It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
ABC has footage/pics of officers walking train tracks and the wood line on one side of the tracks.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
On and off Live Feed Here: abc7chicago.com...

It seems that more manpower is brought in to hunt down a suspect who shoots a police officer than a suspect who shoots someone on the street. Is the life of a police officer more valuable than yours or mine?

I'm several towns away from Fox Lake, yet even our local police are up there assisting.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It seems that more manpower is brought in to hunt down a suspect who shoots a police officer than a suspect who shoots someone on the street. Is the life of a police officer more valuable than yours or mine?

I'm several towns away from Fox Lake, yet even our local police are up there assisting.

When someone guns down a cop they tend to take it personal.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If a person kills another person, they may not be willing to kill more people, especially cops.

If a person kills a cop, it's a good bet they're willing to kill more cops. And anybody else they cross paths with. Does that mean a cop's life is more important? No. But it's simply recognizing that killing a cop is a step beyond killing a "regular" person. The killer's mindset is, by default, different.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I wouldn't say they think civilian lives are less important, but think of it as you would your friend group.....if something tragic happened to you or a family member of yours, wouldn't you expect friends from all over to help out with whatever is needed? I do the same for my friends and family if anything ever happens, bring them food, check in on them, etc....

I think they definitely get involved faster because showing a lack of respect for LEO shows that the suspect would likely show even less respect for civilian lives and likely go to extreme measures to get away, hence why they lock down schools quickly. They have to catch a cop killer a lot quicker I think, mainly because a cop killer shows they don't care about the law and will kill anyone that gets in their way.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

We see this "take it personal" emotion in movies, but I thought they had rules to follow in the real world. If a bank robber wanted to rob one our local banks right now, he wouldn't have to worry about being chased by police because most of the force is up in Fox Lake today.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

LOL....I was typing essentially the same thing. Mindset is completely different....takes a different beast to kill a cop.

I would hazard a guess that they would likely respond the same way if a child or pregnant woman were gunned down by anyone.....just takes a different mindset there.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

We see this "take it personal" emotion in movies, but I thought they had rules to follow in the real world. If a bank robber wanted to rob one our local banks right now, he wouldn't have to worry about being chased by police because most of the force is up in Fox Lake today.

Completely false. That's exactly why so many agencies respond. The FBI and Marshals being there means some uniformed officers can go back to work. Surrounding agencies will respond to calls for service if need be.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Completely false. That's exactly why so many agencies respond. The FBI and Marshals being there means some uniformed officers can go back to work. Surrounding agencies will respond to calls for service if need be.

OK.. Thanks for the reply. Let's hope they're on their way back. I didn't see any police while out running errands a few minutes ago..which is highly unusual.
edit on 9/1/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ATF is now involved in the manhunt as well.

Officer is described as a 32 year veteran of the force. No further info given.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm in Lake County, but not Fox Lake. I have not heard anything about this yet. But I have not had the news on. I am sure i will hear something from someone as the day goes on. Either through the shady grapevine or from one of my officer friends. If I do and its new. I will post it. Hope they catch the guys.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Tiny bit more info here:

"At approximately 7:52 this morning, a Fox Lake police officer indicated he was out on foot pursuit. He identified the suspects as two white males and one black male, then contact was lost with him," Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli told Newsweek. "Back-up officers arrived to the scene extremely quickly after contact was lost and they then found the officer was injured with a gunshot wound. He succumbed to his injuries." The officer and suspects were not identified. The Sheriff's Office has not yet released a sketch or description of the suspects.
emphasis mine

Manhunt Underway in Far North Chicago Suburb After Police Officer Fatally Shot

Seems to me that this would be among the very first bits of information that would be circulated, would it not?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Didn't see this mentioned yet. FAA has a no fly zone issued over Fox Lake.

Swat team, tons of helicopters, snipers... All things my parents have reported seeing in Fox lake.

Local school where their neighbors have kids attending (lotus elementary) has informed parents that they are prepared to keep kids as long as necessary for the lock down... Even if it means having a late night or overnight at the school. My prayers are with those teachers who must have a huge challenge on their hands to keep the kids calm and safe. I keep thinking about the little kindergarteners who just started school and were expecting a half day...

My heart breaks for the officer's family. Praying that God protects the men and women who are searching for the killers.

This isn't resolving as quickly as anyone hoped.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I wonder if the town of Fox Lake uses dashboard video cameras? That would be the only way to get a description, since the sole officer was killed at the scene. He was in pursuit for awhile though. Had to of radio'd in the license plates. Unless the car was stolen, the plates would point to at least one of the murders.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Why would there be a no fly zone issued over it? Seems odd, unless they are worried about the suspects shooting civilian planes or something strange.....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: VegHead

Why would there be a no fly zone issued over it? Seems odd, unless they are worried about the suspects shooting civilian planes or something strange.....

Good question!! I don't know. Maybe to clear the air for helicopters ??

Here is the faa issue:
tfr.faa.gov...
edit on 1-9-2015 by VegHead because: Link added

CX

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'd imagine they'd look at all lines of enquiry when investigating this, but i can't help think of an incident we had back in Germany back in the late 80's....and the wierd thing is i have never been able to find details of it again on the net....anyway......a report of a traffic accident had been phoned in to the German cops, it was on the army ranges where i was serving at the time so any one of us who patrolled that area could have been tasked to deal with it.

A plain cop car went out and was not heard from again. Then a second car was sent and they found a shot up burnt out car, with blood all over....and no body. Later the body of the officer was found in a shallow grave.

Turns out, police released the initial phonecall reporting the accident.....because most emergency services record thier calls don't they.....and they played it on all the national radios and tv channels. A prison officer recognized the voice as an ex-inmate, one of two brothers who had done time....and had a hatred for the police.

The police were lured out to an ambush.

They found the guys in the end and they were put away.

So yeah anyway...i hope this isn't a similar thing but it's something they should and probably are aware of.

CX.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Fox lake is a pretty small suburb. Even on foot, the amount of time that passed by, they could be anywhere in the Chicago land area by now. There are buses and trains that run regularly in all the suburbs. They could of had someone else pick them up. This is not some out of the way place. All the suburbs blend into each other, and then into the city. But they must know they are still in the area. If they are only searching Fox Lake and have the schools shut down until they find them.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Maybe they want to keep media helicopters out?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: carewemust

If a person kills another person, they may not be willing to kill more people, especially cops.

If a person kills a cop, it's a good bet they're willing to kill more cops. And anybody else they cross paths with. Does that mean a cop's life is more important? No. But it's simply recognizing that killing a cop is a step beyond killing a "regular" person. The killer's mindset is, by default, different.

The killer's mindset is "BLM" different is how I would put it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join