with males. But, even with all of this female/female experimentation going on, you do not see a rise in lesbian couples. Most every girl i know under the age of 30 has at least "kissed a girl", but often much more. But, I cannot think of one of them who continued having lesbian relationships. Many have married w/ children or have normal hetero relationships today. Any straight guy will tell you that the thought of homo experimentation has never even been considered. And what guy would choose to be hated, picked on, beat up and live a life of torment?

My thoughts are that the female "experimentation" is a normal part of growing up and often nothing comes of it. Most go on to live normal hetero lives. But, male homosexuality is definitely not chosen.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
a reply to: AMPTAH

Comparing it to relations with children or animals is slippery slope fallacy.

Not really. The Bible, for example, puts them in the same context.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. KJV, Leviticus 18:22

Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. KJV, Leviticus 18:23

One verse right after the other verse links homosexuality with bestiality, for example. This shows that for thousands of years society has thought of these two sexual preferences as being similar and comparable, being both deviations from the norm of heterosexual relations.

Now you might think the authors of the Bible misguided, and that the text is old fashioned in its views, given modern knowledge, etc..But, the fact is that for a long time these "deviations" from normal sexuality were considered the same. At least, the attitude towards these deviations was the same. Today, homosexuality is becoming normal. It is now a requirement for every Hollywood Film or TV series to include scenes of gay and lesbian love relations, so that the population can be "programmed" to accept this as normal. Just a little while back, it was taboo. Within one generation, every teenager will be experimenting with homosexual actions to see if they are straight or gay. They wouldn't know until they try, because they will be constantly seeing gay love on film and all around them. To a certain extent, we are programmed by our society. Not everything is built in, and fixed in our DNA. Humans are flexible, malleable, and changeable. We are not made of stone.

Who is to say, that 100 years from now, we wouldn't once again revise our views and accept love with animals, or with children? There are parts of the world today, where love with children is normal, and child marriages abound, and has been so for centuries. It's only we in the west that have different views on this. We are evolving our ideas all the time of who we are, and what is acceptable. As fast as one barrier is broken down, the next limit looms immediately like a challenge to the faith.

It's not about folks doing what society says they can't, it's about a sexual desire to be with the same sex.

At one time sex before marriage was forbidden. There was a great taboo against it. And women were often "checked" to verify they were virgins before the wedding night. All that has been thrown out, and discarded, except in some places in the world. Still, people found it exciting to do it before marriage, it was even more exciting because of the restrictions. Today, not so much.

It's not the same, and it's certainly not just about exploring those forbidden barriers. Same sex marriage shouldn't be a barrier and for good reasons.

Nothing is the same, really. Heterosexuality is not the same as homosexuality, either. They are different things. But, yet, they have some common elements. We choose to emphasize the similarities or the differences, according to the view point we wish to promote.

There are no absolutes. We make the world what we wish it to be. Ideas today that are frowned upon, will be promoted and celebrated tomorrow with pride. It is the nature of the human mind, to go "exploring" in uncharted territory. It's just like going to the moon. We want to know what is out there. Eventually, we will do all things.

edit on 29-9-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

This comes across as nothing but sheer projection. If you can see those actions as even a remote possibility, then well.......

What puzzles me, is how do we determine what view to take of any of these actions? I understand how religious people do it. They turn to their holy book, and follow what it says. But, those without the benefit of such guidance, how do they determine what is right? And when two men differ in their view, how to decide which man is right?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join