It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So far in this thread, I've seen homosexuals Compared to killers, pedophiles and drunk driver. Seen someone tell us we are going to hell, that we have a mental disorder and that we are gay because of feminism. Despite the fact feminism is a recent thing and homosexuality defiantly not.

Dress it up how you want but this is another LGBTQ bashing thread. Try starting a thread about other minorities, see how far that gets you. I don't understand why a large portion of the hetrosexual male crowd on ATS these days seems obsessed with all thing gay.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Megatronus
I don't understand why a large portion of the hetrosexual male crowd on ATS these days seems obsessed with all thing gay.

Because it's political.

$0.02

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

I agree.

Its just people trying to justify their bigotry, or to find excuses for others not to be happy because their own lives are incomplete.

However, this is a discussion forum and that means that their is always going to be commentary of that nature.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If homosexuality is a choice, guess what else is a choice? Umm interfering in people's lives when they're not harming anyone. Actively blocking laws that would allow gays the same freedoms that everyone else enjoys. Telling another adult that they should hide their true selves in the closet so that you can be more comfortable.

Choose love. Choose acceptance. Choose to uplift your fellow man instead of keeping him down with your scorn. Choose not to be a bigot.

You're right OP, it IS a choice. But the choice does not lie in the hands of the homosexuals. The true choice, and the true test of character lies in the hands of everyone else.

edit on 26-9-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The title of this thread implies that homosexuality being a choice is a fact. That is not factual, therefore; the title should be changed to something along the lines of "My bigoted belief is that most homosexuality is a choice. P.S. I'm totally not gay myself, I just like to think about gay people a lot."

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DantesPeak

Bwah hahahahaha! 10,000 stars for you sir!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: ParasuvO

Personalities are not Sexual Orientations or Gender-Identities and Neither define anyone's Personality

Then why do a lot of gay people dress up like Peacocks, and wear such skimpy outfits, try to act like girls, change their voices to sound so dramatic and pretty much just make a spectacle of themselves? Why the drama all the time? We've all seen the parades etc. and it makes no sense why a normal person behaves in such a manner. Normal people don't have to go out and make their whole lives about sex and try to get people to accept them because of what type of sex they like. Normal people shut up and just go to work, and don't even discuss their sex. They keep it in the bedroom. With the exception of prostitutes of course, but that's a bit different. Gay people damn near shove it down your throat (pardon the pun) . Gay struggle wouldn't even be an issue if gays didn't make it one. Trans-gendered people who cut their bodies and remove body part to fit "their personality" , so confused they don't really even know what they are? You're telling me that no one should consider a brain disorder? It's not normal society behavior. Most of these people have been traumatized in their life admittedly. Either their mother of father did something drastic, they were molested, or they were beat or raped, etc. these are also the calling cards of other mental disorder patients like bully's, serial killers, and animal abusers.
....I'm also a little perplexed why you never addressed the "parts no fitting" comment, that is nature's design for procreation. If not a disorder, then why are gays going in total opposition to nature...which is not normal?
edit on 26-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: systemic.aberration
I fail to understand how someone else being gay could ever actually affect your life.

We're all connected. Everything we do affects others around us.

What they should have said was, "How does it affect other people's lives in a negative way?". If you agree with the philosophy of collective consciousness, then 2 folks being in love should affect the whole in a positive way.

The way people paint it in a negative light because of a single verse in Leviticus that is taken literally while the other 90% of the commandments in that book are not, is a bit hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
how do we know for a fact that being gay isn't a mental disorder?

The logical question should be, "How do you know it IS?" It doesn't follow logic to form a view based on what you can't prove something is not.

I mean, let's face it, even if you don't believe in God, you HAVE TO believe in nature. Nature suggests that gay people do not have the right parts to fit each other for the purposes of procreation, which is an inherent need for the worlds population to continue.

There are numerous witnessed accounts of gay animals in nature, and thus far, we are having no problem at all procreating. The population is still increasing at a face past, regardless, so the argument doesn't really hold weight. Personally, with 7 billion people in the world, I'm all for less procreation.

that is nothing more than selfish elites that are buying up farms and starving the world out by choking their finances and monopolizing the worlds reDrasources because they want the worlds population to not exists.

Why would they want the world's population to not exist? Doesn't that give them all of their money and power? I don't really buy that argument if they have billions of folks researching and producing things to make living more comfortable. We do consume in excess, however.

Then why do a lot of gay people dress up like Peacocks, and wear such skimpy outfits, try to act like girls, change their voices to sound so dramatic and pretty much just make a spectacle of themselves?

That's the stereotype. I do not know any homosexuals that actually act that way. I also know straight people with eccentric personalities. I don't think appealing to stereotypes is a good idea or logical argument.

And no offense, but "parts not fitting" is such a childish argument. I won't go into detail, but do some research on the prostate gland. Also, you forget that not all homosexuals practice anal sex. But many straight people do and parts seem to fit just fine lol.

edit on 26-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Why do some girls dress like hookers? Why do straight guys walk around without a shirt all summer long? Why do people dye their hair green, blue, pink etc., cover themselves in tattoos and piercings?

That's their personality. It has nothing to do with their orientation.

For the record, I am gay, and I don't dress like a peacock or in a slutty manner. I don't change my voice to sound dramatic or try to create drama. I have not made my life all about sex, in fact, I've made it about helping others as a medical professional.I don't go to parades or talk about sex at work, but I can tell you a good number of the straight women at work talk about nothing but sex.

Nothing particularly traumatic happened to me as a child. I had wonderful parents who raised me and my siblings as catholics, and I had a great, supportive circle of friends. I've never made a choice to be gay. I actually spent several years in the Jr. High period trying to convince myself that I wasn't gay. Believe me, there's no choosing who you're attracted to. (Which you really should know from your own experiences).

You can't just paint an entire demographic with one brush. I could do the same by saying why are all straight guys obsessed with sports, beer and getting into bar fights? It's a ridiculous statement of course because not all straight guys are like that, just like not all gay guys are as you described.

All I really want is for people to leave me the hell alone and mind their own business. I'm a person like you. I want to fall in love, buy a house, get a dog and have a career. I'm not going to "shove my sexuality down your throat" because I'm not a gross person who likes to make out in public. So I would appreciate if people could learn that there is a sizable portion of the gay population who are a lot like me, who keep their sex lives private, and who would like to go about living their life with their partners in peace without having to hear how sick and deranged we all are. Guess what? There's probably more sick deranged straight people who rape, murder, and abuse their fellow man than than the entire gay population.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Then why do a lot of gay people dress up like Peacocks, and wear such skimpy outfits, try to act like girls, change their voices to sound so dramatic and pretty much just make a spectacle of themselves?

Why do some girls do it?

Why do you even care?

It's not normal society behavior.

Is it normal to obsess about other people's behavior? And then criticize it? Then try to legally prevent certain other people from doing things that everyone else takes for granted?

....I'm also a little perplexed why you never addressed the "parts no fitting" comment, that is nature's design for procreation. If not a disorder, then why are gays going in total opposition to nature...which is not normal?

You, along with the OP - seem to think opinion is the same thing as knowing something

Would you like to explain a little bit more what you know about nature's design?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Normal people don't have to go out and make their whole lives about sex and try to get people to accept them because of what type of sex they like.

Normal people shut up and just go to work, and don't even discuss their sex. They keep it in the bedroom.

Gay people damn near shove it down your throat (pardon the pun) .

And here I thought this wasn't a gay-bashing thread! LOL!

Gay struggle wouldn't even be an issue if gays didn't make it one.

Ooooh! the best comment of all! If gay people would just shut up about their "rights", keep their gayness hidden, stop being themselves, let straight people say whatever they want about being gay, let bigots beat them up, kick them out for being gay, turn them away from businesses, and even kill them for being gay, there wouldn't be a gay struggle! If gays would only GIVE UP to the bigoted persecution, we'd all be a lot happier!

LOL! HILARIOUS!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Who are you to speak for nature? Homosexuality is in nature so nature obviously has no problem with it. Homosexuality has been observed in around 1,500 species but homophobia has only been observed in one. It is not the norm but it certainly isn't unnatural and no amount of saying otherwise can change that.

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: ParasuvO

If not a disorder, then why are gays going in total opposition to nature...which is not normal?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I froth at the mouth as posessed beyond my control while I grab my girlfriend's ass. I torture her with non stop groping and spanks appologizing for my weakness.

That being said, i can find a man beautiful but it's a no brainer that I seem wired to fancy women. I have no desire to touch a man in such a way and this glaring observation put an end to the question of my proposed bisexuality. I can feel love for many. I can appreciate their asthetic beauty as i could a painting for people too are an art piece to enjoy. But sexual preference seems fixed for me.

Now excuse me while i go bite Becka's butt.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

But i'm sure they have a "Gay Friend".... blame it on the "Liberal PC police agenda" and don't take offence to it...because it must be true right?

Do i need the sarcasm thing?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I had a response written, i've writen it a million times here, but you are clearly too "awake' to understand it, so i wont waste my time... you know you are wrong

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

...I'm also a little perplexed why you never addressed the "parts no fitting" comment, that is nature's design for procreation. If not a disorder, then why are gays going in total opposition to nature...which is not normal?

So...you would turn down a BJ from a hot chick? THAT part was not designed by nature to go THERE ya know.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

You know - that might be the simplest, most straightforward undoing of this entire lame argument I've seen yet

:-)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't think I'll ever understand the obsession with people's sexuality. I can think of little less relevant in such a chaotic, corrupt mess of a world than what goes on in people's bedrooms. It doesn't matter how people dress, how they style their hair, who they love or sleep with, how their body is shaped.

What matters is how we treat one another.

If you subscribe to an ideology, rhetoric or doctrine that tells you it is your duty to interfere in people's lives, condemning harming or persecuting them in any way, that responsibility ultimately lies upon your own shoulders. "Just following orders", whether from a government or a religion, does not free you from responsibility for your actions. When you meddle in the lives of other people who were simply going about their own personal business then it is you and not their existence that is causing the turmoil.

If you don't like something you don't have to participate, you don't have to watch, you don't have to listen.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Lmao! I dated an anti-gay Christian Republican, and he- more than any other guy I've dated- hounded me for anal sex and threesomes.

I said it before and I'll say it again:
gay men= evil
ugly lesbians=evil
hot lesbians=paid subscriptions to watch that sh*t!

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join