It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Crap I have relatives in that area! My native county - my parents both came from Grayslake, spittin' distance!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: fixitwcw

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it inaccurate.

The question was asked why LE floods the area to look for a cop killer. And the answer is because if somebody has already killed one cop they don't have much else to lose by killing another, or killing anybody else. As such, sending one guy out to look for a cop killer doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense now does it? Doesn't mean they're going to automatically keep on killing people. But that's not really one of those things you want to find out the hard way as to will he/won't he, is it?

Do let us know if the "air cav" finally lands, though.

I think they may have caught one guy. They probably split up and are in survival mode right now. I seriously doubt it was an intentional murder. The cop probably walked in on w/e crime they were committing.

I'd imagine that it will be very hard to find them. Unless they got a good vehicle cam or building cam photo. The screwed up by killing a cop. Now, they're going to be hunted 100x more than they would have if they just knocked him out or something. I hope they are caught soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The manhunt has been called off. They are still investigating. None of the 3 suspects have been found.
they are officially saying the killers could be out of state at his point... Who knows.

Fox lake is right on the chains of lakes. These guys could have jet skied out of town. It's a difficult area to control - woods, lakes, rivers, swamps... Closing down the roads doesn't stop boat traffic.

This is from CNN ( so take with grain of salt).

So far, police have found no witnesses, but they did recover surveillance tape. The quality of the video is not promising, but investigators were going through it Wednesday morning, Filenko said.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I disagree. The murder was mostly likely intentional because Lieutenant Gliniewicz was Rambo ambushed when he ran into the woods after them.

What I still can't comprehend is why the police haven't run the license plate of the vehicle they were in and posted a description of the owner. I don't think it was a stolen car, was it?

edit on 9/2/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: KawRider9

Crap I have relatives in that area! My native county - my parents both came from Grayslake, spittin' distance!

Yah...this is 10 minutes from me.

They haven't caught anyone yet, though they say that 2 white guys and 1 black guy is what they are working with, but that is the best they have and they aren't certain those "suspicious individuals" are their guys.

Unfortunately this is rural enough where there would be not many security vids etc. to go by. That said there are some businesses scattered on RT. 12 nearby (the main thoroughfare) that might have useful video of suspicious characters coming or going.

For reference the officer was shot near the Fox Lake Animal Hospital.

As I heard it unfold...

(A) The officer casually called in that he was going to investigate some unusual activity...Again, teens smoking pot is about as crazy as it gets in this area.

(B) Then he radioed in he was in foot pursuit ...

That was the last they heard and went looking for him and found him shot dead with his gear and gun missing.

This is not a high crime area...at all..Teenagers breaking into cars is usually about as lively as it gets.

I know a couple of the cops that were put on the hunt yesterday. Really tragic and I worry without these guys talking about what they did (lets hope they brag) there is a pretty cold trail and leads.

They as much as admitted that the search of the surrounding area was just covering the bases. There is no reason to believe these guys didn't simply return to their car and leave before back-up arrived and discovered the dead officer.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

Fox lake is right on the chains of lakes. These guys could have jet skied out of town. It's a difficult area to control - woods, lakes, rivers, swamps... Closing down the roads doesn't stop boat traffic.

This is from CNN ( so take with grain of salt).

Fox Lake is definitely a messy place to try and lock down. It is known as the most congested inland chain of lakes in the USA...more people on the water per square foot than anyplace else. Again, locking down the area 10-30 minutes after the officer was shot, or however long it took them to find him, is really an exercise in futility without a solid description of the suspects...and the suspects were likely long gone by then.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm hoping they actually have more than they're letting on.
There's a traffic cam at route 12...they had over 100 tips...stopping the hunt could actually be a.promising development.
I'm wondering if the killers took the Lt.'s radio..and if so I'm sure the police acted accordingly.
I can't wait til this is all over.
We have another man on the run situation in Crystal Lake as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: blueman12

I disagree. The murder was mostly likely intentional because Lieutenant Gliniewicz was Rambo ambushed when he ran into the woods after them.

What I still can't comprehend is why the police haven't run the license plate of the vehicle they were in and posted a description of the owner. I don't think it was a stolen car, was it?

My understanding is that there is no vehicle. Reports that this was a traffic stop were inaccurate. The officer was just out on a regular patrol and spotted three suspicious people. Called in brief description of suspicious activity. Approached them, they ran, he chased on foot and called in that he was in pursuit on foot. When back up arrived he was found dead in the woods.

Again, this is my undersabfing of the story. I could be wrong because there has been a lot of bad info out there.

But, anyway, there is no vehicle playes to check.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Thanks for the update. Even after my parents moved us away, we visited every year, and while my daughter was at Northwestern, she and I visited a couple of times. I spent many summers as a kid in Grayslake - it was a quiet, sleepy town.

For those unfamiliar, Lake County is a densely forested area filled with small lakes and what were once small towns. I can't hardly imagine how difficult a manhunt would be in that area.

!!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Reuters is running a quote from an LE spokesman saying the "manhunt has absolutely not been called off." According to a Lake County Sheriff's spokesman, the manhunt has broadened.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thank you for that!!!

Arg... Why do I even bother with CNN??

Thanks again ... Praying today is the day these three are found. God bless those searching.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thankyou for that information VegHead. If he didn't spot/monitor them in a vehicle, that would explain why there were no plates ran. It's incomprehensible that officer Gliniewicz would have neglected to call in plates on a suspicious vehicle.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Reuters is running a quote from an LE spokesman saying the "manhunt has absolutely not been called off." According to a Lake County Sheriff's spokesman, the manhunt has broadened.

Just to clarify...Yesterdays manhunt with men on foot, schools locked down and cops in choppers with IR was more centered on the possibility that the suspects were on foot and fled into the swap or woods.

In as much as that possibility now seems unlikely, the manhunt continues, but it is more reviewing every inch of surveillance video and traffic cams they can find, plus tips for possible leads with the assumption the suspects left by car.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Do these guys not even have DashCams in their cruisers? I mean they must have in order to have figured out the color and sex of the suspects right?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

That makes sense - thank you!

From Facebook page linked earlier in this thread :

A spokesperson was on with WGN radio this morning. He said that in order to not interfere with the investigation , there ARE details they are not releasing, and won't be at this time. He was , necessarily, vague with his answers, but we goy the impression they have an idea who they are looking for.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

My understanding is that he radioed a brief description of who he was in foot pursuit of, but I may be mistaken. That would explain why the initial descriptions are so vague.

As for a dashcam, it would only be relevant if it was both a) on, and b) pointed in the right direction. If he didn't pull straight in at the three subjects and make sure the camera was activated, it's moot.

There's a service station in the area that seems to have caught the subjects on camera at some point, though I also saw that investigators did not have the strongest faith in the video footage due to quality issues. I don't remember where otherwise I would link it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks guys for continuing to follow this story and update the thread. I hope that they have an idea of who they are looking for and this is some of the information that they have not released. My thoughts and prayers are with the officer's family & friends as well as with the officers searching.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

That makes sense - thank you!

From Facebook page linked earlier in this thread :

A spokesperson was on with WGN radio this morning. He said that in order to not interfere with the investigation , there ARE details they are not releasing, and won't be at this time. He was , necessarily, vague with his answers, but we goy the impression they have an idea who they are looking for.

Great to hear...I have to wonder what he interrupted that warranted the shooting of a cop.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
When is it ever appropriate not to put out a physical description of a suspect? That could backfire if he kills another person.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Been thinking about this all night. I live within 30 miles and wonder if these guys were running drugs to/from Madison/Chicago, Milwaukee/Chicago. Could carry a decent amount of drugs in back packs if no vehicle involved.

Also, as said above, due to the seriousness of cop killing, I've wondered if there isn't a secondary crime scene that just hasn't been discovered yet. These people could have done in a person or people and had evidence like blood on them at the time the officer tried to stop them, just haven't found that other possible scene yet. Puzzling.

I feel terrible for Lt. Gliniewicz family. In light of this happening so often lately, I'm sure his family were anxious for his retirement. So sad. I hope these people are caught soon!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join