It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

A manhunt is underway in far north suburban Fox Lake. Police said they are looking for two men who should be considered armed and dangerous.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

Just saw this on my facebook. Not much info as of yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Patch is reporting the officer has died.

Also, at least one school is on lockdown due to proximity to the shooting.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Where did you see that? This is local for me and it's crickets.

RIP to the officer.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Weird story...it gives no context as to why they were hunting for them in the first place. Did they just ambush a LEO and shoot him or something?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Your source is updated with the same info now.

I saw it in an alert I have setup.

ETA - officer's gun and OC spray were taken.

wgntv.com...

ETA again - Marshals are now assisting in the manhunt.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Not clue. This is the worst reporting ever. I just flipped through all the news channels and there's nothing.

Weird is right.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Not clue. This is the worst reporting ever. I just flipped through all the news channels and there's nothing.

Weird is right.

Yeah...I would think a LEO dying from being shot would be hitting National News at this point....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Your source is updated with the same info now.

I saw it in an alert I have setup.

ETA - officer's gun and OC spray were taken.

wgntv.com...

ETA again - Marshals are now assisting in the manhunt.

Anything on the background of the story at all? Such as why are these guys on the run in the first place? That link says there may be a third. Makes me think they were pulled over/stopped for something and one of them shot the officer then another took his gun and spray or something.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A description of the suspects would be nice!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

A description of the suspects would be nice!

One is black and one is white.....possibly a third, but who needs specifics right? Wonder if the third is hispanic and this will be the shooting to end all race related shooting stories....

Meanwhile, police are searching for two suspects: one white male and one black male. There is also possibly a third suspect. Multiple helicopters and K9s are searching the area.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Seems to have been from a traffic stop:

CHICAGO (CBS) — A manhunt was underway in far north suburban Fox Lake, after a police officer was shot and killed during a traffic stop.

Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko said an officer was shot Tuesday morning near Rollins Road and Route 59. Sources said the officer has died.

According to sources, it started with a traffic stop on Rollins Road, when pepper spray was deployed, and the officer was shot.

Manhunt In Fox Lake After Police Officer Shot And Killed

Is it just me, or does there seem to be an increase in this type of ting?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Two males, one black one white. Possible third suspect is female, no race. No info beyond that.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Twitter wasn't any help.

So far we know the officer is dead, the suspects are armed and dangerous and we should report suspicious people.

Thanks for the updates everyone!
edit on 1-9-2015 by KawRider9 because: bacon

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My parents live in Fox Lake. They've been told to stay indoors. Most local schools are in either a hard or soft lockdown (fox lake, Antioch, wauconda, grayslake, lake villa, etc)

Only description they've heard is one white guy and one black guy. A female was reported to be with them too, but that news is sketchy.

A good place for on the ground updates from locals is a Facebook page (I know I know) that is the lake and mchenry county scanner.
m.facebook.com...

They said the number of cops, swats, and helicopters around their place is scary!

Prayers for the officer that died ... And his family and friends. This is a very sad situation and hopefully no one else will get hurt.
edit on 1-9-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Other members have been using broadcastify to listen to scanners. I don't know any of the areas up there but somebody may want to check that out.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Saying officer wounded now.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Where did you see that? Everything I'm seeing says he was transported and died in hospital.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
News conference by Sheriff's office states 2 white males and 1 black male are being sought. Officer was in foot pursuit when he was shot. That's all they said other than officer was wounded.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Chicago tribune is reporting no female suspect. Two white males and one black male.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This report has a different mix of suspects:

Officers responding to the scene to help the officer found him in a marshy area, stripped of his gun and other gear, Rose said. He died at the scene, the undersheriff said.

Police have established a perimeter and are seeking one black male and two white males, Rose said.

Fox Lake police officer shot and killed, manhunt underway in Lake County

No mention of a female, and a confirmation of the officer's death.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join