It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: H22a1Prelude
Not sure if related, but I live in Lake in the Hills IL, we have police helicopters circling our area, and our local grade school Indian Prairie Elementary is on lockdown. Listening to the police scanner on broadcastify.com

www.broadcastify.com...

Report was that a suspect ran into a home in the area, the family fled and called the police.

Black Male/Female spotted in the area in a silver PT cruiser, male removing clothing and putting in a dumpster 20 mins ago. Just broadcast. They've been responding to several reports of unusual persons as well. 2 Police Helicopters off, off duty police called in, 2 local townships (Lake in the Hills and Huntley) have units assisting. They've set up a command post at Village Rd/Golfcourse RD in Crystal Lake and are searching the neighborhood for what sounds like a white male, and both his parents are on scene. Kid is from Darlington rd, also in CL and from the dispatcher, has a history of drug abuse and is 16yo?

~Peace

My nephew attends Woodscreek in cl which is also on lockdown for this incident.

Wth is going on in the far Chicago suburbs?? The moon has looked red the last few nights - people are getting crazy

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
My guess is to clear the airspace of personal drones. I'm sure someone will launch one (or more) above the area to sell footage to the news media.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: H22a1Prelude

If you can, can you tell us how active the scanner usually is compared to today?

After the deputy was killed in Houston their scanner was blowing up but it was a normal Friday night according to locals that were on ATS.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

If they made that trek on foot, they must be beyond exhausted by now. What are you...15 miles from Fox Lake?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Approximately 30mins ago, CLPD chief of police requested over the air that they get State Police/FAA involved to set up a no fly zone due to media helicopters and several drones already in the air in the area "impeding the investigation and endangering the officers wellbeing"...

~10 mins ago, dispatch requested an area an altitude, nothing heard yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If they made that trek on foot, they must be beyond exhausted by now. What are you...15 miles from Fox Lake?

Approx 1.5 hrs by car directly north of Fox Lake. A black female/male were spotted behind a local store apparently ditching clothes in a Silver PT Cruiser... maybe a girlfriend of a suspect or something? Just speculation
edit on 1-9-2015 by H22a1Prelude because: typo

edit on 1-9-2015 by H22a1Prelude because: (no reason given)

www.google.com...@41.9890327,-88.5950935,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x880ef0bb273ef8 75:0x3dabf3a1950bdec!2m2!1d-88.2583733!2d41.7366773!1m5!1m1!1s0x880f6bd70915845b:0x73858f1c743206d3!2m2!1d-88.3161965!2d42.2411344!3e2
edit on 1-9-2015 by H22a1Prelude because: adding map

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I hate being right sometimes. I think they should arrest anyone found violating this no-fly zone during an active manhunt. Unless, of course, they are working with law enforcement in a coordinated effort.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Preliminary 2015 Law Enforcement Officer Fatalities

January 1 through September 1, 2015 vs. January 1 through September 1, 2014

www.nleomf.org...://www.google.com/

Just Seems as if there have been many more this year than in the past, is the National rather regional reporting the reason? It is never good to hear about people being killed, yet with that said is it part of the plan to divide the civilians from the LEO's?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Earlier it was mentioned that a mother in CL was being brought to the command post, and later the father also showed up. Something about a 16yr old male with a history of drug abuse. They had also mentioned bringing a negotiator to the command post so I had assumed that they were in a barricade situation... however, since then, the radio his pretty much gone quiet except for your standard calls on heat stroke, etc. Again, not sure if this is related at all... may just be that everyone was on edge.

Mentioned a White VW Jetta that was left in the area earlier. Just heard them mention on the scanner they're still looking through the vehicle.

Other interesting things I've heard so far:

> FAA/State Police contacted to set up no fly zone in the area of Indian Prairie Elementary school which as far as I know is still on lockdown. (Recent radio chatter about a grandmother wanting to pick up their grandchild immediately, nothing else mentioned after she was directed to a unit at the school)
> Command post set up ~3:00PM CST at Indian Prairie Elementary, reference made to a suspect in the area. 2 Police helicopters in air. Heard off duty police being called in as well as assistance received from surrounding townships of Huntley and Lake in the Hills.
> Secondary command post set up at ~3:30PM CST at intersection of Village Rd and Golf Course Rd. Search active in the surrounding neighborhood.
> 3 Calls for suspicious individuals. One spotted behind a local store (Black Male and Female), with the male changing clothes and throwing them into a dumpster. Another with a black male in an Atlanta Falcons jersey and multiple layers of clothes pacing in front of store in CL then leaving. Another with a black male spotted apparently putting on a bullet proof vest in a black toyota rav-4?
> Mentioned a White VW Jetta that was left in the area earlier. Just heard them mention on the scanner they're still looking through the vehicle.

Within the last few minutes, a suspect was reported in my sisters neighborhood about a mile from the area near Crystal Lake South High School. Easily walkable from Indian Prairie in a 2hr time frame. Still listening.

Not sure what the relationship is, or if this deserves it's own thread at this point.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

At 3:00CST when we had the helicopters in the area, and multiple sirens, I was outside on the phone with my wife letting her know of the situation. I hopped on the scanner @ 3:30 and just posted some of the information I've heard above. Traffic was definitely higher than usual, and we live in a relatively "safe" area with a low violent crime rate... The last time I saw a police response like this was back in probably... sheesh 90's when I was in grade school and a guy was on his roof with a rifle...
edit on 1-9-2015 by H22a1Prelude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If a person kills another person, they may not be willing to kill more people, especially cops. If a person kills a cop, it's a good bet they're willing to kill more cops. And anybody else they cross paths with.

nice assumption there LEO! a nice closed mind..... exactly your kinds downfall...... as evidenced by this fool who found himself shot because he felt the need to interfere (without probable cause, we will see.) in a private individuals business. you see, when he raised himself to the position of oppressor, by attempting to take rights these men were born with, he became the enemy..... of the domestic variety. you have no right to restrict an individuals freedom of movement, be it with laws, licenses, pepper spray, a jail cell, or with your closed mind. you have made yourselves, enthusiastically i might add, targets by attempting to enforce unjust laws passed by bribed criminals cheered on by the ignorant/young/closed-minded.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good luck to the cops finding them.

Vague suspect description, and despite the level of response, if the perps ran to a vehicle they'd be well out of the area before the first responders arrived on scene. I'd be willing to bet the perps are somewhere in the Round Lake area, although my city and much of northeastern Lake County and southern Kenosha County isn't without its criminal elements.

Yeah, plenty of stuff to survive on in the woods if that's your thing. (Fish, crawdads, cattails, skunk cabbage, wild mustard, etc.) However the bugs are hell if you're not prepared. I suspect the urban types that cause trouble around here would just hotfoot it to a nearby car and speed out of there. Many of the cities and townships in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin are close together. If not sticking around at all, it's less than a half hour to I-94 from there and just under an hour to I-39. They could easily be in St. Louis, Chicago, or Milwaukee by the time I'm posting this.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw

If a person kills another person, they may not be willing to kill more people, especially cops. If a person kills a cop, it's a good bet they're willing to kill more cops. And anybody else they cross paths with.

nice assumption there LEO! a nice closed mind..... exactly your kinds downfall...... as evidenced by this fool who found himself shot because he felt the need to interfere (without probable cause, we will see.) in a private individuals business. you see, when he raised himself to the position of oppressor, by attempting to take rights these men were born with, he became the enemy..... of the domestic variety. you have no right to restrict an individuals freedom of movement, be it with laws, licenses, pepper spray, a jail cell, or with your closed mind. you have made yourselves, enthusiastically i might add, targets by attempting to enforce unjust laws passed by bribed criminals cheered on by the ignorant/young/closed-minded.

You sound like a budding cop killer. Been to many BLM rallys?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Nice ignorance, citizen!

If you can't understand that a person who's willing to kill a cop is probably willing to kill a) more cops and b) other people then I dunno what to tell ya.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thanks, was hoping you'd see my comment.

That should make it easier to keep up to speed on this then. Down in Houston it was near impossible to separate the manhunt from other crap going on. Even the media was showing up in the wrong places.

Keep up the good work man

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: fixitwcw

You sound like a budding cop killer. Been to many BLM rallys?

Nah. Just another sovereign citizen. *eyeroll*

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Too bad the cop wasn't wearing a camera. Maybe they wouldn't have been so quick to shoot if they knew they were being recorded.

At the minimum, there would at least be a picture.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Man, listen to me I don't #en like cops these days, at all! and as far as I'm concerned I stay away from them, and they stay away from me, because I am not friendly and have nothing good to say. I don't cause trouble and I don't get trouble, killing cops in cold blood is wrong period end of story. Cops lives matter too. So pretty much the # you said is just diatribe, and it's in a thread where a cop was just murdered, you need to go ahead and move along.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join