It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Even if it is a choice (which most likely isnt ) it is a persons FREE CHOICE. It harms no one. The most interesting thing to ask is why does anyone care what people get up to?

From my experience from talking to LGBT people and Non LGBT people its more about love then sex and while I believe anyone could choose a sexual act that interests them you can't choose who you love. In short sex can be a choice, love can't be.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: drivers1492
Do any of you actually read your own replies? The op wasn't expressing malice nor made any statements of fact that I saw. I saw an opinion that didn't seem to express any ill will. Yet not 2 posts in I see.....awww gawd another gay bashing thread...... then it's been repeated over and over. Wtf people one sentence is I love diversity and the next is slinging a slur because some expressed an idea you don't feel is right. Who cares if people have been bashing gays in other threads or on social media judge each one by their merit. I stayed away from ats quite a while and it's this ignorant bs being slung about at the op is exactly why. If you love diversity then get the sand out your panties and start accepting people's thoughts when presented in a manner that isn't showing a disdain for the topic. Ffs you guys/gals are just acting like whiny pricks.

I have nothing of substance to add to this thread. I'm just in here because, as soon as I saw the thread title, I knew the OP would have a flood of vindictive "individuals" washing up to spout their opinions. Was not disappointed.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well, this thread certainly proves one thing.
There are very few open minded people left in this world.
There are very few people left with the ability to communicate with each other, by respect one's view's while disagreeing with them.

Bravo.

As far as the OP goes? I've seen some of the same as you. Girls who want girls, but love men. But I did grow up with a male friend, that we all knew, including himself at a very young age, that he was gay. I believe he was born that way, without a doubt, as does he.
edit on 24-9-2015 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
There can never be enough GLBTQ+ bashing topics...

Didn't see bashing myself. Is that really what the forums have come to? Anything that goes against a determined response is bashing or anyone of a number of labels? If so please understand people taking that view are basically wind up toys. People know what to do to get them going and know the response. Don't know why pavlovs dog comes to mind....kind of funny.

Interesting post op, Im sure different people will give you different responses, except for the wind up toys. You already know that response. Bashing, hate, homophobia...take your pic.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
With all due respect you can not make a theory that applies to all but 0.1% of the populace based on your own experiences.
In my experience if i was to make a choice i would be heterosexual simply because of the hypothesies presented by heterosexual males such as yourself, it's because of you and others like you that people develop insecurities regarding their sexuality. I mean no disrespect by saying this, i am simply making the point that your outlook on sexuality has no bearing on anyone or anything and quite simply is not necessary as it is very insulting towards those who most certainly did not make the choice to be ridiculed and seen as a stain on humanity.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

originally posted by: butcherguy
I found it interesting. I am not aware of the bashing though.

Knee-jerk reactions. It's a nuanced OP with no gay-bashing at all.

Or conversely it is an assumption.

Do people who suffer from a mental illness see their affliction as a choice?
edit on 24-9-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Ignorance is a choice, being GLBTQ+ is not. no one does it for "Attention" or to be "Special" or "Different"

This is a false statement. And proves the first part of your post incorrect as well.
There are those who claim to be gay for attention, only to change that view later in life. I live with one. I know this for FACT.
In the future, please try to refrain from making empirical statements.

And I saw no bashing in the OP. You are free to disagree, but since you took the time to post in this thread, the least you could do is read OP. It's an opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When a heterosexual male looks at a attractive woman he does not choose to be attracted he just is. Is it that hard to imagine that for some people the "just are" attracted to the same sex?

It is an innate feature hard wired into the brain. Some people are black and some are white, some people are tall while others are short. If we are willing to accept that there are parts of being human that are hardwired into us why is it so hard to believe ?

What I find hard to believe is why with all the stigma that is shown towards LGBT why anyone would "choose" a same sex attraction.

Of course the simple explanation is......

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
so two women who were obviously bi-sexual, regardless of whether or not they want to label themselves as that leads you to believe that EVERY single instance of homosexuality is a choice?

not for nothin, but thats not really that large of a focus group you've got there.

if i formed a broad sweeping general opinion concerning whole demographics of people based on the personal interactions i've had with just 1 or 2 from said demo, then i'd have a whole lot of misconceptions arising from literal ignorance, which no offense, but that seems to be the case here.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It would be nice if science could prove that homosexuality is either a choice or genetic. The way things are right now is that we only have empirical evidence available. If it is a choice then people should be free to make that choice if that is what they want. If it is genetic then science should be able to find a cure that could help people that chose to change their sexual preference.

I have proved that sexuality... I won't call it homo or hetero is NOT a choice. I've also found a strange link between my method and that of genetics. In other words, somehow the two work together and I'm still trying to figure out how and why. It also shoots down the idea of free will or free choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Wrong, dead wrong. As I had said before I have a sibling that is homosexual and believe me it is caused him nothing but a life of depression. To make such an asinine statement is ignorant at best. I suggest to you sir before you walk a mile in someone shoes don't be so quick to judge something you don't understand. Just because it's alien to you doesn't mean it is the next person. After all are you that self-important that you think everything revolves around you? As I say to most misguided people I run into, "I will pray for you that you find a way to grow, and get rid of the hate for things you don't understand." Namaste
edit on 24-9-2015 by Ikema because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ikema
"I will pray for you that you find a way to grow, and get rid of the hate for things you don't understand." Namaste

I have seen this all through the thread. The OP made an observation based on his experience. I don't agree with the term "most" in the thread title, or the discussion, but haven't seen any hatred towards homosexuals or bisexuals at all. depending on how you feel about the discussion, you may disagree, but I think the obvious knee jerk reaction by a lot of the members here is sad. It's almost like since this is a touchy subject, we aren't allowed to discuss it unless we are praising it.

The misplaced hostility is sad.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Badgered1

A "cure"? Really Metallicus? You really can't think like that, can you? In 2015? Wow. Just wow.

If science finds that homosexuality is a genetic abnormality why would you NOT want to give people the ability to be straight if that was THEIR CHOICE. I have read many place (even in this very thread) that many people that are gay would prefer to be straight, but they can't change their preference. What if science makes that possible? Why would that not be an option for some people?

I don't see anything judgmental or wrong with my thinking in fact I think it is quite logical that it would be great to offer people choices if they wanted to change. I am not suggesting we force anyone to change.

Where would we draw the line? With left handed people next? Of course it benefits people to be right handed and being left handed is a genetic anomaly. It also appears to benefit people to be thin and muscular and for women to have large boobs, do we need to cure people of this as well? We know that it benefits people to be white, male and Christian...so do we then cure everyone that doesn't fit that description? Just asking.

Why the need to draw a line at all?
Do you need to define what is wrong and what is right?

Why don't you give me the choice and let me decide where I draw my personal line?
edit on 24-9-2015 by DupontDeux because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
For me I don't understand being "Gay". In no way however do I believe that this is a choice. That's like telling me that I could just turn the switch to start liking men in a romantic way. Sorry it's not going to happen. The OP has their right to his opinion but at some point they need to start taking the blinders off and stop being so damn ignorant.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You can't tell if homesexuality is a choice based on personnal experiences with 2 women.

They're just aren't that many REAL homosexual women out there, most are bi-sexual. Almost the only ones that aren't bi-sexual are the ones that look more like a man than a women. Women that switch teams have usually been mistreated by one or more men and these women made a choice, but they are still not solely homosexual.

Homosexual men on the other way are born that way. Mistreated men don't switch teams only because of their experiences with the wrong women. Some may decide to ignore their urges but having a sexual preference is not a choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
You see, when it comes to transgendered people, the LBGT-movement claims that "they are not born that way"

That is not true. Transgender people ARE born in the body of the opposite gender. They ARE born that way, just like gay people. So, the contradiction you claim is nonexistent.

What if homosexuality is not fixed and that most people are not "born that way"?

That's my question (that you never answered). What if it is a choice? What business is it of yours?

Prior to marriage I could also increase or decrease sexual and romantic desire for certain types of people at will.

Are you saying that you could have increased your sexual desire for men and could have sex with men as a preference? You could change or choose your sexual gender preference? If that's true, then you are bisexual.

The myth of our times is that homosexuality is not a choice

And THAT is the "bashing" I'm talking about. Apparently you're straight and you presume to tell a whole section of society that they are lying about their sexuality being something they were born into. How dare you? Who are you, that you have information they don't have, that you could be able to make the statements that you have here? What kind of insight are you claiming, that even though the VAST majority of gay people say they were born that way, YOU have the 411 on their minds and hearts?

You have NO respect for LGBT people to try to tell them their own minds. What could you possibly hope to gain?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You used reasoning to point to her being bisexual and straight to prove differing points....

I see hypocrisy in your post from claiming to know that all who associate with transgender are born that way.

Might want to refine the post.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Ikema
"I will pray for you that you find a way to grow, and get rid of the hate for things you don't understand." Namaste

It's almost like since this is a touchy subject, we aren't allowed to discuss it unless we are praising it.

Touchy subject, totally concur but lets look at some ATS stats on this very subject matter;

There are a total of 156 threads about Hetrosexuality, 1450 threads on Bisexuality, 11,900 threads on Homosexuality and a STAGGERING 40,900 threads about "Gays". Of course gay ATS members are going to be peeved at yet again having to have this non stop discussion about our sexuality as its bought up on a weekly basis sometimes daily depending on what nut job in the states is spouting on about and using their invisible friend in the sky as an excuse.

IMO if this was any other subject matter then we would see a MOD close it down and point folk to another thread where this has already been discussed in the 40 odd thousand other gay threads, but no we have to repeat and repeat and repeat the constant drivel time and again. There is nothing new in this thread that has not been discussed by you and I a thousand times before. This very subject about gay being a choice has been discussed in 11,100 other threads, is it totally necessary for yet another one?

I also see members on this thread accusing others of a knee jerk reactions and yet in threads discussing "chemtrails" as an example, if you even go to one side of that debate for a nano second you are bashed by the opposing side. It happens all the time on ATS and i think its time for the MODS to start doing with these kinds of threads on what they do with others that are duplicating and thats to close it down and link to the numerous other threads where this has already been discussed.

Bottom dollar, what the hell has the sex life of a gay person got to do with a conspiracy website, other than the numpties that believe in the Gay Agenda which I myself after a few decades have not even been privy to????

Of course you will have gay folk having knee jerk reactions as yet again some members of ATS (not necessarily the OP) use these threads to bash Gay folk. I didn't join ATS to read about others sex life, I joined ATS for stimulating debate about the mysteries of the world, not what you and I do in the privacy of our bedrooms!!

edit on 24.9.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I believe it can be a choice.

However not everyone understands why they feel the way they do.

It's all environmental factors.

Even if you want to argue it's genetic, the cause of that would be the environmental impacts on the father, the mother, and the pregnancy.

I honestly don't know why this is still up for debate.

Can someone please find the flaw in my thinking?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ignorance, too, is a choice.

I didn't choose to be straight. I bet you didn't either, because if you said you chose straightness, that would imply that you had something to compare it to. And you wouldn't want anybody thinking that.

Nobody straight I know can remember the day they chose to be heterosexual. Because they didn't. And if they didn't, neither do homosexuals.
edit on 24-9-2015 by pilgrimOmega because: addendum

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join