It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So one day you wake up and think,
"I will be Strait! I will be sexualy atracted to females."
and thats it ?

the only difrentce with feamale and male is hormones.
but humans are All different.
some like females and some males.
some like animals! or othere Things.
it is just a part of each individual.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
a reply to: olaru12

AMEN! Why are all these straight guys sitting around thinking about homosexuals so much????

Hmmm.....

I know, right? Most of my gay friends find it hilarious that some straight men fuss and obsess over gay rights and homosexuality.

If anything, these macho guys should be thanking the gay men for not being competition for women!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

AMEN! Why are all these straight guys sitting around thinking about homosexuals so much????

Hmmm.....

Yeah, and it's also a good way to lose all credibility by going around painting a segment of American culture with a broad brush.

If this was about race, this thread would have been 4o4ed immediately.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Even if homosexuality was a choice, it wouldnt make the choice bad. For most people it isnt a choice but if I decide to **** guys all day as a straight man who even cares? The stuff is either based on religious views or puritanical anti-sex views if you dont accept it. Nobody is forcing you to do anything different with your sex life, they just want you to decide to stop treating other people like garbage. You aren't even all that great, are you jesus or something? Let people have the kinds of sex they want if they aren't hurting people. LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT IF THEY ARENT HURTING PEOPLE! You don't need to take people down a peg for being different than you. You are just being the enforcer for a corrupt system that makes us all feel worthless.
edit on 924/2015 by revswim because: took out most of the curse words

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hmmm.....

Oh look, another person seemingly standing up for LGBT, yet you're trying to insult heterosexuals by insinuating they're gay. Why do you try to use 'gay' as an insult if you're so pro-LGBT?

This is what I was talking about when I entered this thread. Is it like a black people N word thing? Can LGBT supporters call you gay as an insult but nobody else can?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

I'm standing up for personal freedom. Period.

If you are so eager for a strict set of rules, go live with the Taliban.

It's my understanding that 'gay' is an accepted term. It is the 'G' in LBGT after all. I think 'fag' is supposed to be offensive, but I didn't use that term did I?

I'm not insulting heterosexuals. Heterosexual men who are confident in their sexuality aren't threatened by gay people, nor do they sit around and think about them all day.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

If anything, these macho guys should be thanking the gay men for not being competition for women!

Bwa hahahaha! RIGHT! Straight guys should be patting gay guys on the back! More women to go around!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sex
Attraction
Desire
Procreation
Preference
Chemistry
Love
Intimacy
Release

None of the above words really need any of the others to work.
Because of this, saying that homosexuality is a choice is completely unfair.
Being attracted to someone of any gender does not define your sexuality.
Procreation is ultimately a vehicle to continue the species, but it can be achieved without any desire, intimacy. It's also not necessarily 'sex' - as I believe sex to be an participatory act.
You have sex without intimacy. You can have attraction without desire. You can have love without chemistry. You can have release without procreating. You can have preference without sexuality.
Being a certain gender anatomically does not necessarily mean that that person must be that gender "inside."
Attraction to any one other person does not mean that you have chemistry, or that you will have sex. It also doesn't make you a 'homosexual' if that person is a different gender to you. If you are only attracted to that gender, then maybe, but not necessarily. There's no choice in sexuality. The only choice is how you manifest it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement
If you are so eager for a strict set of rules, go live with the Taliban.

Excuse me? Are you in the right thread?

It's my understanding that 'gay' is an accepted term. It is the 'G' in LBGT after all. I think 'fag' is supposed to be offensive, but I didn't use that term did I?

No, but you used 'gay' as an insult. It's all about intention.

I'm not insulting heterosexuals. Heterosexual men who are confident in their sexuality aren't threatened by gay people, nor do they sit around and think about them all day.

I'm not sure you can make that assumption based on this thread. You don't know most of the posters here I imagine, and have no idea how they live their lives or what they think is important.

I'm not even sure you're an LGBT supporter, you seem more like one of those social justice warriors that jumps on the topic of the day to appear moral.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

And helping us understand women. Gay men may be attracted to men like women -- but they're still men. My gay friends are an amazing wealth of insight into women, and a great source of fashion advice. Let's face it guys...dressing like a slob doesn't help us get better jobs or attract women!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So, if i read this right

Being gay = Sex

Heterosexual = Love, relationships, memories, families, marriage, companionship

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

Hmmm.....

Oh look, another person seemingly standing up for LGBT, yet you're trying to insult heterosexuals by insinuating they're gay. Why do you try to use 'gay' as an insult if you're so pro-LGBT?

IMO that post was not insulting anyone and is the same question I've been asking "why are so many ATS members" fascinated with LGBT issues?

As the old saying goes "He does protest to much" and this can be proven by the number of anti gay pasters in the U.S. who have been caught engaging in Gay shenanigans.

Every time I see/hear someone being anti gay I think one of two things, they are either in the closet or their loved one left them for someone of the same sex.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I remember one of my first threads when joining ATS was in the vicinity of this subject. However, it did have a twist.

Some years ago I read about an article revolving around homosexuality in cattle. They had problems with procreation and increasing the size of the cattle due to homosexuality. Researchers found that this was due to the inability of the cattles' hypothalamus to generate a certain hormone, which made them homosexual. I can't remember exactly, but I believe they solved the problem by providing the hormone in their diet.

This is from a national magazine called "Illustrated Science" (translated).

So, what if this translates to humans in some way? Will homosexuality one day be "cured" by ingesting a pill containing a certain hormone? Or is the issue of homosexuality in humans more complex? I would opt for the latter, but I believe there are more to this than science.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Every time I see/hear someone being anti gay I think one of two things, they are either in the closet or their loved one left them for someone of the same sex.

Sorry, we'll just have to disagree. Plenty of people find it repulsive (despite how you feel about that) and plenty of people disagree morally or on religious grounds. I don't agree with those points but to pigeon-hole everyone that disagrees with you into a category is almost as bad as the anti-gay bigots are doing.

Problem is a lot of people who have genuine curiousity on these subjects get lumped in with those anti-gay people. Many straight people are curious about the subject because they have a gay relative or friend. People neutral to the subject can't be expected to learn properly when we hear both sides of the arguments. Because if they ask about one side of the argument, the side that disagrees with you, then they're thrown on the anti-gay pile with the rest of them and labelled a bigot.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Well, thanks for sharing your belief.

I believe you are wrong.

The myth of our times is that people feel it is justified to try and label other people and/or want to interfere in their lives, by assuming that somehow their opinion matters more than how another person might think, or feel.

Because to a gay person, who knows their own sexuality, your belief simply means nothing.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
you to believe that EVERY single instance of homosexuality is a choice?

No I don't. I`m tired of repeating that I don't believe that. I stated that I think a small percentage of people are actually homosexual by nature. I believe the current hype around homosexuality has driven this number up to 5% or more when it's actually only around 0.1%.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ikema

Wrong, dead wrong. As I had said before I have a sibling that is homosexual and believe me it is caused him nothing but a life of depression.

Just because you happen to know someone who is homsexual by nature (apparently, and not due to upbringing), doesn't mean everyone is.

link   
double post

edit on 24-9-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

link   
Are you gay? I'm not, so i dont know, but I will take their word on it. I didn't choose to like women, I just do. Why should it be any different for the opposite end of the spectrum?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234
Are you gay? I'm not, so i dont know, but I will take their word on it. I didn't choose to like women, I just do. Why should it be any different for the opposite end of the spectrum?

Couldn't agree more with this, this simple piece of logic right here is exactly why I don't believe sexuality is a choice.

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join