It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

I gotta step in here a sec and say my piece.

Shamrock is a LEO, but he is very forthcomng with condemnation for others in his profession when it is called for. If you are wanting to know that for yourself, go take a look at any of my threads lately about the fustercluck in Waco and see what he has had to say about what has been posted regarding LEO conduct in that situation.

He's one of the few I would have no problems hangng the "good cop" tag on, I've known a few and know that a lot of them just want to do their jobs the best they can and provide for their family.

I also know that there are far too many bad cops and those who would be good cops but stay quiet to keep their own peace thus enabling the bad ones by default.

There is plenty of corruption in law enforcement, I know and have no problem pointing it out.

I have a feeling Shamrock would speak up if he saw something any of us would question.

Thank you to everyone for providing updates on this as they become available, espically those local to the happening, you're the types of posters that drew me here to ATS and kept me here longer than otherwise would have happened.

edit on 1-9-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

How do you know they don't?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: Daughter2

How do you know they don't?

Good point. I expect by now they either know exactly who they're looking for or having a pretty small list of suspects. Hopefully the officer got them on his dashcam, and I still think there's a chance that business caught something on surveillance camera. They may just not be sharing it with people outside LE.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
they will probably be discovered dead from gunshot wounds outside a vacant vacation cabin, similar to the guys that got killed after escaping from the prison in New York last month

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Or brought in alive like the guy in Texas.

And the guy in Louisiana.

And the other guy in Louisiana.

Or the other, other guy in Louisiana.

Oh and that one in Texas, too.

The list goes on.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire community. What a day it must have been not only for law enforcement and their families but for all those poor teachers and kids trapped at school. Just hope the dying is over and nobody else suffers as a result of these idiots.
Are the schools still in lockdown?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

At the 4:20pm news conference, the police commander said that the children were released from school at 4:00pm, if a parent came and picked them up. Normal release time was 3:00pm.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm from the general area....that man was an outstanding policeman.. An Army veteran... A Father of four boys and an active mentor to Our Youth..He was exactly what you'd want in a police officer.
He was not a fool as someone so insensitively said...he was a good and fair officer and knew a lot of people as he took the time to do so.
Those 3 KILLERS were displaying suspicious behavior and he approached them..he called in very basic descriptions and then lost communications right after...hopefully these 3 killers will be caught quickly.
edit on 1-9-2015 by ujustneverknow because: Typo

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Saw this come across my Facebook timeline tonight. Is this in fact true? To think that cops are being attacked and dropped this fast is a very disturbing trend... I don't know if this is more going to be the norm or what??

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ujustneverknow
I'm from the general area....that man was an outstanding policeman.. An Army veteran... A Father of four boys and an active mentor to Our Youth..He was exactly what you'd want in a police officer.
He was not a fool as someone so insensitively said...he was a good and fair officer and knew a lot of people as he took the time to do so.
Those 3 KILLERS were displaying suspicious behavior and he approached them..he called in very basic descriptions and then lost communications right after...hopefully these 3 killers will be caught quickly.

I'm from the area too, well, I work up there.. When I left work today (around 3 CST) and was driving along rt 12, I saw so many police cars racing around there.. I didn't personally know the officer, but I definitely heard many good things from people I know from the area. Sad day when incidents like these happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Yep, it is indeed true, but only 6 were killed by gunfire (and one by assault), the rest were vehicle accidents, accidental deaths, and one heart attack. you can find the statistics here ,there were also 16 law enforcement deaths in March and May of this year, and gunfire deaths of law enforcement are down by 17% so far this year.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is horrible. I hope they catch the culprits!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
This is horrible. I hope they catch the culprits!!!

I hope they do too, but seeing as the shooting happened at 8am (while it was light out) and now they've had 13 hours and night time on their side. I'm worried that these POS may have gotten away...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The manhunt continues in fox lake ... But I have a dumb question to ask. How do they know they are in the area ? Even on foot they could be well into Wisconsin. Or in the city (Chicago).

Any insights? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I would guess they are away from Fox lake by now. It's been nearly 14 hours since the shooting, and I saw lots of cops cars zipping around neighboring cities, as far as Palatine/Lake Zurich, Mundelein, etc.. I would guess they made it away from the city, which sucks, because these guys are obviously willing to shoot to kill.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There was a police helicopter and some kind of mini-airplane flying over and along Illinois Route 53 at 4pm today. Illinois Route 53 is highway that tourists take to get from Fox Lake back to Chicago.

BTW.. is there a description of the murderers yet? I'm watching the 10pm news and they have nothing much to say other than how loved and respected the officer was. It's almost as if he were attacked by ghosts.

(post by fixitwcw removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm watching WGN in Chicago. They said "two white men and 1 black man"... admit that the description is not good at all

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
RIP Officer Gliniewiczcer.

I pray the ones guilty of the heinous crime be brought to swift justice.

Peace be found by the family and friends in these troubling times.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Fox lake has announced all their schools will be closed tomorrow due to manhunt.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join