It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You used reasoning to point to her being bisexual and straight to prove differing points....

Yes, I did. Because I don't know his sexuality, I wouldn't presume to say either way and I don't care. My point is that IF he can have sex with either gender as a preference, then he's bisexual. IF he cannot, he's straight.. The OP is a man.

I see hypocrisy in your post from claiming to know that all who associate with transgender are born that way.

I didn't say that I know "all who associate with transgender are born that way". If they say so, I believe them.
edit on 9/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I mean, like me right now, do you really waste time wondering about if this is a choice or not?
I mean, why? Do you yourself have doubts about your 'choice'?
I mean, I mean I am speechless about your own conclusion, as well as about the time I am taking for this reply.
Have your own ideas, fine. But don't bother telling this forum about it. Really.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Yes, I did. Because I don't know his sexuality, I wouldn't presume to say either way and I don't care. My point is that IF he can have sex with either gender as a preference, then he's bisexual. IF he cannot, he's straight.. The OP is a man.

You're missing the point. You can't have it both ways, yet are trying to prove points with both.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I see hypocrisy in your post from claiming to know that all who associate with transgender are born that way.

I didn't say that I know "all who associate with transgender are born that way". If they say so, I believe them.

It's implied based on your reasoning used in your previous post. It's only fair that if you imply it towards someone else, it must be implied with you.

It's definitely hypocrisy.
edit on 24-9-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What separates us from animals is that we can choose not to act on instinct.

Let me give an example of a heterosexual situation. A young man lets say, 23 is married to a woman who is pregnant with his child, she is 8 months, because of legitimate health issue's they haven't had sex for 4 months. The guy goes on a business trip where he meets an 19 old female that is super hot and totally into him, she wants to have sex with him, and he really wants to as well, because he hasn't had any for months and knows he won't be for a few more either. Every instinct in every fiber of his being is telling him go for it, now he has to make a choice, does he give into his core basic instincts ?

Giving into strong mental and emotional instincts is a choice, always has been, always will be.

edit on 24-9-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Let me give an example of a heterosexual situation. A young man lets say, 23 is married to a woman who is pregnant with his child, she is 8 months, because of legitimate health issue's they haven't had sex for 4 months. The guy goes on a business trip where he meets an 19 female old that is super hot and totally into him, she wants to have sex with him, and he really wants to as well, because he hasn't had any for months and knows he won't be for a few more either. Every instinct in every fiber of his being is telling him go for it, now he has to make a choice, does he give into his core basic instincts ?

Giving into strong mental and emotional instincts is a choice, always has been, always will be.

Your example is of "lust" not sexuailty.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So far what I have gleaned from this thread is that if you discuss choice in sexuality you are instantly a self hating bisexual.

You've done yourselves proud ATS LBGT supporters.

I fully support gay rights and generally I stay out of their business because I don't fully understand it (how could I, I haven't experienced it myself). I read these threads in order to learn more but the moment you try and shut down discussion with emotion and insults is where I draw the line in conversations.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
I believe that most homosexuality is a choice and most were not "born that way". I say this based neither on science nor religion but on personal experience.

Ha! I got to this part and wondered if your personal experience is that you are sexually attracted to men but made the choice to be straight.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

I read these threads in order to learn more but the moment you try and shut down discussion with emotion and insults is where I draw the line in conversations.

You mean you haven't seen this very subject matter discussed before on ATS? How many threads would you like to discuss this very subject matter? I would have "Drawn the line" in this conversation by directing to another thread where this has been discussed at length as MODS do with all other duplicating subject matter.

Here's a link to the search page on ATS, type in "Gay Choice" and a staggering 11,100 pages of discussion on this very subject, lots of bed time reading for you "to help you understand"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's some of the thread titles for you to read where this has been discussed;

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?, page 1
If being gay is a choice..., page 1
For people who believe homosexuality is a choice. , page 1
Whether Or Not Homosexuality Is A Choice Is Irrelevant, page 1
Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice, page 1
Gay - Not a choice but not born that way., page 1

So on and so forth............

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sexual union is for the opposite sexes to join together and procreate. That is the way that the Universe/God has programmed procreation in this reality. Lust is having sex just for the feeling/orgasm which is what a lot of people do regardless of sexual orientation (lust is a low vibration). The body is innocent and is subject to pleasure from any external source stimulating it. The rules of this reality does not allow for same sexes (humans) to procreate so its a waste of time and vital energy. Why are all of you here right now? Because of a heterosexual union between your parents and before that, your grandparents, etc. God/Universe is of no gender. Male and female are two halves of the same whole. Homosexuality is a doubt that is planted into your minds from the Western world (media) so you can waste your life in the sense of not procreating. Wealth and knowledge is passed on from generation to generation. Just like how the global elite pass on their wealth. Do not stop your bloodline because of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Let me give an example of a heterosexual situation. A young man lets say, 23 is married to a woman who is pregnant with his child, she is 8 months, because of legitimate health issue's they haven't had sex for 4 months. The guy goes on a business trip where he meets an 19 female old that is super hot and totally into him, she wants to have sex with him, and he really wants to as well, because he hasn't had any for months and knows he won't be for a few more either. Every instinct in every fiber of his being is telling him go for it, now he has to make a choice, does he give into his core basic instincts ?

Your example is of "lust" not sexuailty.

100% correct and not what is being discussed

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainFalcon
Sexual union is for the opposite sexes to join together and procreate. That is the way that the Universe/God has programmed procreation in this reality. Lust is having sex just for the feeling/orgasm which is what a lot of people do regardless of sexual orientation (lust is a low vibration). The body is innocent and is subject to pleasure from any external source stimulating it. The rules of this reality does not allow for same sexes (humans) to procreate so its a waste of time and vital energy. Why are all of you here right now? Because of a heterosexual union between your parents and before that, your grandparents, etc. God/Universe is of no gender. Male and female are two halves of the same whole. Homosexuality is a doubt that is planted into your minds from the Western world (media) so you can waste your life in the sense of not procreating. Wealth and knowledge is passed on from generation to generation. Just like how the global elite pass on their wealth. Do not stop your bloodline because of ignorance.

Sorry but god is planted, sexuality is not!

So they had media promoting it thousands of years ago, funny it was rife in many parts of Asia

edit on 24-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

What do you mean? Please elaborate

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Sexual union is for the opposite sexes to join together and procreate. That is the way that the Universe/God has programmed...

You don't know spit about the universe. Don't speak for it.
edit on 24-9-2015 by pilgrimOmega because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by pilgrimOmega because: didn't want to quote all the horse hockey

link   

Twaddle, absolute Twaddle, Homosexulaity only exists in the Western World due to the media??? So what about the same sex marriages by the Early Christian Churches? Was that because of Western Media?

Not even going to comment on the rest of the drivel you spouted as your obviously trolling this thread and created another handle for yourself just to put that nonsense up so you never tarnished you main handle with the rhetoric you spouted....

And there are only 2 Billion folk on this blue planet that believe in Christianity, that's 5 Billion other people who think its all man made tosh to keep folk like you in check. Don't use God as an excuse for your mumbo jumbo nonsense, you've probably never even read the whole of the bible in the first instance.

edit on 24.9.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

link   
American Psychological Association: www.apa.org...

American Academy of Pediatrics: pediatrics.aappublications.org...

APA's brief to the California supreme court: www.courts.ca.gov...

Royal College of Psychiatrists: www.rcpsych.ac.uk...

American Psychiatric Association: web.archive.org...

Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That's all I have to contribute.

I respect the views and opinions of everyone whether I agree with them or not. Peace.
edit on 9/24/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I read these threads in order to learn more but the moment you try and shut down discussion with emotion and insults is where I draw the line in conversations.

originally posted by: flammadraco
You mean you haven't seen this very subject matter discussed before on ATS?

You didn't really address what I'm saying. I do read these threads to learn, I'm not so whiney that it hurts my feelings to have more than one of them either. I've seen LGBT supporters in these threads plenty of times trying to use gay/bisexual as an insult towards OP. What gives with those kind of responses? Care to address what I'm saying instead of again trying to shut down discussion?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

What I said is true. Don't bash a point because you are gay or lesbian.
This reality allows people to be gay or lesbian but the bottom line is you won't procreate.
I am an emanation of the universe just like you.
If what I say holds true, then I can speak for the universe.
This is not a debate of defending your opinion(s), this is to know what is true.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

if 11,100 pages of this very same discussion hasn't taught you anything, then I'm sorry to say nothing will.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I don't have a religion but my parents are Hindu, so I guess I am too.
In Hinduism though, everyone is "Hindu" because we are all in the universe/God
Hinduism is not itself defined as a religion per say but is known as "the way of the cosmos"

All I'm getting is responses of hate and not any valid arguments.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

a reply to: pilgrimOmega

I am an emanation of the universe just like you.
If what I say holds true, then I can speak for the universe.

Delusions of Grandeur - seek help,

ATS is the internet version of a mental asylum

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join