It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Ahhhh no offense taken, this is clearly a subject a lot closer to home for you than me, you're bound to be more invested in the topic than I am. Have a great day!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: captainFalcon

God is man made, the rest of your post in moot!

See, now that is an opinion. Many share it, and many more do not. But it's not the subject of this thread.

You could start your own, "I don't believe in God" thread, or you could go look at the many other threads with the same information. But please notice, you are FREE to do either one. Even if there are others.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Lets put this into context networkdude

* 54,245 pages of discussions on LGBT issues
* Only 13,300 pages on discussions about Chemtrails
* 10,400 pages discussing JFK
* 7340 Pages discussing the Moon Landings

Only one subject matter has been discussed more than LGBT issues that I can find and that is about ISIS but even then 10,700 pages of ISIS pages have Gay subject matter.

Again, what has LGBT issues got to do with a Conspiracy??

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Man 'has sex with tree,

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Skyfloating's back.....

Yay

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I get where you are coming from, I get sick of all the Christian bashing topics, although I didn't count them,

I don't think the OP meant to bash anyone.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You have NO respect for LGBT people to try to tell them their own minds. What could you possibly hope to gain?

There you go. What is the point of this thread?

I see unnecessary, with intent to insult.

(post by captainFalcon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

That couple has a right to express their selves. The tree is standing strong on their position, and guy is a God. Who are we to judge God?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice, page 1

So on and so forth............

Actually, that one right there doesn't prove being gay is a choice. What it proves is that the human mind is more malleable and easily manipulated than you might ever realize when shoved into an institutionalize system. And in prison sex also about power.

Ben Carson just got infinitely more retarded with that belief and argument. I think Ben Carson needs to spend some time in prison and see what happens to him.

So on and so forth...... indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would have to disagree with all homosexuality being a choice. Whenever something like this comes up, I always go back to my Psychology class I took my Junior Year of High School (College Program). We had this woman in class who identified as Lesbian. When asked by the instructor how she knew, she replied something along the lines of "I just knew I was different when I was around 13 years old"

I do believe homosexuality is something that people are born with, but I also believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality in and of itself. I think I am firmly in the belief that it is natures own little way of population control, but humans are capable of post natural thinking.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Lets put this into context networkdude

* 54,245 pages of discussions on LGBT issues
* Only 13,300 pages on discussions about Chemtrails
* 10,400 pages discussing JFK
* 7340 Pages discussing the Moon Landings

Only one subject matter has been discussed more than LGBT issues that I can find and that is about ISIS but even then 10,700 pages of ISIS pages have Gay subject matter.

Again, what has LGBT issues got to do with a Conspiracy??

Curiosity. Honestly most here would like to know more about this, and as I said, it's a really touchy subject. there are many patient people here who willingly discuss things like this and offer opinions, all while ignoring the obvious trolls and haters. If it is a subject you dislike, my advice is don't enter into the discussion. based on your numbers, it's a topic a lot of us here want to talk about.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Look, if my post got removed I hope what prompted it did. Talk about effing thread drift.

Why is this thread even being allowed for the millionth time.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I get where you are coming from, I get sick of all the Christian bashing topics, although I didn't count them,

To be fair, he made a claim against all gay people in the World based on knowing two lesbians.

As a gay bloke, who has lived in the gay community for 20 years I've yet to meet one gay person that chose to be gay.

The OP is offensive and does indeed anger me personally, as it seems like an attempt to spread ignorance on an issue that causes a lot of pain and suffering to people who are gay.

If a thread was created based on race or gender in a similar context it would cause offense and probably be removed.

edit on 24-9-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

Totally agree with you and these are the same points I've made several times in this thread.

There is absolutely no reason for this thread to have been made when it could have been stopped by a MOD and links provided to the several other threads on this very subject already on ATS for people to continue this discussion and the OP could have made his statement on one of these other threads.

Just amazed how fascinating gay people must be to some ATS members when they discuss these issues more than actual conspiracy topics.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Whaaa....

This post was specifically designed to trash homosexuals, bisexuals, transgender, etc, their lifestyle and choice of sexuality. It was subtle but homophobic in it's intent!

It still calls into question those obsessed with others sexuality eh?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

AMEN! Why are all these straight guys sitting around thinking about homosexuals so much????

Hmmm.....

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
After reading more pages of this discussion and pondering...

If being "gay" is a choice, then does that mean being "straight" is a choice? I never realized I had chosen to not be attracted to other men?

If I choose to be gay, then that means I choose NOT to be straight...indicating that being straight is indeed a choice.

I don't buy this. This isn't like choosing your favorite sports team.

I can force myself to be a Washington Senators baseball fan, I can't force myself to be attracted to other men though. By saying gay men choose to force themselves to be attracted to other men, you indicate that they are lying to everyone and themselves.

And in the larger context and scheme of it all -- who really cares? What does any of this have to do with you personally? Are armies of gay men physically showing up in your home? Are you being held down and forced to be gay in person by other gay men? Are you being arrested for not being gay?

No one judges people for being straight, so why judge someone else for being gay? Who cares if they are a minority, animals practice homosexuality too, so it's not like its a human-only thing. Homosexuality is found in nature, it's not some kind of man-made construct.

If being gay is immoral, a choice, and deemed a sin by God -- then some of his animals apparently didn't get that memo and are going to suffer God's wrath when they die, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I would say the opposite actually..I think most heterosexuality is a choice..

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join